Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

What, our leading try scorer for the season?  

Is he ?  I thought our hooker had more tries in a lot less games

i don’t think his record of one try every three games is a great return for his position 

whenever I see him play I’m taken by his inability to do the basics effectively and efficiently 

On 14/05/2023 at 18:30, st albans fox said:

Is he ?  I thought our hooker had more tries in a lot less games

i don’t think his record of one try every three games is a great return for his position 

whenever I see him play I’m taken by his inability to do the basics effectively and efficiently 

Sorry, I missed this. You have to remember how Tigers play. We don't give our back a lot of the ball in an attacking sense, so those stats for a winger in a Tigers set up are pretty decent. As it happens it looks like he's moving back to Aus so he can play for the Aussie national side (another indicator of how highly rated he is). Shame. I like the guy, but also really liked the fact we had someone called Harry Potter playing for us! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard any more news on Watson about staying/going?

He's still listed along with all the new guys on official squad list but looking at the England W/Cup squad on Sky they have him as unattached where as all the others have their clubs in brackets ??

Well well well, looks like Watson has signed a ground breaking short term contract directly with the RFU  to cover him up to the end of the World Cup, he is then expected to re-join Tigers.
He had to be released at the end of the season due to salary constraints & there was talk of him going France/Japan but now with this interim contract & the early release of Potter going to Oz which has freed up funds potentially enabling Tigers to resign him after the WC.

• 3 weeks later...

Rugbys Slow death…

Its was great has we were top of the tree,and most likely one of the the best top 3 ran clubs in  the world,both onfield & off-field…

Before & after Bath & Wasps,Saracens  also became top clubs…Other clubs had carried the sport high on their shoulder for over 80+ years in the Amateur and into the proffesional world..

Difficult to explain to new or just  the occasional supporter..In those 80+yrs

,there was the „course rugby years“…plus top Amateur „ course rugby“ clubs,

who were ran like a Proffesional side,but still had a crazy mix of ideals.

Though we Tigers  were proudly the last club to carry the famous letters instead of Numbers on the back.

.Northampton,Harlequins Tigers,Coventry,Nottingham,Mosely,Gosforth,Gloucester plus others whose recruitment , training methods ..the cliques & their recruitment gathering ethics , were just has good ,if not better has some other

club teams in Profi Sport.

Like some of our famous Profi football players, some great Individual would run

out on the day 2 sheets to the wind,and produce their best ever to be reported games, then try it a few weeks later, they might tackle every fking tree on Richmond Park,but not the player.

The slow crossing over from „ course Rugby“ to a more proffesional approach but staying Amateur, took many decades..and like Football the pint stayed a loyal companion still for many a year. Though one could say that amateur-Profi line was drawn from Top junior clubs S.Leicester etc to Tigers ( & a few more) including the growing brand of athletes where you wanted selection or the 1st team…from within the club before the game not encouraged…

At home before, or 15 minutes after game, only after  beans & pie served,from wives & girlfriends ,the rivers parted & everything in the most decent of clubs,the beer ran like there was tomorrow,unless you had a trial or meeting the next day..then 3-5 were allowed.

Starting with 1 of  2 those most refreshing drinks Lager n lime, or ginger beer shandy….( Ginger beer with bitter) some might choose grapefruit(ade) with bitter.

And the clubhouse was used also with,without family & kids on Sunday, later came the Sunday roast . Occasionally charity games,with beer.
Middle of the week twice training,then other days debate or quiz-Nights & training the arm.

Getting back on track,no matter the rivalry we never wanted our opponents to get into financial or even player cache troubles. At one time many top midlands rivals.

or smaller ones, often good pre-season opponents.

I am worried that without recognition & action from Authorities Rugby Union top clubs league, will die quicker than we think…

Before Profi time many French clubs crashed or struggled, Irish refound themselves…Mining Wales/Scotland saw traditional names

struggle…but thankfully you couldn’t tie down that need of just wanting

to play the game from individuals.

In this proffesional era, where would all the W.Wide Profi Go. The up–and-comers & youngsters,not difficult they could return easily to their old work…or could they. The interfacing between sports is big,the fraternities massive,but no matter how big, it’s these sport interfaces that saved some youngsters from fatal/grim mistakes…

These are sometimes the natural uncontrollable circumstances…from a meltdown from the top.

sorry my normal educational English,might be even worse these last few days/ weeks, gone through a mix of operations and/or preventive “ maintainance” with accompanying even higher medication..

Wasnt too sure if it was me,but did we play last 3 games in fog..:blink:

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Rugbys Slow death…

Its was great has we were top of the tree,and most likely one of the the best top 3 ran clubs in  the world,both onfield & off-field…

Before & after Bath & Wasps,Saracens  also became top clubs…Other clubs had carried the sport high on their shoulder for over 80+ years in the Amateur and into the proffesional world..

