Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

54 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Oh I agree, I just think Gray wrongly got stick for months and months for "looking mardy" and after Mahrez's generally good display yesterday, including an assist it seems churlish to highlight being annoyed for being subbed.  If anything it is quite a good sign to want to keep playing.  X

We all have our preferences when it comes to players and are sometimes inclined to overlook some mistakes or misbehaviors. But what I find absolutely appalling on this forum is the people who are unable to give credit where it's due and constantly wait for the smallest mistake to unleash their spite on the player they don't like for whatever reason. Regardless on how the player globally performed. It's incredible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

read on twitter that post match puel took him onto the pitch and had a long discussion with him about how he wasn’t getting space and that’s why he was subbed off. sounded like good man management if he thought mahrez was a bit bemused/annoyed with his substitution. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

read on twitter that post match puel took him onto the pitch and had a long discussion with him about how he wasn’t getting space and that’s why he was subbed off. sounded like good man management if he thought mahrez was a bit bemused/annoyed with his substitution. 

Puel was absolutely right to sub him off. Granted we sat back in the second half and he didn't see much of the ball, he still faded away and has to get used to play in that position.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Wow do you genuinely believe that? lol 

Yep.. The assist was superb. 

Had a very good first half. 

Looked a little lost playing the No 10 role in the second half. 

But over the 70 odd minutes he was on the pitch he wasn't 'superb ' for the majority of the time. 

Imo of course. 

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Don’t understand the stick he gets sometimes, last season fair enough. But nearly every time he gets the ball things can happen, bet there’s not a defender in the PL who doesn’t hate him running at them. 

Things happen, yes. He gets stick bc they often are not good things for Leicester. He makes poor decisions, gets dispossessed too easily, sags to the ground and pretends he was fouled, takes on 2-3 defenders for no reason, makes only a token effort to get  the ball back, etc. 

But then he will have a couple moments of brilliance that get him an assist and it reignites both the pro-Mahrez and anti-Mahrez camps. The problem for most of us is we saw the 2015-2016 season. We know he is overplaying, trying to do too much with the ball. We all know he wants out, and it looks like he is trying to standout at the expense of the squad. Maybe that is the case, maybe it isn't, maybe it is a combination of things. But the guy can play much better than he has played this season. Hopefully under Puel he can trim the crap from his game, and we can once again see the Mahrez of the title-winning season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

We all have our preferences when it comes to players and are sometimes inclined to overlook some mistakes or misbehaviors. But what I find absolutely appalling on this forum is the people who are unable to give credit where it's due and constantly wait for the smallest mistake to unleash their spite on the player they don't like for whatever reason. Regardless on how the player globally performed. It's incredible.

This.

I have been one Gray's biggest critics over the past few months, but after his performance versus Everton, I gave that boy MOTM. 

Clearly those who are not willing to give credit when credit is due just have a grudge, and it has nothing to do with performances. They want the players to fail, then they claim to be "true Leicester fans" :| 

2 hours ago, vanity said:

Things happen, yes. He gets stick bc they often are not good things for Leicester. He makes poor decisions, gets dispossessed too easily, sags to the ground and pretends he was fouled, takes on 2-3 defenders for no reason, makes only a token effort to get  the ball back, etc. 

But then he will have a couple moments of brilliance that get him an assist and it reignites both the pro-Mahrez and anti-Mahrez camps. The problem for most of us is we saw the 2015-2016 season. We know he is overplaying, trying to do too much with the ball. We all know he wants out, and it looks like he is trying to standout at the expense of the squad. Maybe that is the case, maybe it isn't, maybe it is a combination of things. But the guy can play much better than he has played this season. Hopefully under Puel he can trim the crap from his game, and we can once again see the Mahrez of the title-winning season.

Saved me a bit of typing.  He wants to sell himself and when he comes off he throws an almighty strop ...  Out comes the fookin dummy ...      Doesn't matter if it's the best thing for the team ....     Tbh best player we've ever seen or not it's fookin pathetic.   Have a bit of respect for your teammates, the club and it's supporters you little sh1t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Saved me a bit of typing.  He wants to sell himself and when he comes off he throws an almighty strop ...  Out comes the fookin dummy ...      Doesn't matter if it's the best thing for the team ....     Tbh best player we've ever seen or not it's fookin pathetic.   Have a bit of respect for your teammates, the club and it's supporters you little sh1t. 

I see the commentator got to you...

Mahrez looked unhappy, why shouldnt he...s h ould he do cartwheels and pick up 3 clappers, to keep you happy

Where in hells name did he throw as you perceive " amighty strop",

Talk about taking things out of context..

• Like 3

He's been close to his best creatively for the last 4 matches. He's also tracking back and putting himself about well too, which I can forgive him for not doing brilliantly when he's playing like he currently is going forward anyway.

We're lucky to still have him in this sort of form. I've been a critic of his over the past year, but there's nothing to criticise at the minute, even if he is just trying to put himself in the shop window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

He's been close to his best creatively for the last 4 matches. He's also tracking back and putting himself about well too, which I can forgive him for not doing brilliantly when he's playing like he currently is going forward anyway.

We're lucky to still have him in this sort of form. I've been a critic of his over the past year, but there's nothing to criticise at the minute, even if he is just trying to put himself in the shop window. 

We are lucky to have him ...  cus no one else wants him at a reasonable price even though he has sat with his suitcase waiting ...    he is playing brilliantly and I still get on the edge of my seat when he sets off on one of his mazy runs or pulls off a little bit of magic ...   I hope Puel persuades him to stay here ...    but ...   when he comes off and sulks it really pisses me off ...  he is being subbed cus its the best for the team not whats best for the career of Riyad Mahrez.   A very distinct lack of respect for the club and the people who support it ...   sorry if you all don't agree but I can't help how I feel.   

• Like 4