Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

39 minutes ago, the fox said:

Those are just a few clips of one half from one match, its hardly that convincing lol

If I could (and if mahrez plays good vs Huddersfield) I will do another one comparing the little deferences between the two games. And I think it would be more interesting if he doesn't play in the first half, that will give me a lot to work with so I can compare between the team with and without him.

Would be interested to see that

Although I know Mahrez is the most skilled player to ever play for us and will always be held in high esteem by me, I also know that he does not want to be here.

His performances are nowhere near his Champions season standard and the fact that no-one took him off our hands for the easily appropriate asking price is testament to that.

Mahrez is never going to go for more than 35 mill......unless he wins us the league again.

In short. Bench him and give a young, hungry player the chance to flourish with us i.e. Gray.

(until we sell him to Chelsea)

Edited by easilee

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2017 at 17:45, the fox said:

Those are just a few clips of one half from one match, its hardly that convincing lol

If I could (and if mahrez plays good vs Huddersfield) I will do another one comparing the little deferences between the two games. And I think it would be more interesting if he doesn't play in the first half, that will give me a lot to work with so I can compare between the team with and without him.

Was wondering your thoughts on us with and without Mahrez yesterday? He's bench material atm. I'm worried about his trajectory

14 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Bye Riyad, thanks for the memories but we should have taken the 30 million.

Unless he does something special between now and Jan we're stuck with him

Yes but I've no confidence in our ability to replace.

We'd have almost certainly cocked up the replacement ala Silva.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Yes but I've no confidence in our ability to replace.

We'd have almost certainly cocked up the replacement ala Silva.

Its a genuine possibility that Musa would be more positive for us than Mahrez atm. I was watching Palace this weekend and wishing we'd brought Townsend in.

Not worried at all about Mahrez and suitable replacement etc. My only concern is him getting too much game based on past performances

• Like 1

He's literally the only player barring maybe Vardy that teams have to worry about defending against. Must be a nightmare for him because he's got nobody to give the ball to, nobody to receive the ball from and about a million defenders ready to pounce the second he gets the ball. Let's not put it all on him, if our side had any other players capable of a bit of magic then he'd have half a yard extra to work in. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

He's literally the only player barring maybe Vardy that teams have to worry about defending against. Must be a nightmare for him because he's got nobody to give the ball to, nobody to receive the ball from and about a million defenders ready to pounce the second he gets the ball. Let's not put it all on him, if our side had any other players capable of a bit of magic then he'd have half a yard extra to work in. 

I kind of agree, for 2 halves of 2 matches this week we were incapable of stringing more than 2 passes together. Mahrez isn’t a grafter he’s got sublime talent, we’re just not able to use it to the max. That said currently he is short of his best. 

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Was wondering your thoughts on us with and without Mahrez yesterday? He's bench material atm. I'm worried about his trajectory

Could manage to do another post like the previous one (but involving other players and not just riyad)

Just wanted to point this out, I saw something different than the Chelsea game, instead of targeting him, they were baiting him, they led him on, cornered him and didn't allow him to pass to his teammates. And will also point out how even in throw-in, our midfield is passive. (And of course I will compare between how we played with and without riyad)

I will get more into details in my post :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Ozwin said:

I so want to agree with you and can see sense in what you say but even allowing for the points you make.......I just wish he would look interested and that he actually gave a f%%^ about us.    No running, no tracking, half hearted and we need so much more right now.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Could manage to do another post like the previous one (but involving other players and not just riyad)

Just wanted to point this out, I saw something different than the Chelsea game, instead of targeting him, they were baiting him, they led him on, cornered him and didn't allow him to pass to his teammates. And will also point out how even in throw-in, our midfield is passive. (And of course I will compare between how we played with and without riyad)

I will get more into details in my post :thumbup:

No argument here about our midfield being passive. Non existent it is atm. Camt be helping anyone much. Mahrez seems most affected though. Both Albrighton and Gray looked like superior players Saturday

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

No argument here about our midfield being passive. Non existent it is atm. Camt be helping anyone much. Mahrez seems most affected though. Both Albrighton and Gray looked like superior players Saturday

It's the play style for both players, gray was way up the field because klupp took can and coutinho off. Like I said in my previous post, the way you mark riyad out of the game is by suffocating him with two players, gray has that burst of pace so the fullback will respect that and set up deeper.

I thought riyad wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be, he made a lot of right plays, but people are expecting a lot from him, and to add, because he wants to leave. Many people aren't inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.