Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

They'd shit themselves if they were in power they are as split on brexit as much  as the Tories  no one party can provide an acceptable solution.

Although it's technically correct, Labour hasn't so much opened up a lead, it's rather that the Tories have gone backwards.

And, yes, I think they are more than content to let the Tories deal with this shit, which is fitting since the Tories got us into it in the first place.

19 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Help me out here Daz. I'm getting confused with all these protests...

I assume the comment about a country untied against fascism, racism and hatred is aimed at the picture on the left - the anti Trump rally?

But what's a country united against fascism, racism and hatred got to do the the picture on the right - Tories against Brexit?

same protest. yesterday's protest against trump wasn't a lefty labour rally. it had groups there from all sides - including the conservatives (pictured right). 

media is trying to make out it was a left protest when actually it was everyone united against fascism, racism and hatred.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

same protest. yesterday's protest against trump wasn't a lefty labour rally. it had groups there from all sides - including the conservatives (pictured right). 

media is trying to make out it was a left protest when actually it was everyone united against fascism, racism and hatred.

Ah righto. Looks to me like the conservatives on the right are protesting against Brexit though - not Trump :dunno:

15 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Ah righto. Looks to me like the conservatives on the right are protesting against Brexit though - not Trump :dunno:

No, I think ‘Conservatives Against Brexit’ is the name of the group they represent, Izzy. A number of disparate groups found common cause in opposing Trump, not just left-wingers. 

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

No, I think ‘Conservatives Against Brexit’ is the name of the group they represent, Izzy. A number of disparate groups found common cause in opposing Trump, not just left-wingers. 

Gotcha :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Professional protesters will join any march :ph34r:.

Can anyone just sum up, after 782 pages, the story of this thread?

Are most of the posters on here lefties/righties, Brexit supporters and detest Theresa May?..

Thanks.:whistle:

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can anyone just sum up, after 782 pages, the story of this thread?

Are most of the posters on here lefties/righties, Brexit supporters and detest Theresa May?..

Thanks.:whistle:

Everyone here except me and Rincy are Tories.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I’m going to wait for the ‘new’ party that will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of all the sh1te that are politicians today ...     I imagine a big waste truck that I can chuck all the crap ones into ...   would one truck be enough ? ...    would there be anyone left ???      I titter to myself wondering what they would say as I hoiked them on ...   I could imagine the young lady I saw when I visited the commons who sat playing on her phone and passing mints around all day ...   she’d probably take a selfie and post it on Facebook as quickly as she could before going in the crusher ...     :)

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I’m going to wait for the ‘new’ party that will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of all the sh1te that are politicians today ...     I imagine a big waste truck that I can chuck all the crap ones into ...   would one truck be enough ? ...    would there be anyone left ???      I titter to myself wondering what they would say as I hoiked them on ...   I could imagine the young lady I saw when I visited the commons who sat playing on her phone and passing mints around all day ...   she’d probably take a selfie and post it on Facebook as quickly as she could before going in the crusher ...     :)

No more cheese for you last thing at night!

This was not happening on our streets pre-Brexit. I'm not saying anyone on here endorses this behaviour but it's undeniable that the result of the EU referendum has enabled and increased this type of behaviour. The way Donald Trump is behaving and talking about immigrants is enabling and increasing this type of behaviour in the west. 

It's unacceptable. 

Guest MattP
21 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

This was not happening on our streets pre-Brexit. I'm not saying anyone on here endorses this behaviour but it's undeniable that the result of the EU referendum has enabled and increased this type of behaviour. The way Donald Trump is behaving and talking about immigrants is enabling and increasing this type of behaviour in the west. 

It's unacceptable. 

Yeah there was no such thing as National Front or EDL marches before June 2016 lol

Guest MattP

This was not happening on our streets before Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30751692

Fifty people have been sentenced for their part in violence that broke out during an English Defence League protest in 2013.

About 2,000 EDL supporters massed in Centenary Square on 20 July, where missiles and bottles were thrown at police. One officer was injured.

On Friday, the final cases concluded at Birmingham Crown Court.

The sentences have ranged from community orders to jail terms of more than three years.

Det Ch Insp Simon Wallis, from West Midlands Police, said it sent a "clear warning" to anyone planning to protest in Birmingham "to behave".

"CCTV showed some of those had no interest in the speeches going on and engaged in wanton violence, throwing bricks, hurling anything they could find at the police, members of the public, causing damage," he said.

Many came forward after CCTV footage was broadcast on BBC One's Crimewatch programme last year, police said.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

I just don't see how you can deny it. Disagree with it happening, fine. But deny a rise in scenes like this? Blinkers on. 

You are right mate never happened before Brexit. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/edl-protest-in-walsall-video-more-4925

Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg were arrested at this one I think.

Guest MattP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-12945734

I think Michael Gove was arrested at this, it would never have happened before Brexit. 

Protests by the English Defence League and opposing groups in Blackburn led to 12 arrests in a major police operation.

About 2,000 EDL supporters gathered for their protest near King George's Hall on Northgate, according to police.

Guest MattP

Twenty nine people were arrested as 600 EDL supporters descended on Dudley to pr

Police said their operation ran smoothly, and the day was largely seen as passing off peacefully.

Around 50 people opposed to the EDL had also protested, but there was no repeat of the violent scenes that have marred previous EDL demos.

Those arrested were held on suspicion of public order offences, officers heard.

Priti Patel led this one.