Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

Just now, foxfanazer said:

lol

I like Fuchs but I'm desperate to see Chilwell develop into our permanent left back

I think this will be a transition year at the LB slot.  I can see Fuchs starting the season but there being more rotation and maybe some more formation changes.  I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Chilly develop into a left mid as he is still pretty naive defensively (got shredded a few times in the U21s tournie).  I see him more like a Bale like LB or maybe like a Marcos Alonso in more reality.  Attacking is better than defending and he pops up with runs and goals.  Fuchs is a very good defender.  Depends what happens on the wings.  If we keep Riyad, then Marc at LM can help Chilly more by covering.  If it's Marc to RM (if Riyad goes) and Gray on the left, then we need a more defensive LB as Demarai isn't the most disciplined (same if Lawrence gets a go I think).

Back on topic so this doesn't get locked... Didn't evens just sign a new contract?  Do we really need him?  I think we will play 4 at the back still with 3/5 as a plan B.  Huth, then Maguire, with Benny and Wes when fit as back ups / rotating. 352 would be Wes, Harry, Bobby with Yohan as #4.  

Just now, dylanlegend said:

I don't see the point in getting another CB unless we are gonna play 3-5-2. 

Everyone is obsessed with this 2 players for each position malarkey. Sven was, it nornallly just means we end up with too many players and a load of squad discontent. 

The opposite of what won us the league 

True but on the other hand we were very fortunate not to pick up any serious injuries to key players that season. If we had who knows how we'd have coped

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Everyone is obsessed with this 2 players for each position malarkey. Sven was, it nornallly just means we end up with too many players and a load of squad discontent. 

We were very lucky with injuries that season, as you seen last season we wasn't and then got our arses probed by spurs.

10 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

A team needs to have coverage for each position. You cannot expect to go through a season without injuries. We were very lucky injury wise when we won the Prem

FFS saw this topic was hot and thought something was happening with Evans. Would love us to sign him as I rate him very highly and think he would be a really good fit for us.

Any actual news on us getting him?

31 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

My first reaction is we need someone with end product at LWB, which as of right now Chilwell doesn't really have.

Then I realised we played Jeff Schlupp there.. So I guess it could work? :P

If we ever go back to that formation, I'd take Schlupp over anyone on our books for that LWB position. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

FFS saw this topic was hot and thought something was happening with Evans. Would love us to sign him as I rate him very highly and think he would be a really good fit for us.

Snap re 'hotness'. I think a topic going hot is the equivalent of someone betting a tenner on a signing and the bookies odds tumbling!! 

54 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Only that WBA fans are saying he's handed in a transfer request apparently. 

27 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Would you rather we were linked with players that are being linked with Derby or Huddersfield ? 

Course we wouldn't but its getting a bit monotonous every fuching player we're linked to is followed by an Everton link for the same player. Unless they're doing it with every club and we're just not aware of it. At the end of the day they can't buy every f***ing player on the market!

24 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

You're also assuming it's genuine, rather than paper bollox? 

I'm assuming nothing, could well be paper bollox, but the "paper bollox" that reports our interest in a player is often followed by a link with Everton for the same player. Unless I'm just becoming paranoid. lol

4 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

LOL.  Apologies... :unsure:

How about - that Austrian dude that lives in the US and always wears a t-shirt with an orange skull on it.  Takes massive throw-ins and flicks Shinji's ear a lot...

Arnie.png.4df8c6692936734b7d53b9d9d1f16f12.png

13 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Why would we start Simpson now as a Cb? Barmy! Huth would still be first on the team sheet,too many " football managers" obsessed with Rcb Cb and Lcb 

The reason for Simpson is simply because over the last 2 seasons he has probably been our most consistent player. The amount of times he's actually come onto a more central defensive position to cover Morgan's lack of pace / spacial awareness shows that he could be quite good as part of a back 3. Huth simply does not have the pace needed now to be a decent CB in a back 3. If the wingback are caught out of position we need them to be able to cover and you need some pace for that. 

27 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The reason for Simpson is simply because over the last 2 seasons he has probably been our most consistent player. The amount of times he's actually come onto a more central defensive position to cover Morgan's lack of pace / spacial awareness shows that he could be quite good as part of a back 3. Huth simply does not have the pace needed now to be a decent CB in a back 3. If the wingback are caught out of position we need them to be able to cover and you need some pace for that. 

Moving over to cover and actually playing the position are 2 very different things,also with 2 other CBS surely we can rely on them for pace,all I know is without Huth our defence is shite,look at benaloune,when he plays with Huth he actually looks a good player without him there he's garbage.

Archived