Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

We are lucky to have him ...  cus no one else wants him at a reasonable price even though he has sat with his suitcase waiting ...    he is playing brilliantly and I still get on the edge of my seat when he sets off on one of his mazy runs or pulls off a little bit of magic ...   I hope Puel persuades him to stay here ...    but ...   when he comes off and sulks it really pisses me off ...  he is being subbed cus its the best for the team not whats best for the career of Riyad Mahrez.   A very distinct lack of respect for the club and the people who support it ...   sorry if you all don't agree but I can't help how I feel.   

You are assuming he was sulking because he was subbed off. When you assume you make an assist out of you and me as they say.

Thing is, Mahrez could've left right after the title win but he didn't. As an EPL poty he could've gone to another club easily, but he didn't. Everyone knew LCFC would never replicate the performances of 15/16 (including Ranieri and the players..) despite this he stayed and maybe you are the one lacking the respect here

You might say "if he was so loyal why didn't he play well last season" well nobody played well for the first 4-6 months of the season, so I don't see what you would expect from one player.

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

We are lucky to have him ...  cus no one else wants him at a reasonable price even though he has sat with his suitcase waiting ...    he is playing brilliantly and I still get on the edge of my seat when he sets off on one of his mazy runs or pulls off a little bit of magic ...   I hope Puel persuades him to stay here ...    but ...   when he comes off and sulks it really pisses me off ...  he is being subbed cus its the best for the team not whats best for the career of Riyad Mahrez.   A very distinct lack of respect for the club and the people who support it ...   sorry if you all don't agree but I can't help how I feel.   

It's a good thing that he wants to play, and is obviously enjoying his football at the minute. I agree that he could control his frustration a bit better sometimes, but as long as it isn't having a negative effect, it's not too bad. He looked to be having an in-depth discussion with Puel at the end too, so he's obviously willing to listen to the reasoning behind his substitution.

It was his apparent sulking on the pitch which I had an issue with.

43 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Good post! 

Just watched it back, I thought he looked on the verge of tears when being subbed off. Looked like he was disappointed in himself rather than sulky. Probably because he was outshined by Gray and those two must be trying to outdo each other in training all the time. Rooney's exasperated shrug when being subbed was probably worse.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Marseille interested in signing him apparently according to today's BBC gossip column.

such a crap link, not only they won't pay enough, Riyad has said in multiple interviews how he doesn't want to go back to France and Marseille in particular.

28 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

For anyone thats saying riyad aint bin at it this season would disagree think hes got better with every game and he must of had a lot of assist already anyone no the amount? 

Depends how many you call " a lot", he's had 4 + 1 goal

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/104749/Show/Riyad-Mahrez

10 hours ago, brucey said:

Just watched it back, I thought he looked on the verge of tears when being subbed off. Looked like he was disappointed in himself rather than sulky. Probably because he was outshined by Gray and those two must be trying to outdo each other in training all the time. Rooney's exasperated shrug when being subbed was probably worse.

Quite unfortunate if true.  Mahrez had been utilized on the wings for two years, and he's built his strength around cutting inside, and I certainly can't fault him for not scoring when put in a different position requiring different movements .  Having said that, he definitely would need to cope with being subbed, as most teams with depth of squad would have the manager picking players to fit a game plan, not simply who's good. 

18 minutes ago, halibut said:

Quite unfortunate if true.  Mahrez had been utilized on the wings for two years, and he's built his strength around cutting inside, and I certainly can't fault him for not scoring when put in a different position requiring different movements .  Having said that, he definitely would need to cope with being subbed, as most teams with depth of squad would have the manager picking players to fit a game plan, not simply who's good. 

This. 

He played well, but was treading water by that time and a change was needed to see the game out.

15 hours ago, lgfualol said:

He can do what he likes imo. We are lucky to still have him. Puel will turn him into a monster again

yeah absolutely this. if you’re good enough then you can be a dick. if he was jermaine beckford-ing it and being a stroppy nonce whilst also being pretty rubbish then it’d be annoying. but he’s still our best player. 

12 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

With all due respect, you have no fooking idea what's going through his head. 

Were you ever on the pitch and got subbed off although you'd think you could have brought more and the manager is making a mistake (no matter if the latter is right or wrong)? Of course not.

He did applaude the public whilst going out, so to hell with the lack of respect. He can't win with you lot, if he'd come out not arsed: "muh he's not interested", if he's not happy being subbed off: "Muh he's a little shit". Give me a break. 

Make your mind up ..  I've got no fookin idea whats going through his head but then in the next breath you tell us what you think he is thinking !   With all due respect you haven't got a fookin clue either !   Yes when he came on the pitch he was full of beans ..   all excited cus Claude had told him he'd got a free role and was an important part of his plans (well done Claude, you really seem to know what you are doing and my confidence in you just keeps growing) ...   but he just will not accept being subbed when the manger thinks he has just become a passenger (or whatever!!)...    never mind what is or isn't going on on his head his body language is telling me all I need to know ...   compare him coming off to Chilwell ...   head high applauding the fans who are applauding him ..  Mahrez ..  head down, muttering and shaking his head.   He wants to stay on the pitch to do a bit more showboating while the cameras are there and the whole world is watching ...   like I said he is more interested in self promotion than LCFC winning the game.   And if you cannot see that then you are deluded.  Unpopular as it is that is my opinion.     And ...   as I keep saying, I hope Claude persuades him to stay and we can see his skill for longer ...   but I'm not going to hold my breath.   And please please don't give me this "He can't win with you lot" bolox ...    if he acted like a man instead of a fookin 9 year old I wouldn't be posting in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Depends how many you call " a lot", he's had 4 + 1 goal

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/104749/Show/Riyad-Mahrez

Well he's tied at 6-10. That's gotta count for something no?

