Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Haha really, we couldn't beat Arsenal when they where play 3 leftback as centre half. They were there for the taking but we couldn't defend long balls into the box.  

I will give you Liverpool...

I won't give him Liverpool.

If every result went to what was deserved we'd be W1 D0 L6 up to now.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

I wouldn't say its animosity in a literal sense. I just think people are starting to look past sentimentality and are now seeing a very limited manager who's

really struggling. 

As fans we went through this last year and the similarities between the situations mean theres just no patience left because we know where this rut leads.

Just read the threads. It's animosity

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

The plonker will still field 442 with a fully fit squad. He'd not be the first manager to have injuries, the skill is organising what you have into a system that works with what's available. He doesn't seem to know his arse from his elbow!

What bothers me is that Ranieri said himself, he asked the team whether they wanted to switch formation and they said no. Shakespeare hasn't got the balls to change it and is too close to the players. I think some of the players have too much say.

We really needed someone respected to come in and keep them on their toes. I bet Vardy, Morgan, Schmeichel, Fuchs could just not turn up to training for a whole week and still get in the starting 11. I like how Schmeichel's closest competition is being left in the u23s. Brilliant 2m spent. Is this really because of his ability or because he isnt one of the lads?

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

Oh, and it's not only Shakey by the way. Andy King, the loyal servant to Leicester City, who has never done anything other than try his best for the club, has become a figure of, almost, hate. It's as if all of our problems stem from that one man.

The forum is becoming an ever increasingly not nice place to be.

• Like 2

The extent to which people have turned against him is a little discomforting to be honest. Fair enough if you don't think he's the man to take us forwards - I know I don't. But directing personal insults/abuse towards someone who's been a big part of our biggest successes is bizarre. Is he out of his depth? Probably. Is he a fat useless tosser bringing disgrace to the club? Probably not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Oh, and it's not only Shakey by the way. Andy King, the loyal servant to Leicester City, who has never done anything other than try his best for the club, has become a figure of, almost, hate. It's as if all of our problems stem from that one man.

The forum is becoming an ever increasingly not nice place to be.

I wouldn't say hate towards King by any means it's just he is a limited footballer who if we aspire to be a top 10 side should be coming on to see a last 10 mins out at best.

The fact he is starting games shows how massively we messed up this transfer window.

Yes, Shakey has been unfortunate with injuries, but new signings are not fitting in or getting game time 

After 60-75 million on attackers we still have no guaranteed partner for Vardy.

I could go on with other glaring mistakes that the manager and the powers that be are missing,

I'm more concerned that the club is being ran incompetently by Rudkin and Neville.

Susan W,Top and Vichai are only seeing the £££ roll in, and still their lack football knowledge is being shown yet again.

They must see their £15+ million pound signings getting the bench warm and wonder what's happening.

1 minute ago, steflcfc said:

I wouldn't say hate towards King by any means it's just he is a limited footballer who if we aspire to be a top 10 side should be coming on to see a last 10 mins out at best.

The fact he is starting games shows how massively we messed up this transfer window.

Yes, Shakey has been unfortunate with injuries, but new signings are not fitting in or getting game time 

After 60-75 million on attackers we still have no guaranteed partner for Vardy.

I could go on with other glaring mistakes that the manager and the powers that be are missing,

I'm more concerned that the club is being ran incompetently by Rudkin and Neville.

Susan W,Top and Vichai are only seeing the £££ roll in, and still their lack football knowledge is being shown yet again.

They must see their £15+ million pound signings getting the bench warm and wonder what's happening.

Again. Read the threads. It's not far off hate now. Or so it seems.

Edited by Col city fan

I must have missed some of the hate towards him.

It shoudnt get to that stage from a player who has been with us through the extreme lows and extraordinary highs.

It's very rare to see a player like him to show loyalty like he has.

I for one don't have any hate towards him, just that he is a limited footballer, who whilst gives his all, just shouldn't be a starter if we are aspiring to be a top 10 side.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I thought you had already confirmed yourself as in the Shaky out brigade Col?

I said I'd been honest and was dead happy when we appointed him as permanent manager. 

Unfortunately it looks like he doesn't have it in his locker. I stil respect everything he's done for the club and if he gets the push will be sad for the bloke because it's likely he'll be gone from the club.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Loyal servant, just pretty poo at this level.

Not really fair, he's been good at times, and bad generally when the rest of the side is. Problem with him more is what does he bring? Tidy on the ball and never really misplaces a pass, but he's not a cambiasso who can ping a ball 70 yards straight into a players feet and open the play, he's a 10-15 yard passer who just keeps a side ticking and building, and what good is that surrounded by players who treat the ball like a hot potato? Used to make good ghosting runs into the box, but we're too direct for those to happen anymore. He's a player who lacks a clear role in this set up.

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Andy King is the type of person who, as a hard-working employee, fails to get some credit that he deserves in his trade.

Andy is now just always a second or two too slow, he can not really cut it at this level any longer, he is not bad as a utility player off the subs bench for the odd game but no way should he be playing regular football in our first team.

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I said I'd been honest and was dead happy when we appointed him as permanent manager. 

Unfortunately it looks like he doesn't have it in his locker. I stil respect everything he's done for the club and if he gets the push will be sad for the bloke because it's likely he'll be gone from the club.

Good summary. Exactly how I feel.

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Andy King is the type of person who, as a hard-working employee, fails to get some credit that he deserves in his trade.

Whilst your love fest of king is admirable I cannot help but think it's based on sentiment rather than fact

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I never wanted him to get the job. I just thought it was an ideal opportunity to get a new identity and cut the ties from the past and move the club on again. I feel we've took the safe option and tried to rediscover our title winning team by not changing too much. It was like saying the dog has died but no problem as we're still going to keep it.

Ideally I would have liked us to tell Shaky we're not going to trust giving him the job at his age with no experience but here's a £1m-£2m bonus for keeping us up and the next manager will be encouraged to keep you on as you aren't a threat to him.

Shaky done brilliantly at first and I might have given him the job if he had carried that form into the end of the season and he gave a brilliant presentation to the board on how he envisaged Leicester moving forward with what style of play he wanted and what players he was looking to bring in and ship out.

Our capitulation towards the end of last season and no personal identity really set the alarm bells ringing that this was probably textbook new manager bounce. In the Tottenham game he completely lost the plot and even I couldn't work out what formation we were supposed to be playing after his subs. It appeared he put on a few attacking players and hoped for the best.

Edited by Gerard

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I never wanted him to get the job. I just thought it was an ideal opportunity to get a new identity and cut the ties from the past and move the club on again. I feel we've took the safe option and tried to rediscover our title winning team by not changing too much. It was like saying the dog has died but no problem as we're still going to keep it.

Ideally I would have liked us to tell Shaky we're not going to trust giving him the job at his age with no experience but here's a £1m-£2m bonus for keeping us up and the next manager will encouraged to keep you on as you aren't a threat to him.

Shaky done brilliantly at first and I might have given him the job if he had carried that form into the end of the season and he gave a brilliant presentation to the board on how he envisaged Leicester moving forward with what style of play he wanted and what players he was looking to bring in and ship out.

Our capitulation towards the end of last season and no personal identity really set the alarm bells ringing that this was probably textbook new manager bounce. In the Tottenham game he completely lost the plot and even I couldn't work out what formation we were supposed to be playing after his subs. It appeared he put on a few attacking players and hoped for the best.

For those first few matches after he took over it really looked like our title winning team and mentality was still in there somewhere and Shakey had the secret to unlock it. Unfortunately as you say it appears to have been a false dawn and I think we need a fresh look at what can be done with our squad from an outsider.

Time to twist.