Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

One more signing

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23893

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho's proposed transfer to Leicester City is still hanging in the balance, amid suggestions that he is set to be unveiled by the former Premier League champs in the coming days.

The Citizens and Leicester City have already agreed terms for the transfer of the Nigeria international to the King Power Stadium, but there's a stumbling block that must be overcome before the move is made official by The Foxes.

The court case between First Eleven Management and Stellar Group has not been decided yet and may linger on and on, with the American based agency vowing that they are ready to take the case to the States if they don't get a favorable judgement.

Iheanacho is disturbed about the impasse and is seeking an out-of-court settlement, and has offered to compensate First Eleven Management for unilaterally terminating his contract with the agency before its expiration. 

The Super Eagles star has claimed that he was introduced to Stellar Group by City teammate Patrick Roberts, but it is known that some English-based Nigerian agents were the ones that convinced him to tear up his contract with First Eleven Management.

10 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23893

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho's proposed transfer to Leicester City is still hanging in the balance, amid suggestions that he is set to be unveiled by the former Premier League champs in the coming days.

The Citizens and Leicester City have already agreed terms for the transfer of the Nigeria international to the King Power Stadium, but there's a stumbling block that must be overcome before the move is made official by The Foxes.

The court case between First Eleven Management and Stellar Group has not been decided yet and may linger on and on, with the American based agency vowing that they are ready to take the case to the States if they don't get a favorable judgement.

Iheanacho is disturbed about the impasse and is seeking an out-of-court settlement, and has offered to compensate First Eleven Management for unilaterally terminating his contract with the agency before its expiration. 

The Super Eagles star has claimed that he was introduced to Stellar Group by City teammate Patrick Roberts, but it is known that some English-based Nigerian agents were the ones that convinced him to tear up his contract with First Eleven Management.

Agents: simply one of the worst things ever to happen to football. Greedy, money grabbing and have taken so much money out of the game which could have been put into grass roots. High time they were kicked out of the game completely and clubs should all completely refuse to deal with them and only deal direct with the players.

Can't think of a single positive thing they bring to the game.

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

Agents: simply one of the worst things ever to happen to football. Greedy, money grabbing and have taken so much money out of the game which could have been put into grass roots. High time they were kicked out of the game completely and clubs should all completely refuse to deal with them and only deal direct with the players.

Can't think of a single positive thing they bring to the game.

Sometimes things such as jobs are created and set up with the best of intentions. In this case obviously it was to  seek out the best deal for their client. To make sure they received financial security and perks etc. But like many good intentions it's absolutely saturated with greed.

The EU WAS a good idea.

So was FIFA

Both now ruined by greed and power hungry globalist bureaucrats 

There should be a non profitable organisation set up by the PFA to ensure clubs are fair to players and that they are paid accordingly.

That or there should be a cap on how much an agent can earn.

But ironically, I think both these solutions would break 'competitive' business laws

25 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Sometimes things such as jobs are created and set up with the best of intentions. In this case obviously it was to  seek out the best deal for their client. To make sure they received financial security and perks etc. But like many good intentions it's absolutely saturated with greed.

The EU WAS a good idea.

So was FIFA

Both now ruined by greed and power hungry globalist bureaucrats 

There should be a non profitable organisation set up by the PFA to ensure clubs are fair to players and that they are paid accordingly.

That or there should be a cap on how much an agent can earn.

But ironically, I think both these solutions would break 'competitive' business laws

The clubs have,apparently,agreed the deal. It is held up by the greed of others.

What the player may have naively signed up to is clearly the problem. No easy solution!

• 3 weeks later...

Just one more needed IMO (Even if Mahrez leaves).

CAM no.10.

My realistic targets would be:

Ryad Boudebouz - Montpellier 

Thorgan Hazard - Brus Munch Glad

Roberto Pereyra - Watford

We'd be able to get any of these for under £18m, easy.

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Just one more needed IMO (Even if Mahrez leaves).

CAM no.10.

My realistic targets would be:

Ryad Boudebouz - Montpellier 

Thorgan Hazard - Brus Munch Glad

Roberto Pereyra - Watford

We'd be able to get any of these for under £18m, easy.

