Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

League 1 & League 2 thread 2017/2018

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

All real fans and no plastics I hope!

You'd think so - their two grounds added together is 23k. Add in the Club Wembley mob and they've only managed to rustle up a few daytrippers between them.

Cov taking 37k tomorrow, very decent effort.

• Like 1

Nightmare for Shrewsbury. Top 2 for so long during the season, now lost the JPT final and the play off final. Manager linked with Ipswich and a few loanees who may not be coming back. Missed their chance big time after a great season.

32 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Gutted for Shrewsbury, Rotherham are such a nothing team to the championship

Just not enough money. It's the equivalent of Barnsley, Burton etc. These sort of teams try and stay in the second tier.

I'm pleased for Rotherham but with Shrewsbury not playing in the second tier for so long I'm disappointed for them. Big summer for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Coventry sold out their entire allocation tomorrow and had extra seats available to them, considering Exeter are a smaller club and probably won't sell-out their own.

For sure, a win for Coventry would be massive for them. Considering they haven't achieved much at all for 30/40 years. Reckon they'll win it.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Didn’t realise the Shrewsbury manager is a Rotherham legend from the Ronnie Moore team. Played 438 times for the Millers and worked there when he was retired for a few years 

Yeah it's a weird one because Hurst and Warne played in the same team for Rotherham. As did Daws who lost to Rotheram in the play off semis.

15 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Coventry sold out their entire allocation tomorrow and had extra seats available to them, considering Exeter are a smaller club and probably won't sell-out their own.

For sure, a win for Coventry would be massive for them. Considering they haven't achieved much at all for 30/40 years. Reckon they'll win it.

Apparently they're taking 40k (Plus maybe :dunno:).

My question is where have those extra 20k+ fans come from?

All clubs have hanger oners, who pick and choose when they go to game and that's fair enough, I don't wanna start a real v plastic debate, but 20k+ is a whole fansbase that picks and chooses when they want to support the club or not or when they want to go to games and jump on the bandwagon - especially when there is no excuse of not being able to get tickets, the opportunity for those 20k+ to go to games is there, they just don't take it.

SISU are the main problem with Coventry and I can't argue against that but their fanbase needs to take a good look at themselves and take some responsibilty for the mess they're in, their fans stopped going well before SISU got involved.

As for their excuses of not turning up as a boycott or protest against SISU...well, that falls flat on it's face when so many jump on the bandwagon.

The only thing I can say in their defence is they seem to be a club neutral's jump on, you know the plastic Man Utd and Scouse fans, e.t.c.

I know a couple of Man Utd 'fans' who jumped on them when they got to Wembley last season (I dare say they're doing the same today), a plastic Scouser who was crying on Saturday is at Wembley today from what I see on Facebook and I know of someone who can't decide whether he's a Man Utd, Leicester or Coventry fan (Seriously) who jumps on whichever one of the 3 are doing well at the particular time.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Apparently they're taking 40k (Plus maybe :dunno:).

My question is where have those extra 20k+ fans come from?

All clubs have hanger oners, who pick and choose when they go to game and that's fair enough, I don't wanna start a real v plastic debate, but 20k+ is a whole fansbase that picks and chooses when they want to support the club or not or when they want to go to games and jump on the bandwagon - especially when there is no excuse of not being able to get tickets, the opportunity for those 20k+ to go to games is there, they just don't take it.

SISU are the main problem with Coventry and I can't argue against that but their fanbase needs to take a good look at themselves and take some responsibilty for the mess they're in, their fans stopped going well before SISU got involved.

As for their excuses of not turning up as a boycott or protest against SISU...well, that falls flat on it's face when so many jump on the bandwagon.

The only thing I can say in their defence is they seem to be a club neutral's jump on, you know the plastic Man Utd fans, e.t.c, I know a couple of Man Utd fans who jumped on them when they got to Wembley last season (I dare say they're doing the same today) and I know of someone who can't decide whether he's a Man Utd, Leicester or Coventry fan (Seriously) who jumps on whichever one of the 3 are doing well at the particular time.

They don’t go to home games, that’s all. They sell out every away game. 

They’re in all three tiers at Wembley. Fair play.

as if there was any more reason to hate Coventry - Michael Doyle gets away with elbowing an Exeter player in the chest, right in front of the referee as well.

One of their players got banned for stamping on a County player in the semi finals as well. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

They don’t go to home games, that’s all. They sell out every away game. 

They’re in all three tiers at Wembley. Fair play.

They ain't been going to home games long before sisu though.

Got me thinking what would we average in league 2 17/18 thousand?

1 minute ago, tylesta said:

They ain't been going to home games long before sisu though.

Got me thinking what would we average in league 2 17/18 thousand?

Their “ground” is pretty shit. Highfield Road was class but, more importantly, actually in Coventry.