Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

And we are back to the slating. Most people are forgetting that Mahrez has been on a decent form overall this season. 2 goals, 4 assists and 2 forced own goals. 

How come nobody is talking about Vardy's horrid form? For the main striker, he has 6 goals in 13 games, constantly missing chances/penalties, and yet he is constantly 7+ in the match rating threads. 

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

And we are back to the slating. Most people are forgetting that Mahrez has been on a decent form overall this season. 2 goals, 4 assists and 2 forced own goals. 

How come nobody is talking about Vardy's horrid form? For the main striker, he has 6 goals in 13 games, constantly missing chances/penalties, and yet he is constantly 7+ in the match rating threads. 

I think it's because pretty much nobody thinks he's on horrid form.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Hey I personally love Mahrez more than my brother (if I had one). But the fact is at the moment it just doesn't seem to be working, whether that's down to him or the personnel around him is up for debate I guess.

The criticism is not because Mahrez isn't English at all. If anything it's the fact we are so desperate for him to become that magical player he was 2 years ago..

you know what, it's not the slating that gets on my nerves, it is the lack of credit from the same specific posters everytime that gets me. he literally misplaced 8 passes the whole time he was playing, iborra, marc and simmo misplaced 9, n'didi and gray misplaced 8.

he was only disposesd once compared to gray's 4, iborra and n'didi both 2 times and fuchs once.

he attempted 3 dribbles, and he was successful in 3 (100%), compared to gray who was 3 of 7 (43%) and albrighton who was 1 of 4 (25%).

you can hold him not passing to gray against him, but he passed it to vardy.

• Thanks 1

The club needs to work with mahrez... he csn be the player he was in 15/16 again.

I hope he wants to stay with us and sort out his form.

If he is prepared to stay then i will support him.

If he wants to go then he is no.use to us and i worry he may never find his form.

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Hey I personally love Mahrez more than my brother (if I had one). But the fact is at the moment it just doesn't seem to be working, whether that's down to him or the personnel around him is up for debate I guess.

The criticism is not because Mahrez isn't English at all. If anything it's the fact we are so desperate for him to become that magical player he was 2 years ago..

Don't generalize. You are the one with the unrealistic expectations. You expect mahrez to play like he did in 15/16, but truth is  no one in the title winning squad expect Kante managed to maintain their abilities. 

Is Mahrez as good as he was in 15/16? Definitely not. Is he still a vital player for Leicester? Of course... the stats don't lie. 2 goals, 4 assists and 2 forced own goals (not to mention other vital plays that led to goal). 

This shouldn't even be a discussion, to be honest. 

• Like 1

Just now, Redouane said:

Don't generalize. You are the one with the unrealistic expectations. You expect mahrez to play like he did in 15/16, but truth is  no one in the title winning squad expect Kante managed to maintain their abilities. 

Is Mahrez as good as he was in 15/16? Definitely not. Is he still a vital player for Leicester? Of course... the stats don't lie. 2 goals, 4 assists and 2 forced own goals (not to mention other vital plays that led to goal). 

Yeah, expectations that Mahrez set. Why is it so outlandish to want / hope (not 'expect', on my part anyway) that a player who can reach those levels can't again? 

He hasn't had a bad season, in fact I think it's really odd people seem to think he has. I merely questioned whether it may be better for both parties if in fact it may be time to move on for him to fulfill his full potential. Not that I would actually like him to leave by the way!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redouane said:

Ffs. 

Mahrez is a selfish willy puller that’s one reason he gets stick.

Two forced own goals is a stat now. **** me.

Yes Vardy is shit isn’t he. You certainly have proved that with your 6 goals from 13 games stat!

?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

4 hours ago, Redouane said:

Because Vardy can't perform without the ball, not all Marhez's fault by any stretch but he is a main culprit. His continual one trick pony selfishness in running down blind allys instead of bringing team mates into play is getting a bit wearing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Because Vardy can't perform without the ball, not all Marhez's fault by any stretch but he is a main culprit. His continual one trick pony selfishness in running down blind allys instead of bringing team mates into play is getting a bit wearing.

Vardy is more of a one trick pony than Mahrez is though.

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

Vardy is more of a one trick pony than Mahrez is though.

I do take your point but feel in Vardys case, he's following a brief to a certain extent ie making best use of his best asset ie pace. He has developed somewhat however in terms of better touch and can now use his pace to the benefit of team mates getting into the box or even on occasions the more 'fox in the box' type goals when given the opportunity eg like the one for England. Given a better midfield he'd score more goals imo as opposed to the present where he's been feeding on scraps. Whilst he appears to be developing his game in different ways,  Marhez in comparison has been on a downhill slide for the last 18 months.

