Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

39 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Alright if you want their sauce. I sometimes prefer brown or fruity sauce with my fries. 

Heathen! - Brown or fruity is reserved for bacon sarnies only. 

Mayo and Tomatoe ketchup for chips. Although the bbq or sweet chilli from Mac D's is pretty nice :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Buce said:

With all due respect to those who fell, I don't really think it has the same emotional resonance as a visit to a Nazi concentration camp.

Possibly not, I haven’t been, but it was up there with the killing fields in Cambodia for me personally.

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Possibly not, I haven’t been, but it was up there with the killing fields in Cambodia for me personally.

I get Cambodia, sure, but a military graveyard doesn't compare to somewhere where women and children were murdered with industrial efficiency.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I get Cambodia, sure, but a military graveyard doesn't compare to somewhere where women and children were murdered with industrial efficiency.

Different without a doubt. Both powerful reminders of the utter waste of human life we are capable of.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Alright if you want their sauce. I sometimes prefer brown or fruity sauce with my fries. 

Tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and bbq sauce = OK on chips. 

Brown sauce and fruity sauce = OK on sausages and bacon only. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Heathen! - Brown or fruity is reserved for bacon sarnies only. 

Mayo and Tomatoe ketchup for chips. Although the bbq or sweet chilli from Mac D's is pretty nice :D

Don't do the mayo but tomato ketchup for fish and chips is the best.

If this was a Nottingham thread somebody would be talking about gravy on chips. Yuk!

1 minute ago, The Fox Covert said:

If this was a Nottingham thread somebody would be talking about gravy on chips. Yuk!

The gravy that KFC do for their chips is fvcking awesome

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fox Covert said:

Nah.

If this was a Nottingham thread, all they'd be talking about is how many European Cups they've won.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

I am scared to admit it but gravy and vinegar on chips is delicious .. dont hate me :( 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I am scared to admit it but gravy and vinegar on chips is delicious .. dont hate me :( 

Gravy is the best on steak and kidney pud, preferably with chips.

Very hard to find a decent pud though. The dreadful tinned Goblin apology for a pud is a little bit better than going hungry, but only just. Sainsbury's do a nice one. It comes in a little plastic tub in a cardboard box. Nice and quite firm suet pastry.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 06:27, SystonFox said:

It comes in a box for you to eat it out of. You leave the Big Mac in one side and pour the fries into the other. You’re a monster

Absolutely. That's why the burgers come in a box. Ready made for main and side. It's obvious. 

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and bbq sauce = OK on chips. 

Brown sauce and fruity sauce = OK on sausages and bacon only. 

I love abit of HP on egg on toast!!! Sausage egg & chip with a bit of daddies ? sauce is incredible 

11 hours ago, stix said:

I love abit of HP on egg on toast!!! Sausage egg & chip with a bit of daddies ? sauce is incredible 

Do you remember the old bottles of Daddies sauce.There was a picture of some random blokes head on them ? Was that to represent someone’s dad or was it Mr Daddie himself?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Do you remember the old bottles of Daddies sauce.There was a picture of some random blokes head on them ? Was that to represent someone’s dad or was it Mr Daddie himself?

lol You mean this bloke?

I've no idea who he was and a quick Google search doesn't say. Now I'm really intrigued ;)

Image result for old daddies sauce

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

lol You mean this bloke?

I've no idea who he was and a quick Google search doesn't say. Now I'm really intrigued ;)

Image result for old daddies sauce

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Thanks Mr Google search expert :D

So his name is Mr Albert Randall but Google doesn't say who he is and why he's on the sauce bottle?

I'm obviously not using the correct search criteria am I :dunno:

34 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thanks Mr Google search expert :D

It's not quite as easy as you might think, is it? :)

34 minutes ago, Izzy said:

So his name is Mr Albert Randall but Google doesn't say who he is and why he's on the sauce bottle?

I'm obviously not using the correct search criteria am I :dunno:

No, but you can discount it being the inventor or early manufacturer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddies

• Like 1

The play-offs shouldn't be played at Wembley. It isn't the "best way to go up", you don't set out at the start of the season to finish fifth or sixth. It isn't a traditional final and the Wembley factor makes it bigger than it should be.

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Corky said:

The play-offs shouldn't be played at Wembley. It isn't the "best way to go up", you don't set out at the start of the season to finish fifth or sixth. It isn't a traditional final and the Wembley factor makes it bigger than it should be.

Newport v Tranmere today, any common sense and that's played somewhere like Villa Park.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Newport v Tranmere today, any common sense and that's played somewhere like Villa Park.

Or even play it over two legs at each side's ground. 

I suppose the "best way to go up" is the line that I couldn't understand. You're telling me that in 2013, with 68 points, sixth place after a terrible run but winning a couple of end-of-season games is a better way to get promoted than 2014 with 102 points, dominating the league after Christmas and winning the title by 9 points?