We don't play with a CAM. Iheanacho will be the No10 linking MF to Vardy.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yeah, I appreciate that notion.

I was merely stating what I would do, or rather, would like us to do.

The club never seem to see things in the same way as most of the fans do.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

This^^^^

for the sake of Jesus Christ THIS^^^

I can't believe how many people are going on about a CAM, when we'd have to change style & formation to fit one in, not to mention who we would have to leave out??

if you have a CAM, you either play 4-4-1-1 , i.e. No iheanacho in the side, or you play 3-5-2, where you need 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs, which currently we don't have, not genuine tried and tested ones anyway..........

once we signed iheanacho, getting a CAM went out the window, how is this so hard for people to get???

It was always going to be either Sigurdsson (a CAM in a 4-4-1-1) OR iheanacho!

4 minutes ago, City1884 said:

This^^^^

I can't believe how many people are going on about a CAM, when we'd have to change style & formation to fit one in, not to mention who we would have to leave out??

if you have a CAM, you either play 4-4-1-1 , i.e. No iheanacho in the side, or you play 3-5-2, where you need 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs, which currently we don't have, not genuine tried and tested ones anyway..........

once we signed iheanacho, getting a CAM went out the window, how is this so hard for people to get???

Agree 100%

27 minutes ago, City1884 said:

This^^^^

27 posts and you are getting frustrated with fans not understanding ?

Going to be a long slog 

25 minutes ago, City1884 said:

This^^^^

You right, apart from we play 4-4-1-1 with Okazaki in our side. 

Its aparent that Iheanacho will replace Okazaki in this formation.

From what I can gather, most people recognise this (on this forum) and simply wanted an out and out CAM to replace Okazaki, and retain the tried and tested 4-4-1-1, rather than Iheanacho.

We're not unhappy with Iheanacho, we just would have rather had Gylfi, Boudebouz or T Hazard in that role.

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

You right, apart from we play 4-4-1-1 with Okazaki in our side. 

Its aparent that Iheanacho will replace Okazaki in this formation.

From what I can gather, most people recognise this (on this forum) and simply wanted an out and out CAM to replace Okazaki, and retain the tried and tested 4-4-1-1, rather than Iheanacho.

We're not unhappy with Iheanacho, we just would have rather had Gylfi, Boudebouz or T Hazard in that role.

Speak for yourself there mate.

Iheanacho is the most exciting signing we've ever made IMO.

He has genuine world class potential and wants to play No10. He wants to play off the striker and obviously fancies himself as a bit of a creator and we already know he has goals in abundance in his locker as he's the most prolific goalscorer in PL history by the minutes played metric.

I'd have mocked anyone who said they'd like us to sign Iheanacho before this summer as I didn't think it was feasible. He literally ticks every box for me.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He has genuine world class potential and wants to play No10. He wants to play off the striker and obviously fancies himself as a bit of a creator and we already know he has goals in abundance in his locker as he's the most prolific goalscorer in PL history by the minutes played metric.

I'd have mocked anyone who said they'd like us to sign Iheanacho before this summer as I didn't think it was feasible. He literally ticks every box for me.

And me, Sigurdsson is not worth £40M and I would much rather have Iheanacho in the hole behind Vardy. Tried and tested formation which works for the wingers/full backs we have already.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I obviously hope you're right

1 minute ago, dan_fox said:

And me, Sigurdsson is not worth £40M and I would much rather have Iheanacho in the hole behind Vardy. Tried and tested formation which works for the wingers/full backs we have already.

I don't want to change the formation either.

perhaps I'm not articulating it well enough!

Think we all want to stick with 4-4-1-1. It's just who plays in the hole that's being debated.

43 minutes ago, City1884 said:

This^^^^

In fairness we basically play a 4-2-3-1 when attacking most of the time

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

In fairness we basically play a 4-2-3-1 when attacking most of the time

This is true. I didn't dare write this, myself, as people get confused (angry)and hung up on formations.

Theres really not much in 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. It depends on which transition or phase of play you are in, at any given time.

Archived