Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Marvin Johnson - from Oxford with Appleton - Middlesbrough

4 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

The Mail article says he is a left back, but he has played most of his career as a left winger / left sided midfielder. 

Sounds like a good wing-back then.... Hopefully as back up though...

Only reason we need him is as backup to Chilwell when Fuchs leaves, this was also the issue if we were to go for Charlie Taylor from Leeds. It's unusual to have three left backs, especially when not in Europe and we still have Calum Elder too. He does seem to have developed late at football, something a few of our other players can relate to. He's meant to be very good though at that level.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only reason we need him is as backup to Chilwell when Fuchs leaves, this was also the issue if we were to go for Charlie Taylor from Leeds. It's unusual to have three left backs, especially when not in Europe and we still have Calum Elder too. He does seem to have developed late at football, something a few of our other players can relate to. He's meant to be very good though at that level.

Not sure Elder is up to much http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/callum-elder.255700/

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

We don't need another left back.....

Sorry to contradict, but I really think we do. Fuchs is getting old and I am far from convinced by Chilwell's defensive/ physical attributes.  I have a feeling he won't make it with us if we stay at the level we are at / aspire to. 

50 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Sorry to contradict, but I really think we do. Fuchs is getting old and I am far from convinced by Chilwell's defensive/ physical attributes.  I have a feeling he won't make it with us if we stay at the level we are at / aspire to. 

Gave away a penalty last time out I gather and although I didn't see what happened it would seem to follow a pattern of  being quite competent, almost classy on the ball, but making important mistakes when they're least wanted, if ever they're wanted at all. 

It's not unusual for a youngster but it's a habit he needs to get out of.  

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I highly doubt this lad will be any better though. 

Elder has high praise quite a lot and younger than Chilwell. 

We're sorted if Chilwell stays for when Fuchs leaves.

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I highly doubt this lad will be any better though. 

Elder has high praise quite a lot and younger than Chilwell. 

We're sorted if Chilwell stays for when Fuchs leaves.

Agree that the potential newcomer, at his age and still in lower leagues, has it all to do. But I'd never even heard of him until two hours ago, let alone seen him. Time will tell. But I do think we are weak at full-back in both sides and with each additional CB we are linked to, I wonder why we let Jeff go as 3-5-2 looks increasingly plausible. 

If it's not happening can someone please close this thread?

I keep telling myself to leave this thread alone as I realise that it won't happen but every time I see it rise back to the top I'm tempted back in again.

I think that both Ramadaone and Abrasive Fox are pretty reliable and both have stated that we won't be signing Gylfi.

Hopefully we have other targets lined up.

Oops wrong thread. Thought this was the Gylfi thread! lol

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

If it's not happening can someone please close this thread?

I keep telling myself to leave this thread alone as I realise that it won't happen but every time I see it rise back to the top I'm tempted back in again.

I think that both Ramadaone and Abrasive Fox are pretty reliable and both have stated that we won't be signing Gylfi.

Hopefully we have other targets lined up.

Oops wrong thread. Thought this was the Gylfi thread! lol

Close enough as it seems both have the same outcome ;)

On 2017-6-20 at 09:10, norwichfox said:

Close enough as it seems both have the same outcome ;)

Yes you're right. I try to ignore the Gylfi thread as I realise it's not going to happen but it tempts me back in when it rises to the top again. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived