Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Sam Clucas

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

Who has said he'll be our saviour? All people want is him to get a chance before buying a bang average replacement that might not even be needed. Marty James of old is a better player, in my mind that's without question.

IMG_3341.PNG

Seems to question the clucas is better then James theory at least for a bit! Unbelievable the amount of stick Matty James gets. The lad was schooled at Man Utd, has great technique and stood out from when he signed and especially during the great escape season. If Shakey sees that he's still fit for this level during preseason then he'll be pushing drinks or Ndidi for a place and he'll be ahead of king and amartey.

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't buy that James was outperforming Drinkwater. Both were honking the majority of that season it's just Pearson thought James was better and picked him more. Drinkwater showed in 13/14 and 15/16 he's head and shoulders above anything James can muster up. We've really moved on since when James was competent for us but as 4/5th choice I suppose he's worth a go. But let's not pretend we've got a guaranteed performer ready to come in.

Don't agree that drinkwater was head and shoulders above James in 13/14. Not from where I was watching. James was undoubtedly more effective than drinky during 14/15 and wasn't 'honking' in my opinion. Who can say how James would've faired with Kante in 15/16? He missed the whole season. I like Drinky but I see James as potentially equally useful in the middle. If fit, James is a guaranteed performer albeit with potential to further develop. I would put Drinky and Ndidi in this category too. 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

I desperately want James to do well now Col so you can have another Cambiasso moment ???

lol

You weren't reading then. The poster said James was 'amazing' in the Pearson Prem season. Which of course, is turd.

That happens on here an awful lot too. People don't read.

56 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Don't agree that drinkwater was head and shoulders above James in 13/14. Not from where I was watching. James was undoubtedly more effective than drinky during 14/15 and wasn't 'honking' in my opinion. Who can say how James would've faired with Kante in 15/16? He missed the whole season. I like Drinky but I see James as potentially equally useful in the middle. If fit, James is a guaranteed performer albeit with potential to further develop. I would put Drinky and Ndidi in this category too. 

Drinkwater was our player of the season wasn't he? Got in team of the year as well and scored and assisted about 15 goals. James was nowhere near that instrumental.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

You weren't reading then. The poster said James was 'amazing' in the Pearson Prem season. Which of course, is turd.

Mmmm I'm not sure, I think there's enough in the posts to get to a Cambiasso status with this one. We need something to keep us going. ? 

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Drinkwater was our player of the season wasn't he? Got in team of the year as well and scored and assisted about 15 goals. James was nowhere near that instrumental.

You mean 2013-14 in the championship? Seem to remember James won young player of the year so didn't do too bad. Don't remember many players in a successful season getting awards they don't deserve. I like and rate Drinky, just don't get the James hate. I also don't get the unfavourable comparison with Clucas. 

20 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Mmmm I'm not sure, I think there's enough in the posts to get to a Cambiasso status with this one. We need something to keep us going. ? 

Bloody Hell! Another plonker on the ignore list. It's adding up at the moment!

lol

10 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Just a thought - is there any reason to believe we're interested in Clucas?

Nope, I can't think of good reason for us to be interested in him....maybe the Shakespeare / Hull connection? and he scored against us, which counted for a lot when we got Leo.

43 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Nope, I can't think of good reason for us to be interested in him....maybe the Shakespeare / Hull connection? and he scored against us, which counted for a lot when we got Leo.

that Hull connection thing would be pretty thin since Ckucas was signed by Steve Bruce,

but im with you, there isnt much to believe we are interested in him 

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

At this rate Col will be talking to himself. Probably still fall out with himself though. 

Just cos I disagreed with you, don't start picking on me..

:thumbup:

To be fair, on here talking to myself is possibly the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation. With one or two exceptions.

Col - you picked on me because I disagreed with you, don't try turning the tables. 

Obviously if you block everyone who disagrees with you inevitably you alter the whole thrust of what a forum is. 

Anyway, banter is good. Long may it continue. Right or wrong together we are strong. 

