Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

Shame, but for me our centre back partnership going forward this season should be Huth and Maguire. Morgan can fill in when one is injured. So I don't think we should overspend on a replacement for the first month of a season (i.e. Don't buy British). We should invest in a quality loan or buy a known  player from Abroard for half the price a Brit would cost. Abdennour (left foot ?) looked like a good fit to me.

Cynic in me says making him captain drives up the price as it suggests commitment to the player. Perhaps we are actually close and they are pushing us to meet their valuation. 

But if I'm honest, I'm with you lot. Not a good sign.

Or maybe the deal is already done, but Shakey demanded he be made captain so as to keep our captain recruiting #1 in Europe?

Sorry foxes21, mobile wouldn't let me delete when I accidentally hit quote.

I don't think that Evans will sign. A new deal, been made captain, helicopter to training and a few willing wenches at the weekend.

It seems that West Brom are desperate to keep him. I've a feeling that Pulis would even bend over and take one for the team if he thought it would help. 

3 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Mbodj seems an odd one! We were reportedly all over him in January and he was hinting at coming here in the summer. Yet there seems to have been no mention since. Makes me wonder if Claudio was keen but Craig ain't !!

I guess that's the case. I was well keen on signing him. Still, might happen, you never know.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Just gone off injured against palace dodgy ankle. 

Dodged a bullet

It's not a dodgy ankle. He landed on it badly and twisted it. How is that dodging a bullet when it's literally just happened in a game that's taking place right now and the incident happened about 15 minutes ago?

On 19/07/2017 at 06:16, FoxinNotts said:

Shame, but for me our centre back partnership going forward this season should be Huth and Maguire. Morgan can fill in when one is injured. So I don't think we should overspend on a replacement for the first month of a season (i.e. Don't buy British). We should invest in a quality loan or buy a known  player from Abroard for half the price a Brit would cost. Abdennour (left foot ?) looked like a good fit to me.

Ever heard of Molla Wague? ?

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I know for a fact there have been enquiries from other clubs other than ourselves more recently. It's odd all these players linked with possible moves or interest have these 'injuries'.

Thats what I thought, Hence my question, "why's he not playing today" Strange

Archived