Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

European school children (age 14 - 16) should have an obligatory school trip to one of the Polish Nazi death camps after watching selected episodes of World at War. These trips are far more important than skiing in the alps or a holiday in southern Ireland.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

European school children (age 14 - 16) should have an obligatory school trip to one of the Polish Nazi death camps after watching selected episodes of World at War. These trips are far more important than skiing in the alps or a holiday in southern Ireland.

Why is that an unpopular opinion? I think you'd literally have to be a Nazi to think that was a stupid idea.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Why is that an unpopular opinion? I think you'd literally have to be a Nazi to think that was a stupid idea.

Yet, they don't. So sadly not that popular.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Yet, they don't. So sadly not that popular.

It's not an "unpopular opinion" though is it? There are all sorts of reasons why schools can't/don't do trips to certain places. Very few people in Europe would actively disagree with the *idea* of everybody visiting Auschwitz once in their life though.

Edited by Voll Blau

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

It's not an "unpopular opinion" though is it? There are all sorts of reasons why schools can't/don't do trips to certain places. Very few people in Europe would actively disagree with the *idea* of everybody visiting Auschwitz once in their life though.

Not quite sure why we are disagreeing but it clearly is an unpopular opinion that all school children should have an obligatory trip otherwise it would be happening. The reasons are all surmountable it's simply a choice of priorities. My opinion refers to the action not the idea. I'd hope most Europeans would agree with the idea - though I'm not even as sure as you are that they would, otherwise parents would be taking their own children there rather than spain or France.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Not quite sure why we are disagreeing but it clearly is an unpopular opinion that all school children should have an obligatory trip otherwise it would be happening. The reasons are all surmountable it's simply a choice of priorities. My opinion refers to the action not the idea. I'd hope most Europeans would agree with the idea - though I'm not even as sure as you are that they would, otherwise parents would be taking their own children there rather than spain or France.

Like I say, it's not an unpopular opinion though is it? Most reasonable people would think what you're proposing is a good idea - even if it may be impractical for many schools (due affordability, timing of exams, whatever) at present. If it were obligatory then that implies they'd be receiving some sort of help to actually get the kids there, so would find it easier to do so and everyone would be on board.

If what you're saying is that a visit to Auschwitz should take priority over literally everything else in the schooling of 14 to 16-year-olds (though, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think that is what you're saying?), then yes - I guess that might qualify as an unpopular opinion though.

6 hours ago, SystonFox said:

It comes in a box for you to eat it out of. You leave the Big Mac in one side and pour the fries into the other. You’re a monster

Fine if you have a Big Mac or other big burger. But the cheeseburgers, wraps, and even double cheeseburgers only come in paper wrapping. No good for eating on your lap. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Fine if you have a Big Mac or other big burger. But the cheeseburgers, wraps, and even double cheeseburgers only come in paper wrapping. No good for eating on your lap. 

I’d say lack of mess wise, Maccies are probably front runners (I’m talking saver menu only so wrapped burgers, their specials and Big Macs etc are a nightmare to eat). You can quite comfortable sit and eat it without anything moving out of place, nothing really falls off them crumb-wise either so I see no need for a plate to eat them off. Just leave the wrapper on whilst you eat it, if you need to put it down temporarily wrap it back up. Sorted. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SystonFox said:

It comes in a box for you to eat it out of. You leave the Big Mac in one side and pour the fries into the other. You’re a monster

Where to put ketchup  for the chips? Force it into one corner and some chips get soaked in ketchup? Or if you put over top the chips it can get messy.  If you are a "clean" eater it matters. If you arent i agree with your comment lol

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Where to put ketchup  for the chips? Force it into one corner and some chips get soaked in ketchup? Or if you put over top the chips it can get messy.  If you are a "clean" eater it matters. If you arent i agree with your comment lol

You dip the chips in the little sauce pot you get from Mcdonalds ?

11 hours ago, FIF said:

Or the war cemeteries in Normandy.  I went one of the American ones when I was 12 or 13.  Hundreds of crosses wide. Miles long.

11 hours ago, FIF said:

Probably one of the few posts of yours I admit to agreeing to..

This suggestion would be beneficial in them thinking about life differently, away fro  the sun and beach etc.

Make them appreciate their everyday life and how fortunate the things they've got already in their lives that the poor innocent child death camp victims didn't have at all.

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Or the war cemeteries in Normandy.  I went one of the American ones when I was 12 or 13.  Hundreds of crosses wide. Miles long.

With all due respect to those who fell, I don't really think it has the same emotional resonance as a visit to a Nazi concentration camp.

6 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Aah yes I know what you mean. Yes that poses a real dilemma, even opening them is a feat never mind where to put it ?

Definite dilemma. Rip open the packet like a rookie and the ketchup will be all over the place. 

6 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Scum. Sub human scum

Doesnt sound like a good condiment for chips

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Never knew Canada was a third world country.

We sent garbage to the Philippines and they sent it back. Where you been? Lol

3 hours ago, Manini said:

#prayforcanada 

Merci beaucoups.