Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

Strange one for me. Watching him play every week its hard to understand how more teams did'nt come in for him...ok i know his willingness to defend is poor, but i would put him up there with Shilton and  Lineker   as the best players we have ever had. Struggled last season but  who wouldnt if you were double or even triple marked. It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of the likes of Wenger or Guardiola as to why they didnt put a big bid in for him

The fact of the matter is Mahrez didn't do himself any good last season with some woeful performances. After the heroics of the previous season to play so poorly is difficult to understand. If he had been consistence Leicester City's valuation who have been achieved and the player would have move on. He has now got to up his game and look for a move in January.

• Like 1

People here saying his last season was woeful , well let's be honest the whole team was shite , some games were dreadful to watch let's be honest here for a sec guys , and Ranieri sticking to his 442 didn't do us any good , and that's why he got sacked I think 

Mahrez is still mahrez , the little wonder boy who came from nowhere with his teammates a bunch of nobodies , surprised everyone by winning the PL trophy 

The thing about Mahrez and vardy & the others , why are they considered Legends , is that they managed to achieve remarkable stats being surrounded by mostly a team of second zone players , unwanted players , rejects , so you can only imagine what they can do if they were surrounded by what everyone considers talented and good players.

but you know what , I'll take that bunch of rejects any day , say whatever you want but Leicester can do it again ,

They have the key assets they just have to know the right strategy to use 

This team's problem is that it relies too much on Vardy & Mahrez to create chances , so when these two are not in the mood , the whole team will seem off

hopefully the recruitments were good and i'm expecting a new leicester to rise and shine this season too 

Now for a player like Mahrez who has potential , he wants a new challenge and that's acceptable , He got a taste of the Champions league and he wants it again I can understand that , LCFC made an unbelievable season 15/16 , but let's face it , it can't be done year after year .

I just hope the people who don't like him here, stay off his back, as yesterday's decision to base himself in Europe is being dramatised into him forcing a move.

At the end of the day, he had a transfer request in, clear intent to leave if the right bid came in, and would have been in Zambia if any bids came in, sensible to base himself centrally to any bids anywhere in Europe.

Id like to think he will take the knock back on the chin, and come back with the same attitude he's started the season

41 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I just hope the people who don't like him here, stay off his back, as yesterday's decision to base himself in Europe is being dramatised into him forcing a move.

At the end of the day, he had a transfer request in, clear intent to leave if the right bid came in, and would have been in Zambia if any bids came in, sensible to base himself centrally to any bids anywhere in Europe.

Id like to think he will take the knock back on the chin, and come back with the same attitude he's started the season

No chance. They have a go at him even when he plays well. You can imagine how it will be if he has a bad game in the next weeks.

• Like 1

We have a dilemna here and the choice is ours.

We should think very carefully how we react when our Little Algerian Magician returns to the fold.

Ridicule would be bang out of order, we should give him the best welcome back applause we can when his name is announced.

He is still one of ours and when push comes to shove he's tried and failed, so he will feel unloved and low on self esteem

The people who can put those feelings to the back of his mind will the people who have had the privilege to have watched him in recent years.

Those of us who have applied for jobs to better ourselves and failed will understand what I mean.......:cry:.

As long as he wears the Blue of Leicester he will always get the utmost respect from me........... I'm grateful he's still at the club.

image.png.e4391da30c86cf915c936d259fca347f.png

Now show those people who didn't think you were good enough, how good you really are buddy  :worship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

No chance. They have a go at him even when he plays well. You can imagine how it will be if he has a bad game in the next weeks.

I know, he could have fake injury, refused to play, no, he's got on with it, but that's not enough for some of the boo boys.

I don't think he's done anything wrong, got permission from his national coach, and hung around Europe in the hope of a move.

He might well be off it for a few weeks, as his disappointed, but I'm sure he will play himself into a move, which will benefit us.

1 hour ago, biggs said:

He'll love this improved team to compliment his high skill level.....Nacho with Vardy, some play making backs along with quality midfield (expecting Silva to be cleared) I expect Mahrez will shine for us once again

Good point. I'm hoping that if all our incomings gell quickly then we might surprise people (including ourselves!) and end up challenging for a European position, and maybe changing Mahrez's perception. Ever the optimist!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

No doubt Mahrez will feel screwed after how DD managed to get his move to a CL team and him still stuck with us no matter the fact he behaved like a gentleman by agreeing to stay one more season with the promise of a sell when a bid would come in.

Blatant Algerian / non City fan post here by the way. If no serious offer comes in what do u want us to do?

Anyway, think if CS manages this well we could get the best back of Riyad. Drop him, make sure he knows he needs to prove himself to get his move etc and he could come back all guns blazing 

13 hours ago, biggs said:

He'll love this improved team to compliment his high skill level.....Nacho with Vardy, some play making backs along with quality midfield (expecting Silva to be cleared) I expect Mahrez will shine for us once again

12 hours ago, deep blue said:

Good point. I'm hoping that if all our incomings gell quickly then we might surprise people (including ourselves!) and end up challenging for a European position, and maybe changing Mahrez's perception. Ever the optimist!

