Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Sam Clucas

55 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Seriously? Clucas is a good lad but I don't share your certainty that he's better than James. James was out performing drinky two seasons ago. There's no reason he can't again now back to full fitness and mobility.

I don't buy that James was outperforming Drinkwater. Both were honking the majority of that season it's just Pearson thought James was better and picked him more. Drinkwater showed in 13/14 and 15/16 he's head and shoulders above anything James can muster up. We've really moved on since when James was competent for us but as 4/5th choice I suppose he's worth a go. But let's not pretend we've got a guaranteed performer ready to come in.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't buy that James was outperforming Drinkwater. Both were honking the majority of that season it's just Pearson thought James was better and picked him more. Drinkwater showed in 13/14 and 15/16 he's head and shoulders above anything James can muster up. We've really moved on since when James was competent for us but as 4/5th choice I suppose he's worth a go. But let's not pretend we've got a guaranteed performer ready to come in.

Well said

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Huh? Most people on here have wished nothing but the best for him.

The thing is. It's been 2 years and not only are we in a completely different place to where we were, we're in a completely different place to where we expected to me. I think that's why some people aren't willing to pin their hopes on him.

Touché! I don't dislike him, I just don't want to be relying on an unknown, he may well turn out to be better than DD, he may well not. I'm aware sometimes I may sound harsh, I'd just  prefer we push on and spend on players, proven prem players. If James comes good then it's a bonus for squad depth. If not, oh well we did the right thing and prepared for it.

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely...spot.....on.....

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Care to elaborate? Did you honestly think James performed well in 14/15? Disturbing.

When we went to the 352 that pulled of the greatest escape at the back end of the season, I thought he was instrumental in making that work and played very well. 

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

When we went to the 352 that pulled of the greatest escape at the back end of the season, I thought he was instrumental in making that work and played very well. 

So did cambiasso but I wouldn't have him in our team right now. 

I thought James was okay in 14/15 but I just can't see him being our saviour. Our whole team was shit that season really, everyone says we played well but we would have deserved to go down if not for those miraculous few weeks. James' passing and shooting is dreadful and although he can battle, he is slow. 

I'd take Clucas as a squad player and if Ndidi/Drinkwater got injured he'd probably help us stay up. He's better than James or King. But hard to get excited by our current midfield and the centre mids we are being linked with (presuming we are no longer after Silva)

Debatable whose the better player but even if he is better than James, I personally don't think it's a significant enough of one to be considered much of an upgrade. IF we were thinking of replacing James we should be looking at someone significantly better for our supposed ambitions. Waste of money, save it for better.

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Debatable whose the better player but even if he is better than James, I personally don't think it's a significant enough of one to be considered much of an upgrade. IF we were thinking of replacing James we should be looking at someone significantly better for our supposed ambitions. Waste of money, save it for better.

Supposed ambitions is the key phrase, if we're really ambitious well sign ihenacho, Evans, silva and gylfi this summer, but we won't. 

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I thought James was okay in 14/15 but I just can't see him being our saviour. Our whole team was shit that season really, everyone says we played well but we would have deserved to go down if not for those miraculous few weeks. James' passing and shooting is dreadful and although he can battle, he is slow. 

I'd take Clucas as a squad player and if Ndidi/Drinkwater got injured he'd probably help us stay up. He's better than James or King. But hard to get excited by our current midfield and the centre mids we are being linked with (presuming we are no longer after Silva)

Good post. Sums it up well

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Supposed ambitions is the key phrase, if we're really ambitious well sign ihenacho, Evans, silva and gylfi this summer, but we won't. 

No but it's a nice thought though. Gylfi is key for me but was pleased with Maguire. If it's just those two I would take that rather than another half decent squad player.

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

No but it's a nice thought though. Gylfi is key for me but was pleased with Maguire. If it's just those two I would take that rather than another half decent squad player.

Thing is, buying sheer quality like siggy, that creates squad players, players that used to make up our 11. In my mind common sense would suggest we only buy the best interested players on the market.

27 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

So did cambiasso but I wouldn't have him in our team right now. 

I agree, Cambiasso was excellent in those games. I wouldn't want him back now either as he's 38 this August!

A 28 year old Esteban would be amazing however. 

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Huh? Most people on here have wished nothing but the best for him.

The thing is. It's been 2 years and not only are we in a completely different place to where we were, we're in a completely different place to where we expected to me. I think that's why some people aren't willing to pin their hopes on him.

Completely different place? We finished two places higher didn't we?

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Who has said he'll be our saviour? All people want is him to get a chance before buying a bang average replacement that might not even be needed. Marty James of old is a better player, in my mind that's without question.

IMG_3341.PNG

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Completely different place? We finished two places higher didn't we?

:rolleyes: Whoever it was the other day that said all you do is criticise is spot on.

You are correct. We only finished 2 places higher. I suppose at the end of the 2014/2015 you expected us to be in the Champions League quarter finals in 2017 having won the Premier League in 2016? The expectations have changed as has the profile and blueprint for this football club.

It depends what you want your midfielders to do surely?

James isn't dimensional enough as a footballer. 

King offers a goal threat, always has. James doesn't offer that. 

He'll most likely be shipped out of at the back of the queue. 

Archived