Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So it sounds like Shakey is very keen on Evans?

I think he'd be an excellent addition and a realistic target. He's won trophys too and has vast experience for a 29 year old... peak of his career... Do it.

Yes hope we go back in for him. Would love this to happen. Think he would slot well into our defence and make it considerably stronger.

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

True.

But Van Djik isn't the best centre half in the league.

I know a head of coaching in the PL who rates him as  the best centre-half he's ever seen! Not sure if I'd go that far, but I can't think of any better in PL right now. And yes, I did see your suggestion. 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I know a head of coaching in the PL who rates him as  the best centre-half he's ever seen! Not sure if I'd go that far, but I can't think of any better in PL right now. And yes, I did see your suggestion. 

Really? I think Alderweireld is better personally. 

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Terrible article.  There is a potential second bid and this is described as "preparing yet another offer" like we have been going up in increments of £5 every 25 minutes for a fortnight!

Prepare yourself for a barrage of Rudkin jokes lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4681146/Transfer-news-LIVE-Latest-Premier-League-Europe.html

Leicester lining up new bid for Jonny Evans

SIMON JONES: Leicester are lining up a renewed bid for West Brom defender Jonny Evans.

Albion insist Evans is not for sale but Leicester believe the 29-year-old Northern Ireland international would be interested in joining them as they continue to test Albion's resolve. 

He wants the move. West Brom are playing hardball but I expect him to be a City player come the start of the season.

We were in for him when he left United.

Personally think it would be a great signing for us given his experience etc & would no doubt help in the development of our young guns Maguire & Chilwell.

Very sensible signing if it materialises 

He's brilliant....very underrated, but I think anyone who leaves United tends to be looked upon as not good enough....he's calm and composed in possession, a good organiser and experienced in a winning side....one of West Brom's attributes is defending, this kid being one of the catalyst's...this would be a very solid signing. 

On 09/07/2017 at 14:55, AKCJ said:

Cesar Azpilicueta.

As an ex-centre half I could watch him all day. He's comfortably the best defender the league has seen for a good 5/6 years now.  His appreciation of space, his knowledge of the striker's next move, his timing is all just world class.

He's let down by his body but even then you rarely see him out paced or out jumped because of his positioning and timing.

Cesar isn't even a centre half, he's played there for 1 season. Like saying Mahrez is the best striker in the league 

49 minutes ago, Albert said:

He wants the move. West Brom are playing hardball but I expect him to be a City player come the start of the season.

We were in for him when he left United.

Personally think it would be a great signing for us given his experience etc & would no doubt help in the development of our young guns Maguire & Chilwell.

Very sensible signing if it materialises 

Can we expect him to hand in a transfer request?

59 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Pulis wasn't too keen to let Berahino move when he wanted it was he?

Mainly because Spurs wouldn't stump up the cash. It was more to do with Jeremy Peace and Daniel Levy being tough negotiators and in the end neither won.

20 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Can we expect him to hand in a transfer request?

Don't know mate. Doesn't seem the sort of person to kick off and cause trouble demanding a transfer etc. Usually once a player lets his club know of his intentions they are normally told to sit tight til a replacement is sorted etc. It's still early in the window so clubs aren't just going to sell once they receive a bid

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'll get him but please don't pay more than £20 million for a 29 year old defender.

Agreed. Last month Lazio were rumoured to be "considering" our £9m offer for Wesley Hoedt. Even if we doubled that offer he would be better value for money than Evans at £20+m.

Archived