Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

Well Mahrez isn't going anywhere , He landed in Algeria today for their big game against Zambia next saturday 

Considering the fact that if Algeria Loses they're out of the World Cup , Mahrez or Slimani won't be allowed to leave the Training ground 

before September 2nd so 

NOT BEFORE JANUARY BABY 

18 hours ago, Loves2spooge said:

Well Mahrez isn't going anywhere , He landed in Algeria today for their big game against Zambia next saturday 

Considering the fact that if Algeria Loses they're out of the World Cup , Mahrez or Slimani won't be allowed to leave the Training ground 

before September 2nd so 

NOT BEFORE JANUARY BABY 

Slimani was allowed to leave the Algeria training camp for a few hours last summer to do his medical with us.

I don't think either of them will leave though.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Slimani was allowed to leave the Algeria training camp for a few hours last summer to do his medical with us.

I don't think either of them will leave though.

as of now , Algeria has 1 point after 2 games in the World cup qualifiers , They have a double confrontation with Zambia on the 2nd & the 5th 

2 must win games otherwise they can kiss goodbye the WC 

I think Mahrez isn't irreplaceable in Algeria's team but he is a major piece and a + for team so Having him in both games means more chances to win 

it's not easy to play in africa , so it's always important to have all your assets 

Last summer , Algeria wasn't facing Elimination from the WCQ , That's why they allowed slimani to leave 

7 minutes ago, Loves2spooge said:

as of now , Algeria has 1 point after 2 games in the World cup qualifiers , They have a double confrontation with Zambia on the 2nd & the 5th 

2 must win games otherwise they can kiss goodbye the WC 

I think Mahrez isn't irreplaceable in Algeria's team but he is a major piece and a + for team so Having him in both games means more chances to win 

it's not easy to play in africa , so it's always important to have all your assets 

Last summer , Algeria wasn't facing Elimination from the WCQ , That's why they allowed slimani to leave 

I think you're out pal. Hopefully both won't get injured.

I've been a critics of Mahrez, whether that's justified or not, but I think he's applied himself really well so far this season. He has been one of our better players (if you can't say that after just three games) and I thought he was by far our best outfield player at Old Trafford on Saturday. He was the only attacking threat we had and the only one willing to run at players (apart from Gray who was a sub of course).

Hope he stays. Forever.

Edited by Fox92
missed 'I'
  • Like 1

On 16/06/2017 at 19:46, The whole world smiles said:

Just been reading quite a lot of negative stuff about Riyad on other threads and thought I'd speak up for the Algerian genius.

I'm 32 and I have been going down city all my life. In my time as a fan I have paid money to see plenty of players with the technical ability of a potato. meaning no disrespect to a lot of them they were what they were but as a fan watching these donkeys ply their trade was pretty lousy entertainment.

Riyad Mahrez was and is, head and shoulders the best and most technically gifted footballer I have ever seen or will ever see playing for Leicester. When he had the ball at his feet it was like watching a great artist paint a brilliant picture.

He was the kind of player that made the thousands of pounds and all those miles stuck on a motorway worthwhile. Watching him these last few years must be similar feeling to United fans watching George Best in the 60's or Stoke fans watching watching Sir Stanley in the 40's. He was a maverick, an Individual, a once in a lifetime player.

Now a lot of you can delude yourself and say that he wasn't trying last year, which is ridiculous he has always had a languid, laid back approach to the game and no one complains when we were winning.

Or people can pretend he's a Judas and that they hate him and want him gone so it makes his leaving less painful. Truth is he already gave us 1 year more than he needed too.

Myself I will just be incredibly grateful that Steve Walsh plucked him from obscurity in the french championship and I got 4 years of going down City watching a player like that. I can hope and pray that we somehow sneak another year or two out of him but if not I wish him him well not just for the entertainment he brought but because without him we never would have had this:

Leicester-City-v-Everton-Premier-League.jpeg.acaff59bb379b2b1916dfa732b1a53a3.jpeg

Spot on. Fabulous player.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Does anybody actually know where he is at the moment? Country? City?

Right now in Barcelona - Spain

DIiLyW9WAAEnoLV.jpg

This was taken in paris this morning 

DIjsAEoXcAEtztO.jpg

this taken in barcelona a few hours ago 

(it could also mean that he's on his way back to algeria, to take the federation's private jet to Zambia)

ps: Mods I know you limited my account for the Ulloa joke , but deleting my posts won't bring him back , I'm just trying to participate with the infos that I have

So nobody wanted him even though he touted himself like a whore.

I'm really glad because he's a great player. If he plays like he did in two of the games this season we'll be knocking on contention's door before the next transfer period opens and maybe he won't want to go.

Hope he sorts his head out and realises that Leicester love him and it's a good place for him to play.

2 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

No doubt Mahrez will feel screwed after how DD managed to get his move to a CL team and him still stuck with us no matter the fact he behaved like a gentleman by agreeing to stay one more season with the promise of a sell when a bid would come in.

It didn't.

1 hour ago, DelBoy73 said:

No doubt Mahrez will feel screwed after how DD managed to get his move to a CL team and him still stuck with us no matter the fact he behaved like a gentleman by agreeing to stay one more season with the promise of a sell when a bid would come in.

The only bids that we know came in were from Roma, which were pathetic. We were only going to sell once a team me our valuation which clearly they didn't. We obviously valued Drinkwater at less, hence why he went. I'm sure Mahrez will be a little frustrated but if he gets his head down and performs, the whole circus can begin again in January.