I totally agree with you guys, I'm excited to see how the new signings will be incorporated. So far, we've only really seen Maguire, and had cameos from Iborra and that exciting 17 mins of Iheanacho in the team. 

For Mahrez, I think we'll see an uptick in performance if his defensive responsibilities can be lightened somewhat. When we won the league, yes, he had to help out and defend, but not as much as last season. On top of more defending, he was also more Man marked out of games, as we didn't stretch the play as much and he had less time and space. It will be interesting if/how Shakey makes and tactical changes now and plays to Mahrez's strengths, in addition to Vardy's. Adrien could be the addition in the middle we need to provide, not only some more speedy passing but some defensive discipline, that we desperately need. 

Final thought on Mahrez and not sulking, I think it's just his demeanour and love for football. He strikes me as a lad that genuinely just wants to play, and does it not only for the money, but because it's in his DNA. Maybe it's his upbringing and how he had to prove people wrong after being rejected and made to do it the hard way (too small etc), much like Vards. He just wants to play!

I really think if we can get him happy, by removing some of the defensive stuff (not completely, he's still gotta help out!) we'll start to see him back to his best. Then even the boo boys wil begin to love him again. That for me, is an exciting prospect, and gets me excited for the rest of our season!! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NotMahrez said:

People here saying his last season was woeful , well let's be honest the whole team was shite , some games were dreadful to watch let's be honest here for a sec guys , and Ranieri sticking to his 442 didn't do us any good , and that's why he got sacked I think 

Mahrez is still mahrez , the little wonder boy who came from nowhere with his teammates a bunch of nobodies , surprised everyone by winning the PL trophy 

The thing about Mahrez and vardy & the others , why are they considered Legends , is that they managed to achieve remarkable stats being surrounded by mostly a team of second zone players , unwanted players , rejects , so you can only imagine what they can do if they were surrounded by what everyone considers talented and good players.

but you know what , I'll take that bunch of rejects any day , say whatever you want but Leicester can do it again ,

They have the key assets they just have to know the right strategy to use 

This team's problem is that it relies too much on Vardy & Mahrez to create chances , so when these two are not in the mood , the whole team will seem off

hopefully the recruitments were good and i'm expecting a new leicester to rise and shine this season too 

Now for a player like Mahrez who has potential , he wants a new challenge and that's acceptable , He got a taste of the Champions league and he wants it again I can understand that , LCFC made an unbelievable season 15/16 , but let's face it , it can't be done year after year .

I have a bit of a hard time with the term "legends", which is thrown around way too easily on this forum and should be applied with a bit more distance in time and emotion. I think everyone can agree that the squad that we had two seasons ago consisted of hard workers, team mates in the purest sense that ultimately became heroes. Not just to us, but also football fans across the globe.

Mahrez is a flair player and my hope is that he'll now put in extra shifts, rediscovers his old self and manages to pull his act together, playing a bit more consistently.

Our summer signings have shown intent and I believe the players will rejoice the opportunity to play alongside them, welcome them to the circle.

Maguire, Dragovic and Silva are model pros and, apart from being healthy competition, will give the team a much-needed boost also.

The 15/16 season cannot be replicated, probably never will be.

We'll have to tackle each new season with a clear and realistic goal in mind, and for a club like Leicester, it's trying to dominate the middle of the table, getting close to 6th spot and somehow make it back to a European competition thanks to a successful run in a cup competition.

Baby steps forward all the way. This summer's transfer window has shown that we can buy and sell sensibly. I salute the management for that.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Story going round is that before he flew out on international duty he gave instructions to clear his house out

and put everything in storage. Funny if true. 

That makes no sense whatsoever, who comes up with this fake news?

6 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

How do you know its fake news ?

If he did get his deadline day move, what benefit would it be to him to have his things in storage?

It's not like he can't keep his stuff in Leicester for a few days and get movers/shippers in once he knows his actual destination. Much more convenient than packing stuff up, sending stuff to storage, then unpacking stuff again. Also his wife and kids are still living in that house, is he gonna strip the house empty with them inside?

48 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Story going round is that before he flew out on international duty he gave instructions to clear his house out

and put everything in storage. Funny if true. 

I heard that he covered the king power with gasoline and was ready to lit it.

Doesn't he live in London, if he was going to Chelsea, what good does it do him to clear his house out?

33 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Does he actually have a place in Leicestershire ?

Yeah. I remember reading an article about it last year, in a Muslim area near the city centre and he frequented the mosque there with Kante. Think it was something like 15 mins drive from the ground.

40 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

The rumour  ( which is all it is ) was when I was working in London last week and the house was down there somewhere and family moving into a friend's place.

Does he actually have a place in Leicestershire ?

My cousin is a midwife at the Royal and delivered his partners baby so I would have thought so.