Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

pulis makes Evans captain - would be awkward for your captain to hand in a transfer request or alternatively for you to sell him a few weeks after appointing him. Suspect Evans wants more money to stay there and this is pulis' clever way of forcing the club to accede and keep his man there.

such a development, in my mind, makes it far less likely that Jonny Evans will end the window in blue. With huth injured, I am a bit worried. Not convinced we ever look tight without Huth's organisation 

Pulis seems to have an uncanny ability to make himself look a right tit when it comes to players leaving...

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

Pulis seems to have an uncanny ability to make himself look a right tit when it comes to players leaving...

I thought this looked like a way of moving the responsibility to the board if it came to that. Match our wage offer and he will stay. Pulis has certainly raised the stakes. Not sure he could afford to walk out though after his palace court case loss. 

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

pulis makes Evans captain - would be awkward for your captain to hand in a transfer request or alternatively for you to sell him a few weeks after appointing him. Suspect Evans wants more money to stay there and this is pulis' clever way of forcing the club to accede and keep his man there.

such a development, in my mind, makes it far less likely that Jonny Evans will end the window in blue. With huth injured, I am a bit worried. Not convinced we ever look tight without Huth's organisation 

Chris Brunt I think was the their vice-captain last year, Fletcher being the captain. As Fletcher has left (Evans' pal), it might be difficult for him to want to step into this role anyways. Evans is a top pro, but he's not entirely happy with WBA. We have a good chance of picking him up if the offer is sufficient. WBA might be even considering it, but they won't be selling him unless they have a replacement lined up.

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Chris Brunt I think was the their vice-captain last year, Fletcher being the captain. As Fletcher has left (Evans' pal), it might be difficult for him to want to step into this role anyways. Evans is a top pro, but he's not entirely happy with WBA. We have a good chance of picking him up if the offer is sufficient. WBA might be even considering it, but they won't be selling him unless they have a replacement lined up.

So he should refuse the captaincy but he won't because he will link it to a bigger contract and he can't be 100% certain that a move to us would conclude. 

Imagine us making kasper captain tomorrow and then selling him to yanited in a couple weeks - how would that make us look?? 

On the other hand - their captain has left so if they don't make him captain (or vice captain) it looks a bit odd as he is clearly the next in line with brunt.  

On reflection, tricky .......

2 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Huth and 8 million?

Just now, MPH said:

Don't get me wrong, want to keep Huth but maguire Huth Morgan Evans... don't think we can keep all four happy....

Think it would be Morgan/Evans (with Huth injured) starting the season and then Maguire/Evans for most of the season, with Huth/Morgan playing when required and moving on next summer. 

Be great to keep all our players happy, but if we want a squad full of quality, then just not possible to give everyone enough minutes. Prefer that though, than having replacements who aren't as good but comfortable with less minutes. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Think it would be Morgan/Evans (with Huth injured) starting the season and then Maguire/Evans for most of the season, with Huth/Morgan playing when required and moving on next summer. 

Be great to keep all our players happy, but if we want a squad full of quality, then just not possible to give everyone enough minutes. Prefer that though, than having replacements who aren't as good but comfortable with less minutes. 

I'd be shocked if Maguire wasn't one of our CBs vs Arsenal. 

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'd be shocked if Maguire wasn't one of our CBs vs Arsenal. 

I'd prefer Evans and Maguire starting. I just think that Shakey will start Capt. Morgan for the first game no matter what. 

Morgan/Maguire seems most likely I guess with Huth out. Although can't imagine Evans coming and sitting on the bench for first few games if we do sign him.

We also have Benny who did well when he came in. If we do sign another top CB, surely he will go. 

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It's a tough one for sure...

7 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

1.Evans 2.Maguire 3.Huth 4.Morgan would

be how I rank those from best to worse. 

Not it saying I disagree with you, but I'd be surprised if they tossed aside the captain that way...

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I'd prefer Evans and Maguire starting. I just think that Shakey will start Capt. Morgan for the first game no matter what. 

Morgan/Maguire seems most likely I guess with Huth out. Although can't imagine Evans coming and sitting on the bench for first few games if we do sign him.

We also have Benny who did well when he came in. If we do sign another top CB, surely he will go. 

It it makes you wonder if we would 'reluctantly' accept Newcastles offer for Morgan...

Just now, MPH said:

Not it saying I disagree with you, but I'd be surprised if they tossed aside the captain that way...

I'd be suprised if he started considering Evans and Maguire are better than him... We didn't miss him to badly at the end of last season and he was awful from September - March..

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'd be suprised if he started considering Evans and Maguire are better than him... We didn't miss him to badly at the end of last season and he was awful from September - March..

Who wasnt though? He plays better when those around him do as well... plus he didn't have Kante protecting him hd to get used to it, Huth was the same.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

It it makes you wonder if we would 'reluctantly' accept Newcastles offer for Morgan...

I rate Huth higher than Morgan and so if we do sign Evans or Smalling or Zouma etc, then I would start Maguire with one of them and then have Huth as 3rd choice ahead of Morgan, and not sure Morgan would be happy with such a minimal role, whereas Benny may be ok as 4th choice again. So yes, absolutely I would entertain the idea of selling Morgan... Harsh but sensible I think!

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I rate Huth higher than Morgan and so if we do sign Evans or Smalling or Zouma etc, then I would start Maguire with one of them and then have Huth as 3rd choice ahead of Morgan, and not sure Morgan would be happy with such a minimal role, whereas Benny may be ok as 4th choice again. So yes, absolutely I would entertain the idea of selling Morgan... Harsh but sensible I think!

Football at the end of the day is a business !!

I can see Morgan moving back to the championship and doing very well there.

Benny really isn't Prem league quality & his decision making is suspect, would be ok for a game or two but not long term.

21 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Football at the end of the day is a business !!

I can see Morgan moving back to the championship and doing very well there.

Benny really isn't Prem league quality & his decision making is suspect, would be ok for a game or two but not long term.

Morgan moving back to the championship? The same guy that was an absolute rock the season before last and we were praying was fit for the champions league quarter finals.

Get a grip.

9 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Whatever CB we sign, Morgan and Huth will still be the best partnership at the club.

Given that maguire hasn't had any time to build anything that's hardly a shock statement

however, if it's still true come December I suspect we will be having a very tough season 

Archived