Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Sam Clucas

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf i think Matty James deserved another shot more than us getting someone like Clucas in, i thought James was pretty good for us at times during the season we stayed up, 

I've always been a fan of James. However, as I said earlier, he was part of a central midfield that was part of a side that held everyone else up in the division for three quarters of a season under a manager everyone raves about. And that was before his injury. 

We'll see I guess. I'd like us to change it about and get an attacking midfield to tell the truth.

Just now, Col city fan said:

I've always been a fan of James. However, as I said earlier, he was part of a central midfield that was part of a side that held everyone else up in the division for three quarters of a season under a manager everyone raves about. And that was before his injury. 

We'll see I guess. I'd like us to change it about and get an attacking midfield to tell the truth.

Tactically we were all over the place that season.

But now we now have a solid structure/system/style of play so I think James will be a decent back up option for us.

Signing another CM depends on Mendy imo. If Shakey doesn't think he's good enough, then I'd be happy for us to sign another CM.

It's a strange one, this is the sort of business we needed to do last season, so that we had decent players to play in the cups and in crowded premier league periods before important UCL games.

Next season we don't have that, however I still think we need squad improvement, even if it is just a better bench player! 

Personally i I think he would be an excellent addition and when he was at Chesterfield the players I knew there said he was a Premier League player back then. 

All these people saying they want a player better than DD or Ndidi are dreaming if they think DD or Ndidi would make it past January if they knew they were on the bench!! 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

can understand that, personally i think Clucas is pretty average and nothing better or close to what we have at the club already

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

All these people saying they want a player better than DD or Ndidi are dreaming if they think DD or Ndidi would make it past January if they knew they were on the bench!! 

So? If the player actually happens to be better and fits the team better what does it matter. If we never replace players with better ones we'll get not much further than we already are.

We can't forever buy reserves to not risk upsetting people.

2 hours ago, Worthington said:

The potential problem with James is whether his injury has had any effect on his abilities.

As has been said, up until his injury he was consistently better than DD. The concern for me though is; in the 'Great Escape' season, as Col has said, he was an  integral member of a midfield that struggled  to compete for the most part .

That may have been down to having to accommodate Cambiasso, but it did seem that James, even giving 100%, was an adequate rather than 'star' PL player. If his efficiency is injury affected, he'll likely struggle to impose himself.

Clucas ?? Up and running PL experience, decent performances in a poor team, seems versatile and doesn't come across as 'Billy big bollocks'.....Can't see the negatives myself !

Col previously pinned the whole problem on Cambiasso, he's now spreading that issue to others as it now suits his new argument.

Fact is, the whole team was all over the place and finding its feet (including the manager). 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So? If the player actually happens to be better and fits the team better what does it matter. If we never replace players with better ones we'll get not much further than we already are.

We can't forever buy reserves to not risk upsetting people.

I'd be more than happy if we found someone who could replace inconsistent DD... but there's a snobbery in this thread that we can't also sign someone who would be good competition if not an immediate replacement. 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd be more than happy if we found someone who could replace inconsistent DD... but there's a snobbery in this thread that we can't also sign someone who would be good competition if not an immediate replacement. 

I'd be happy with him if we weren't already overloaded with players in that position for backup. We need to know what level James and Mendy are at before we go signing 3rd choice players.

I'd be happy to sacrifice doing that for top quality who walks into the team and improves  us. But not someone as frankly average as him.

Everyone raves about Matty James when we stayed up but it was when he started to be replaced by Andy King (along with the switch in formation) that we started winning.

He's a good player and I like him but like King, too much of jack of all trades. I'd definitely like to see him given a chance but he's 4th choice for me as things stand.

On Clucas, I'd pass. Not the step forward we need

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Col previously pinned the whole problem on Cambiasso, he's now spreading that issue to others as it now suits his new argument.

Fact is, the whole team was all over the place and finding its feet (including the manager). 

I never once pinned the 'whole problem' on Cambiasso. I always said I thought he was part of it. Which he was imo.

Why I argued the toss so much, of course, was because so many people felt he was God.

You're stirring again.

Back onto ignore for a while...

Matty James is a very competent footballer.

In the Championship winning season he was a real leader on the pitch - he's not ball shy and the reports from the Barnsley fans are also encouraging. I reckon he'll get a chance to play in midfield 3 with Ndidi and Drinkwater. I trust Matty James to do the business if injury-free. Ndidi will get the goals.

Clucas seems like a good lad . This interview is decent - he seems to enjoy playing the Kante role and still looks out for our results.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I never once pinned the 'whole problem' on Cambiasso. I always said I thought he was part of it. Which he was imo.

Why I argued the toss so much, of course, was because so many people felt he was God.

You're stirring again.

Back onto ignore for a while...

It never goes away, does it buddy.

lol 

Clucas has impressed me every time I've seen him. Isn't he an ex LCFC youth academy player too?

I agree with the general sentiment that we should be looking to sign players from teams other than those who have just been relegated, but I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some have made him out to be. He could even be an astutute signing. But with the fewer games we have to play this season, I don't think it's worth getting someone unless they are better than our current two of Drinkwater and Ndidi.

48 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Everyone raves about Matty James when we stayed up but it was when he started to be replaced by Andy King (along with the switch in formation) that we started winning.

Wrong.

We started winning before he got injured and King came back.

IMG_3339.PNG

51 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Saying that won't win you any friends! :D

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wrong.

We started winning before he got injured and King came back.

IMG_3339.PNG

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because it's blatantly wrong that's why.

So the run above begins with Andy King's winning goal against West Ham...

Now in my book, I'd argue the above is based on fact so some might say not blatantly wrong :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Now in my book, I'd argue the above is based on fact so some might say not blatantly wrong :thumbup:

Coming on as a sub and making an impact is not the same as replacing someone. James and cambiasso were still the first choice pairing until that so'ton game.

18 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

You mean when James was still on the pitch and King was still on the bench the next game despite you claiming he replaced James. King was then out injured, he'd struggle to replace James when not even on the bench.

We were winning games with James playing, that's clear as day.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

It never goes away, does it buddy.

lol 

lol

It's like groundhog day!

You would not believe the amount of times the mods have banned me for arguing the toss over Cambiclasso....whilst OTHERS that bring him up seem to get away Scot free!

I'm not surprised though to be honest.

Archived