Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

George Hirst

27 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Not far off the mark at all.

Imminent & not the final signing of the summer

That's good news, in regard to Hirst and other signings, LA. If David had come to us, as LcFc_Smiv said, I didn't know if the manner of his leaving Wednesday, would help or hinder our chances of getting George!

8 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Not far off the mark at all re. us signing him.  David left Wednesday a while ago.

Imminent & not the final signing of the summer

Hirst and Thomas coming in, would be a great statement about the Club's awareness of the need for 'progression'. 2 very promising strikers waiting in the wings, for when Vards and Slimani/Ulloa move on.

15 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Some of our U23 strikers will need to go out on loan surely then? Gordan, Muskwe, Ndukwu, Eppiah, Uche now Hirst. Too many for them to all get consistent game time.

I agree, but I think Hirst and Thomas are in a different league already to the likes of Muskwe, Ndukwu, Eppiah and Uche, not least beacuse of their age and experience. IF we get them, I'm sure the plan would be to loan them out pretty much straightaway. Thomas could well stay at Cov and Hirst at Wednesday. That helps everyone.

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

How does everyone know this player is a talent?

Wikipedia says he's only played 1 game unless that's incorrect?

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/257314-george-hirst-2nd-foxes-bid-rejected/

Quite a few of their fans rate him, but because they want to be pushing for promotion they can't risk bringing in a youngster which makes sense. I'd imagine if he came to us it would be straight out on loan to a lower championship upper table league 1 side.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

For this money he'll be in contention for the first team squad?

£20 million doesn’t even guarantee a start these days mate! £1m will be a pretty standard youth fee soon

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Not sure if true but rumours up here were that his dad has had a falling out with the Wednesday hierarchy earlier this summer and is now working with us in some capacity? This came from a few Wednesday fans who I play football with who probably know no more than the next man and his dog.

Reading David Hirst's Twitter page (@HirstyD9), it doesn't look like he's linked up with any other club since leaving Wednesday.  He retweets loads from various Twitter feeds (so it's probably correct he doesn't work for Sheffield Wednesday anymore - otherwise he'd Tweet himself) and it's all about Wednesday (and not just about his son) - nothing about any other club.  I think, if he worked for City, he would highlight some of our Youth team successes ? 

1 hour ago, TheMightySystem said:

Some of our U23 strikers will need to go out on loan surely then? Gordan, Muskwe, Ndukwu, Eppiah, Uche now Hirst. Too many for them to all get consistent game time.

Definitely, we should be looking at loaning out a few players. Chilwell and Barnes went out on loan and seemed to come back improved and in and around the first team. I don't think it does any of the youth team any good to be stuck in the academy until they're 20+. 

Strange how we seem to be buying strikers for the youth side when we have to play Hammond in midfield because of lack of options.

14 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Reading David Hirst's Twitter page (@HirstyD9), it doesn't look like he's linked up with any other club since leaving Wednesday.  He retweets loads from various Twitter feeds (so it's probably correct he doesn't work for Sheffield Wednesday anymore - otherwise he'd Tweet himself) and it's all about Wednesday (and not just about his son) - nothing about any other club.  I think, if he worked for City, he would highlight some of our Youth team successes ? 

Let me know if you find any, I’ll point them out to him lol 

9 hours ago, bald reynard said:

I know very little about it mate, only what I have been told. Although I was under the belief that David Hirst was more to do with the hospitality side of football rather than the youth development/coaching side, again I could be massively wrong!

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I know very little about it mate, only what I have been told. Although I was under the belief that David Hirst was more to do with the hospitality side of football rather than the youth development/coaching side, again I could be massively wrong!

You're right Smiv, Hirst Senior did work for Wednesday on the hospitality side. I guess he could now be working at City, but he had strong links with Wednesday which would probably explain why they used him, I doubt if we would offer him the same role, but he could be doing another job.

Swansea have signed Courtney Baker-Richardson from Leamington. We had him on trial, but obviously have decided not to sign him. He's 21, a big, strong Centre Forward - very similar to George Hirst. The fact that we didn't go for him, implies we will be signing Hirst.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-swoop-former-coventry-13444822

7 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Swansea have signed Courtney Baker-Richardson from Leamington. We had him on trial, but obviously have decided not to sign him. He's 21, a big, strong Centre Forward - very similar to George Hirst. The fact that we didn't go for him, implies we will be signing Hirst.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-swoop-former-coventry-13444822

Fingers crossed we go for Hirst then. :fc: 

11 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

The fact we didn't sign a lad from Leamington IMPLIES we will be signing a lad from Sheff Weds? Really?

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

I'm sure Vardy is aware of how capable Hirst is and he will let the Club know if he is a decent prospect..... :thumbup:

Up the City .... :scarf:

Surely Barnes and Moore should? They played with him in Toulon

Any news on this lad?? He's scored over 40 this season for club and country (youth leagues but still....) 

He really is a potential England striker if his development carries on at the rate it is. 

We would be completely stupid not to go in with a decent offer, wednesday are raving about him.

Going to be really ****ed off if Everton or another prem club get him, 40+ goals in a season is NOT to be sniffed at, get him in, loan him out then bring him into the first team set up. 

Archived