25 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Col - you picked on me because I disagreed with you, don't try turning the tables. 

Obviously if you block everyone who disagrees with you inevitably you alter the whole thrust of what a forum is. 

Anyway, banter is good. Long may it continue. Right or wrong together we are strong. 

Mate, if you consider 'what hate'? To be 'picking on you', you really must man up. 

The people I ignore aren't those who disagree with me. Rather those with whom I know that decent conversation won't be possible. I.e. No point.

Keep up the banter!

Clucas would be a shrewd addition to the midfield. He is very much a LCFC player, perhaps stemming form his six years in the academy, IDK. Tenacious, great engine, goes for 90 minutes, has proven himself at the Premier League level, 12 million is a steal at today's rates. His ability to switch to assisting and attacking the goal directly will provide precisely the sort of versatility that we should value. Pairing him with Ndidi in the middle might well allow us to send another man forward against weaker teams without suffering the immediate drawbacks we might've experienced this past season. 

27 minutes ago, vanity said:

Clucas would be a shrewd addition to the midfield. He is very much a LCFC player, perhaps stemming form his six years in the academy, IDK. Tenacious, great engine, goes for 90 minutes, has proven himself at the Premier League level, 12 million is a steal at today's rates. His ability to switch to assisting and attacking the goal directly will provide precisely the sort of versatility that we should value. Pairing him with Ndidi in the middle might well allow us to send another man forward against weaker teams without suffering the immediate drawbacks we might've experienced this past season. 

Can you explain your point about having clucas and Ndidi and being able to send more people forward? Wouldn't be more beneficial to play an attacking player like Boudebouz for example next to Ndidi instead in place of a Drinkwater  let's say. 

25 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Can you explain your point about having clucas and Ndidi and being able to send more people forward? Wouldn't be more beneficial to play an attacking player like Boudebouz for example next to Ndidi instead in place of a Drinkwater  let's say. 

I think it just depends who we are playing. Watching Clucas last season, he seemed to cover a great deal of ground, which appears born out by the statistics for distance covered, and he was surprisingly adept with interceptions and tackles, to say nothing of the fact that he became a clear leader for Hull as the season progressed. That is where I start from. When I envision this sort of player on LCFC -- a player who has a great deal of experience going forward himself -- then playing him with another player who covers significant ground and is adept with tackles and interceptions, like Ndidi, makes a great deal of sense to me. I can see a number of racy formations that we could play that would still be comfortable for our 4-4-2 guys, but most generally, I think we can rely on Clucas/Ndidi plus another MF and send a wing forward into more of a 4-3-3 against some of the weaker offensive units in the league. There are a number of teams like LC who don't have terrific linkage forward, meaning that shading certain playmakers slows down the entire offense, allowing our forward players enough time to recover. Ndidi and Clucas can provide this sort of harrying delay against a number of teams, allowing for greater commitment to the attack, and in theory anyhow, more goals. Something less than a high press, more of a delaying persistence. 

I understand why you might prefer a stylish playmaker like Boudebouz, but to my way of thinking, Clucas is superior because he has already demonstrated himself an above average defensive MF, while he has the ability and experience to himself move forward and attack. He may not do it as well as Boudebouz, I don't know, but I think it safe to say he has proven he can play both sides of the ball from the MF at the Premier League level, whereas Boudebouz would be a greater risk. But reasonable minds can differ, I tend to prize versatility and determination over a player who is clearly a bit more skillful. But I don't know enough about Boudebouz to rate him against Clucas.

1 minute ago, skegness fox said:

Ok take it or leave it but my mate played golf at boston (lincs) with sam clucas last weekend and he told him he will be playing for leicester next season. 

Probably in Conrad's position if true. 

1 hour ago, skegness fox said:

Ok take it or leave it but my mate played golf at boston (lincs) with sam clucas last weekend and he told him he will be playing for leicester next season. 

Gerrimin.. Your mate too. The more the merrier.

Archived