Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Anyone who eats mayo with fries/chips needs to get out of this country and off to France. 

Funnily enough that's exactly what I'm doing tomorrow ? Only for the week though, unfortunately 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Funnily enough that's exactly what I'm doing tomorrow ? Only for the week though, unfortunately 

Surely you’ll be full long before the week is up? :huh:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Or even play it over two legs at each side's ground. 

I suppose the "best way to go up" is the line that I couldn't understand. You're telling me that in 2013, with 68 points, sixth place after a terrible run but winning a couple of end-of-season games is a better way to get promoted than 2014 with 102 points, dominating the league after Christmas and winning the title by 9 points?

Only if we'd played shit but scored a last minute winner after being dominated for the whole game.

Following the chat about HP sauce, mayonnaise etc. on chips, I have three words: Co-op mint sauce. It tastes great on not only lamb (which I refuse to eat), but also on virtually any savoury dish. I even have it (on its own) in sandwiches. Yum!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Following the chat about HP sauce, mayonnaise etc. on chips, I have three words: Co-op mint sauce. It tastes great on not only lamb (which I refuse to eat), but also on virtually any savoury dish. I even have it (on its own) in sandwiches. Yum!

My children eat mint jelly with every roast meat, can't imagine it in sandwiches though! 

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

You need putting down to be honest, you're disgusting.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Mint sauce on chips with gravy is yummy. 

13 hours ago, String fellow said:

That is abit weird mate to be fair. I don’t know if you’ve been violated by a leg of lamb previously, but it’s seriously delicious mate. You should definitely give it another go ??

How do you know that it tastes great on Lamb, if you refuse to eat it? 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I also have mint sauce with every roast meat dinner. It's also great on mash with sausages, or on cottage pie.

Yes, but you're from Wolverhampton.

2 hours ago, stix said:

Where are you from @The Bear?

Burton. 

The problem was, no-one in my mum or dad's family followed football (which is crazy when you consider they are from families of 6 and 8!), so I grew up loving footy but with no team to attach myself to. At this point Burton Albion were way low down in the non-league pyramid so I never even knew about them never mind considered them. One of my best mates at school was a big Wolves fan due to his family, and I started going with him and got into them that way. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

I’m saying nothing as I’ve been known to get the tartare sauce out a bit more often than I have fish and chips ?

Weirdly I think tartar sauce is ok. Probably because it's traditionally served with fish and chips. 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

A lot of chips chat but no mentions of curry sauce yet. The final boss of chip condiments.

Now we’re getting somewhere

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Weirdly I think tartar sauce is ok. Probably because it's traditionally served with fish and chips. 

Should have clarified it’s bloody good to dip your Yorkshire Puddings sometimes, and that definitely isn’t a euphemism ??

The reference to curry sauce on chips reminds me that tins of Heinz Curry Beanz seem to have disappeared from the shelves at the Co-op and Tesco. Am I looking in the wrong places, or have they stopped supplying them?

Btw, something else I like putting in sandwiches is apple chutney.

7 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The reference to curry sauce on chips reminds me that tins of Heinz Curry Beanz seem to have disappeared from the shelves at the Co-op and Tesco. Am I looking in the wrong places, or have they stopped supplying them?

Btw, something else I like putting in sandwiches is apple chutney.

I think you should start a new thread - Weird shit that I eat  lol