Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

7 hours ago, FIF said:

Thank Britain for the NHS and Education and surgeons and teachers that don't demand footballer's wages.

They can't because those wages are unsustainable when you look at the amount of revenue they generate.

So, if you ask for everyone to be paid Hundreds of thousands if not millions, that will cause inflation, the currency's value will take a nosedive and the economy will die (unless this is your motive all along? Lol)

And if you are asking for pro athletes to be paid the same as teachers and such, then the only ones you are servicing are the Team owners, Leagues, sponsorship companies... Etc and shoving more money down their pockets, which pretty much the "rich getting richer".

The morality of it is another matter. We are talking money.

Edited by the fox

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’d rather people didn’t choose medical surgery as a vocation for the money 

Medical staff are paid decently anyway. Increasing the wages further won't really improve quality of life or job satisfaction. What would make far more difference is investing that money into more staff and better equipment.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

The stone roses are extremely over rated and bucket hats are shit

Can’t stand how so many people claim to have been massive fans decades later.Yeah alright.They probably are a tad overrated to be honest,however Ian Brown has done   some great solo stuff.I saw him live in 2007 and he was excellent.

Edited by Heathrow fox
Spelling mistake

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Ian Brown can't sing to save his life. 

Nor can Iggy Pop, Shane McGowan or Rod Stewart. But they all got charisma, man.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Nor can Iggy Pop, Shane McGowan or Rod Stewart. But they all got charisma, man.

Nor Bob Dylan, in the traditional sense at least, still one of the greatest musicians of all time. 

Incidentally, I saw Ian Brown in London the other week but was too shy/scared to approach. 

On 10/04/2019 at 21:46, Buce said:

You're only saying that coz they're all ginger. :giggle:

They are all nuts...

but God do  I like Ginger nuts...and having a good dunk!!!

the Scots always love some one to blame....we English have been dunking them for a 1000 years,and too many go soft and fall into our cuppa,

so we have to spoon them out ,now and again!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Possibly unpopular opinion related to above:

I don't believe Donald Trump to be all that dangerous politically.

Some of the people around him and enabled by him are.

I think he's interested in his and his family's wealth and standing, whereas people like Bolton are ideologically motivated. I personally think that's quite a dangerous combination.

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think he's interested in his and his family's wealth and standing, whereas people like Bolton are ideologically motivated. I personally think that's quite a dangerous combination.

That's fair enough - I do think too many people focus on Trump and don't devote enough attention to some of those behind him who at best flirt with the idea of fascist aggressive nationalism and at worst actively embrace it.

Add Pence and Pompeo to that latter list too, among others.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

That's fair enough - I do think too many people focus on Trump and don't devote enough attention to some of those behind him who at best flirt with the idea of fascist aggressive nationalism and at worst actively embrace it.

I think that's probably his purpose.