Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Sam Clucas

7 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

:rolleyes: Whoever it was the other day that said all you do is criticise is spot on.

You are correct. We only finished 2 places higher. I suppose at the end of the 2014/2015 you expected us to be in the Champions League quarter finals in 2017 having won the Premier League in 2016? The expectations have changed as has the profile and blueprint for this football club.

Ok, we gonna sack off Wes, Huth, Simpson, Kasper, Albrighton, DD, Mahrez, Vardy. That's 8 of our regular starters who were part of that struggling team that changed expectations. So it's possible a fully fit and back to normal James can play a part, just like they all continue to do. Because contrary to how much you think we've moved on... two positions higher and 8 of the same 11 says different.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

It depends what you want your midfielders to do surely?

James isn't dimensional enough as a footballer. 

King offers a goal threat, always has. James doesn't offer that. 

He'll most likely be shipped out of at the back of the queue. 

James is twice the player King is for me, King wasn't fit to lace his boots and was a mile behind him in our promotion season.

Big fan of James but we can't keep using the argument that he was better than DD in the promotion season. That was 3-4 years ago. DD has improved a lot since then and James hasn't due to injury sadly. 

As for Clucas, we got enough squad fillers. We need starters. 

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

James is twice the player King is for me, King wasn't fit to lace his boots and was a mile behind him in our promotion season.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Big fan of James but we can't keep using the argument that he was better than DD in the promotion season. That was 3-4 years ago. DD has improved a lot since then and James hasn't due to injury sadly. 

Pre season will tell i think. James will have more to prove and will be very hungry.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

All people want is a chance for him to show if he's capable of reaching the potential he had, which frankly is far more then Clucas has ever shown. There are some obsticals to overcome clearly, but I'd rather he had the chance over signing pure average like Clucas.

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Pre season will tell i think. James will have more to prove and will be very hungry.

Huge for James, he can't afford any sort of injury. Any lingering issues and I think we'll shuffle the pack.

3 hours ago, Sly said:

It depends what you want your midfielders to do surely?

James isn't dimensional enough as a footballer. 

King offers a goal threat, always has. James doesn't offer that. 

He'll most likely be shipped out of at the back of the queue. 

If any CM's are likely to leave its Mendy and Amartey (loan or converted to CB)

Am I reading this right? People don't want James because he was part of the team that was bottom of the league for a long period but ended up surviving, yet they want Clucas despite the fact Hull got relegated? Double standards.

8 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Am I reading this right? People don't want James because he was part of the team that was bottom of the league for a long period but ended up surviving, yet they want Clucas despite the fact Hull got relegated? Double standards.

Statistically clucas out performs James is what I think has been mentioned. That's like saying Benny won the league the same as vardy did lol

12 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Statistically clucas out performs James is what I think has been mentioned. That's like saying Benny won the league the same as vardy did lol

Statistically out performs him? Refer to the squawka on page 7. James is better statistically. 

It's not like saying Benny won the league at all. Benny didn't play any part in us winning the league, James played a key role in the 2014/15 season where we stayed up and Clucas played a key role this season where Hull went down. I'm not saying I personally wouldn't take him based on the fact he got relegated. But it's extremely hypocritical that others are saying they don't want James back based on the fact he nearly got relegated when Clucas actually did get relegated. I accept we probably had a slightly stronger squad than Hull did this season but it's not massively different.

I remember Clucas playing against us and he looked very lively going forward a real nuisance in fact so I would not dismiss the idea.

We do have to allow the likes of Gray and Lawrence to  show what they can do or they will be off so that is the down side.I really like Matty James I think he is class but is probably not as attacking as the others mentioned so could play a different role

16 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Statistically out performs him? Refer to the squawka on page 7. James is better statistically. 

It's not like saying Benny won the league at all. Benny didn't play any part in us winning the league, James played a key role in the 2014/15 season where we stayed up and Clucas played a key role this season where Hull went down. I'm not saying I personally wouldn't take him based on the fact he got relegated. But it's extremely hypocritical that others are saying they don't want James back based on the fact he nearly got relegated when Clucas actually did get relegated. I accept we probably had a slightly stronger squad than Hull did this season but it's not massively different.

I didn't know whether he did, I just mean I think people thought he did :)

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Statistically clucas out performs James is what I think has been mentioned. 

Does he? James comes out on top in his last championship campaign and his last prem campaign comfortably over Clucas's stats... in fact he has his pants down.

IMG_3341.PNG

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Does he? James comes out on top in his last championship campaign and his last prem campaign comfortably over Clucas's stats... in fact he has his pants down.

IMG_3341.PNG

No I know he doesn't, didn't know at the time but I meant I think that was the impression people were under.

57 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Clucas played as a winger in the 2015/16 season, so its pretty pointless to use those seasons stats when comparing him to James.

It's not really, because it also shows he's a completely useless winger as well as a bang average CM. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's not really, because it also shows he's a completely useless winger as well as a bang average CM. 

Firstly your per 90 metric is flawed. Giroud has better per 90 statistics than Diego Costa. Was he better than Costa this season? No.

Secondly, I wouldn't say Clucas's stats were average:

6th most tackles won in the league by any CM

8th most interceptions in the league by any CM

2nd best in distance covered by any CM, behind Kante.

With better coaching & better players around him, Clucas can only improve on those stats. Both James and Clucas would be good 3rd/4th choice options imo.

44 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Firstly your per 90 metric is flawed. Giroud has better per 90 statistics than Diego Costa. Was he better than Costa this season? No.

Secondly, I wouldn't say Clucas's stats were average:

6th most tackles won in the league by any CM

8th most interceptions in the league by any CM

2nd best in distance covered by any CM, behind Kante.

With better coaching & better players around him, Clucas can only improve on those stats. Both James and Clucas would be good 3rd/4th choice options imo.

You're comparing one striker who is mostly used as a late sub compared to one who starts. So no I wouldn't suggest that because that can warp them. But that's not the case with James or Clucas whose stats are both based on mostly starts, a fairer playing ground.

I said Clucas is bang average, he's 11th for tackles, George Boyd just a few places lower down like he is in distance covered also... yet I don't want us to sign him either because he's equally as average.

We also don't need defenesive midfielder with zero creativity. Clucas has played a shit load of minutes more then our players, so his totals are always going to be higher this year, last season when Drinky played a similar amount he pissed all over him, just as N'didi would have.

Archived