Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

Just now, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Am I being too optimistic or is the fact that the club has finally announced Huth's injury a sign that we've already had a fee agreed for Evans or another CB?

I think we all know the answer to that lol

Regardless of whether you think Morgan has another season in him - we're woefully light at the back. Huth is out for 8 weeks, Amartey can't get a look in at CB (because reasons) and Benny still has to convince. 

So that leaves Morgan and Maguire (who's still only had 6 months playing time in this league). Another CB is a must. 

Think our issue with Evans is that he might want a guarantee of a starting position to jump ship. That might upset two people in particular I can think of. Gibson may be more amenable to fighting (or waiting) for a place.

10 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Am I being too optimistic or is the fact that the club has finally announced Huth's injury a sign that we've already had a fee agreed for Evans or another CB?

They didn't have a choice, a journo would have asked eventually.

They delayed the announcement as long as possible, I'm sure Shakey would have loved to keep it quiet.

6-8 weeks is really optimistic after a surgery, I wonder if Shakey is telling porkies again. Regardless, after full recovery he will take another month+ to get up to speed, not having had a preseason.

Would have been a smart purchase but would have been foolish for WBA to let him go. 

I'd be happy with Gibson. Left sided CB with his peak years still to come. Either that or get involved in the Zouma loan race. 

There are other options out there too, and with Wes and Maguire likely to start the season, we are OK there too.

We do desperately need a creative midfielder and a RB as well as getting Iheanacho done. 

There's no way the Baggies would maker him Club Captain and sell within weeks, safe to say he definitely isn't coming here this transfer window, we need to get Gibson in whilst it's still a possibility.

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

Delph was made captain at villa and then left a week later , money talks in football now

Jonny Evans has more class than Delph.  Also Delph from Villa to Man City = Massive pay rise.  Evans from WBA to us = a bit of a pay rise, maybe.  And no captain's armband.

I'm still wondering whether we will go for another centre back?

i know Huth is out for maybe the first month of the season, but given his involvement at the end of last season, is Shakespeare going to try and keep Benny instead?

Huth, Morgan, Maguire & Benny.

I know we may like the idea of an upgrade given Hugh and Morgan's advancing years, but I'm starting to doubt it is seen as a priority by CS for this window........

Archived