Actually we can consider him as top 5, if we give him credit for that cross that led to an OG

image.png.1f6d0eae036302d366ad21ed365e5822.png

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Redouane said:

You are assuming he was sulking because he was subbed off. When you assume you make an assist out of you and me as they say.

Thing is, Mahrez could've left right after the title win but he didn't. As an EPL poty he could've gone to another club easily, but he didn't. Everyone knew LCFC would never replicate the performances of 15/16 (including Ranieri and the players..) despite this he stayed and maybe you are the one lacking the respect here

You might say "if he was so loyal why didn't he play well last season" well nobody played well for the first 4-6 months of the season, so I don't see what you would expect from one player.

You are moving into other areas Red and a lot of what you say may well be true ...   whatever I post I still think he is one of the most skilful and entertaining players I have seen in a Leicester shirt and I will always be in his debt for what he and the others did for this club 2 seasons ago.   But back now to the present ...   I don't like his 'I've got to leave at all costs' attitude and his sulking.  Disrespectful imo. 

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You are moving into other areas Red and a lot of what you say may well be true ...   whatever I post I still think he is one of the most skilful and entertaining players I have seen in a Leicester shirt and I will always be in his debt for what he and the others did for this club 2 seasons ago.   But back now to the present ...   I don't like his 'I've got to leave at all costs' attitude and his sulking.  Disrespectful imo. 

Well, that's partially untrue. Yes, he tried his best to leave, but he didn't throw toys (unlike Coutinho, Sanchez, Dembele, M'bappe, ...) and he said he was willing to stay at Leicester if the owners didn't find a deal they deemed fair. So he obviously wanted everybody to come out as winners in the end.

He wanted to leave, but not in a manner that would be disrespectful to the club. 

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Make your mind up ..  I've got no fookin idea whats going through his head but then in the next breath you tell us what you think he is thinking !   With all due respect you haven't got a fookin clue either !   Yes when he came on the pitch he was full of beans ..   all excited cus Claude had told him he'd got a free role and was an important part of his plans (well done Claude, you really seem to know what you are doing and my confidence in you just keeps growing) ...   but he just will not accept being subbed when the manger thinks he has just become a passenger (or whatever!!)...    never mind what is or isn't going on on his head his body language is telling me all I need to know ...   compare him coming off to Chilwell ...   head high applauding the fans who are applauding him ..  Mahrez ..  head down, muttering and shaking his head.   He wants to stay on the pitch to do a bit more showboating while the cameras are there and the whole world is watching ...   like I said he is more interested in self promotion than LCFC winning the game.   And if you cannot see that then you are deluded.  Unpopular as it is that is my opinion.     And ...   as I keep saying, I hope Claude persuades him to stay and we can see his skill for longer ...   but I'm not going to hold my breath.   And please please don't give me this "He can't win with you lot" bolox ...    if he acted like a man instead of a fookin 9 year old I wouldn't be posting in the first place.

You still have no idea if it's for more showboating, selling himself or for the team. No fooking idea, just as as much as I do. That was my point. He still plays for the club and is rather playing well this season. That matters. He wasn't happy with being subbed off, this happens all the time with many other players, yet it almost became an act of seddition to your eyes.

Read what you want in his body language, I know that's something a lot of people on here like to use to kill off a player scientifically. I personally don't give a shit about that and rather judge the player's performances. You already passed judgement anyway so there is no point going further in this conversation.

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Well, that's partially untrue. Yes, he tried his best to leave, but he didn't throw toys (unlike Coutinho, Sanchez, Dembele, M'bappe, ...) and he said he was willing to stay at Leicester if the owners didn't find a deal they deemed fair. So he obviously wanted everybody to come out as winners in the end.

He wanted to leave, but not in a manner that would be disrespectful to the club. 

'unlike Coutinho, Sanchez, Dembele, M'bappe', ..     Sorry mate I couldn't give a flying fook what they get up to.

No he didn't throw his toys out cus they are all packed away in his suitcase which he sleeps next to at the airport.   

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I know that's something a lot of people on here like to use to kill off a player scientifically ...

there is no point going further in this conversation.

There is no point cus I haven't got a clue what you are going on about.  

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

is this another case of "we are too bored, so we have to grasp on straws to find something to talk about"

:nigel:

Foxy !! ...   you were a bit slow joining in !! ...   I'm off now so I will leave you and the boys to give my posts a good ragging.   :wave: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

There is no point cus I haven't got a clue what you are going on about.  

Body language bears little meaning. Judging a player or understanding what's going on in their head based on that is ridiculous, yet some make it out to be the ultimate argument.