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I do take your point but feel in Vardys case, he's following a brief to a certain extent ie making best use of his best asset ie pace. He has developed somewhat however in terms of better touch and can now use his pace to the benefit of team mates getting into the box or even on occasions the more 'fox in the box' type goals when given the opportunity eg like the one for England. Given a better midfield he'd score more goals imo as opposed to the present where he's been feeding on scraps. Whilst he appears to be developing his game in different ways,  Marhez in comparison has been on a downhill slide for the last 18 months.

You can use that argument with any player. Put King in Barcelona and he'll become the next Iniesta lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redouane said:

Firstly, 6 goals in 13 games in the prem is far from horrid 

Second, have you stopped to consider that Vardy may not be at 100% due to the fact hes not getting much service. So many times you see Mahrez or Gray could play Vardy in and make the wrong choice. The last 2 games, ive really felt sorry for Vardy as the decision making in the final 3rd has been awful, leaving him with no service. 

Ultimately I feel Puel needs to work out how to get a system that can suit Mahrez, Vardy and Gray. Hopefully the addition of Silva will help as we will then have 2 midfielders who don't treat the ball like a bomb. We can all sit here and slate Mahrez or Gray or Vardy but if the tactics don't suit them then we will never see the best out of them. 

2 hours ago, Redouane said:

I'm also slightly confused that you feel that Mahrez's 2 goals and 4 assists (oh sorry and 2 forced own goals) equate to him having a good season but vardy scoring 6 equates to him having a "horrid season". Vardy also got an assist against west ham and I'm not sure if he has other assists as I don't delve into the stats as much as you. So mahrez has been involved in 8 goals if you include the 2 own goals and Vardy has been involved in at least 7. Yeh definitely shows a difference in their performance levels this season. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Firstly, 6 goals in 13 games in the prem is far from horrid 

Second, have you stopped to consider that Vardy may not be at 100% due to the fact hes not getting much service. So many times you see Mahrez or Gray could play Vardy in and make the wrong choice. The last 2 games, ive really felt sorry for Vardy as the decision making in the final 3rd has been awful, leaving him with no service. 

Ultimately I feel Puel needs to work out how to get a system that can suit Mahrez, Vardy and Gray. Hopefully the addition of Silva will help as we will then have 2 midfielders who don't treat the ball like a bomb. We can all sit here and slate Mahrez or Gray or Vardy but if the tactics don't suit them then we will never see the best out of them. 

Using your logic: And have you stopped to consider that Mahrez (or any other player) would have a far higher assist tally if Vardy didn't miss so often. 

I mean Vardy is currently average, not bad. But using everyone's logic in upping the expectations based on the 15/16 season, his form is horrid. Why do these high expectations only apply to Mahrez? 

32 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'm also slightly confused that you feel that Mahrez's 2 goals and 4 assists (oh sorry and 2 forced own goals) equate to him having a good season but vardy scoring 6 equates to him having a "horrid season". Vardy also got an assist against west ham and I'm not sure if he has other assists as I don't delve into the stats as much as you. So mahrez has been involved in 8 goals if you include the 2 own goals and Vardy has been involved in at least 7. Yeh definitely shows a difference in their performance levels this season. 

I don't really think Vardy is having a bad season. Vardy is one of my favorite players.

But.. He is definitely over hyped on here. 6 goals in 13 games is acceptable but its far from great. yet, he gets praised like he's playing incredibly. 

I just want to point out the hypocrisy and bias. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, the fox said:

you mean 4 goals, right? or pen goals only count when mahrez isn't the one scoring them. at least have some consistency

Yes you are right 4. 

I wonder if if there is a stat showing assists Mahrez could have made had he not been such a greedy bastard? 

I think it would be a vertical line if displayed in chart form.

He doesn’t come across as thick, but I am surprised he doesn’t seem to understand that having a high number of assists will attract suitors to enable him to get his fancy pants move.

He has a some assists this season, but anecdotally it could be treble what is on the scoreboard had he been a team player.

?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Redouane said:

Using your logic: And have you stopped to consider that Mahrez (or any other player) would have a far higher assist tally if Vardy didn't miss so often. 

I mean Vardy is currently average, not bad. But using everyone's logic in upping the expectations based on the 15/16 season, his form is horrid. Why do these high expectations only apply to Mahrez? 

Now that's just a ridiculous statement isn't it?

I believe somebody posted an article showing Vardy has one of the best goals / chance ratio in the division the other day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, the fox said:

you know what, it's not the slating that gets on my nerves, it is the lack of credit from the same specific posters everytime that gets me. he literally misplaced 8 passes the whole time he was playing, iborra, marc and simmo misplaced 9, n'didi and gray misplaced 8.

he was only disposesd once compared to gray's 4, iborra and n'didi both 2 times and fuchs once.

he attempted 3 dribbles, and he was successful in 3 (100%), compared to gray who was 3 of 7 (43%) and albrighton who was 1 of 4 (25%).

you can hold him not passing to gray against him, but he passed it to vardy.

You want Mahrez to be compared with Simpson?

player fans- got to love them.

Edited by Guest