Difficult to explain to new or just  the occasional supporter..In those 80+yrs

,there was the „course rugby years“…plus top Amateur „ course rugby“ clubs,

who were ran like a Proffesional side,but still had a crazy mix of ideals.

Though we Tigers  were proudly the last club to carry the famous letters instead of Numbers on the back.

.Northampton,Harlequins Tigers,Coventry,Nottingham,Mosely,Gosforth,Gloucester plus others whose recruitment , training methods ..the cliques & their recruitment gathering ethics , were just has good ,if not better has some other

club teams in Profi Sport.

Like some of our famous Profi football players, some great Individual would run

out on the day 2 sheets to the wind,and produce their best ever to be reported games, then try it a few weeks later, they might tackle every fking tree on Richmond Park,but not the player.

The slow crossing over from „ course Rugby“ to a more proffesional approach but staying Amateur, took many decades..and like Football the pint stayed a loyal companion still for many a year. Though one could say that amateur-Profi line was drawn from Top junior clubs S.Leicester etc to Tigers ( & a few more) including the growing brand of athletes where you wanted selection or the 1st team…from within the club before the game not encouraged…

At home before, or 15 minutes after game, only after  beans & pie served,from wives & girlfriends ,the rivers parted & everything in the most decent of clubs,the beer ran like there was tomorrow,unless you had a trial or meeting the next day..then 3-5 were allowed.

Starting with 1 of  2 those most refreshing drinks Lager n lime, or ginger beer shandy….( Ginger beer with bitter) some might choose grapefruit(ade) with bitter.

And the clubhouse was used also with,without family & kids on Sunday, later came the Sunday roast . Occasionally charity games,with beer.
Middle of the week twice training,then other days debate or quiz-Nights & training the arm.

Getting back on track,no matter the rivalry we never wanted our opponents to get into financial or even player cache troubles. At one time many top midlands rivals.

or smaller ones, often good pre-season opponents.

I am worried that without recognition & action from Authorities Rugby Union top clubs league, will die quicker than we think…

Before Profi time many French clubs crashed or struggled, Irish refound themselves…Mining Wales/Scotland saw traditional names

struggle…but thankfully you couldn’t tie down that need of just wanting

to play the game from individuals.

In this proffesional era, where would all the W.Wide Profi Go. The up–and-comers & youngsters,not difficult they could return easily to their old work…or could they. The interfacing between sports is big,the fraternities massive,but no matter how big, it’s these sport interfaces that saved some youngsters from fatal/grim mistakes…

These are sometimes the natural uncontrollable circumstances…from a meltdown from the top.

sorry my normal educational English,might be even worse these last few days/ weeks, gone through a mix of operations and/or preventive “ maintainance” with accompanying even higher medication..

Wasnt too sure if it was me,but did we play last 3 games in fog..:blink:

Rugby is doing well across the channel though. In fact you’d say it’s thriving in France, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa. It’s really England with the incompetent RFU and Premiership Rugby who have taken their eye off the ball. The Worcester story for example, let some cowboys buy the club then sold off parts of the stadium until they had nothing left. Disgusting. 

Another thing for rugby is that they always thought the up and coming countries would be USA, China etc. But it’s actually the Spanish speaking countries who have improved amazingly. Uruguay, Chile, Spain (and Portugal) are now competitive at the top level which 15 years ago would’ve been a dream. However because there’s no money in those countries, the powers aren’t interested. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Rugby is doing well across the channel though. In fact you’d say it’s thriving in France, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa. It’s really England with the incompetent RFU and Premiership Rugby who have taken their eye off the ball. The Worcester story for example, let some cowboys buy the club then sold off parts of the stadium until they had nothing left. Disgusting. 

Another thing for rugby is that they always thought the up and coming countries would be USA, China etc. But it’s actually the Spanish speaking countries who have improved amazingly. Uruguay, Chile, Spain (and Portugal) are now competitive at the top level which 15 years ago would’ve been a dream. However because there’s no money in those countries, the powers aren’t interested. 

Excellent points..

The English RFU started out well,with Professionalism..Then the older generation actually passed on.The new guys,like English businessmen & politically saw the Bakshish in their own eyes & on the table..The other Unions looked first towards their sport & organisation..There were & are decent people in the English RFU corridors & clubs, but the mouthy money people shout louder but have no plan other than to work the finance around..Lost use of funds.!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Cup has had more surprise results than I expected. 

Cov beat Sarries last week. 
Jersey won at the Rec and Ealing saw off Bristol. 

I don’t understand tho why the Championship clubs aren’t playing at home v Premiership

all the time. Be great occasions for them. As I am sure Tigers visiting Bedford will be 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...