Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
20 hours ago, bovril said:

Suella Braverman is a ghoul but I've met plenty of 1st and 2nd generation immigrants born in England who see themselves as British not English, and telling a British Indian that "actually I think you'll find you are English" feels a little like Anglo arrogance to me. Also using football players as examples is a little stupid - Marc Guehi is not English, Russell Martin is not Scottish, as much as I'd like to banish him to the northern tip of the Isle of Lewis. 

The thing is though, the whole ethnonationalist argument is completely pointless and actually incoherent. By their definition, King Charles isn't English. Also, it's a position held by less than 15% of the population according to polling. 

Posted
21 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The thing is though, the whole ethnonationalist argument is completely pointless and actually incoherent. By their definition, King Charles isn't English. Also, it's a position held by less than 15% of the population according to polling. 

Yep, I have no idea why so many people cling to such a logically busted idea. 

 

Unfortunately, a lot of those same people appear perfectly able and willing to oppress, wound and sometimes kill at will in the name of that idea. And that makes it everyone's problem.

Posted
4 hours ago, Rubbersoul said:

How often do you actually hear people say something in an old TV show offended them?

Maybe if they'd watched an episode of "Love Thy Neighbour"? Hard to believe that was once a primetime sitcom...

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

The thing is though, the whole ethnonationalist argument is completely pointless and actually incoherent. By their definition, King Charles isn't English. Also, it's a position held by less than 15% of the population according to polling. 

I would describe King Charles III as British not English. 

 

Unfortunately the English gave up their nationhood long ago for the union and empire, so it matters little now. 

Edited by bovril
Posted
1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

They sold the royal mail now most of the workers are not british

What part of that is an opinion? Either that's a fact you can prove or it's untrue.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bovril said:

I would describe King Charles III as British not English. 

 

Unfortunately the English gave up their nationhood long ago for the union and empire, so it matters little now. 

Greco-german?

 

I mean, you could argue that the last truly English King was Harold Godwinson, to whom a large number of "proudly patriotic" people would probably ask, "who?"

 

After him it goes Franco-dane, sort of more leaning to France, then kind of few generations into a semblance of English, only for a Welshman to take the throne and his family only lasted a couple of generations before replaced by Scots, then a particularly nasty actual Englishman got rid of the monarchy altogether for a short time and then the Scots came back briefly before the Dutch, soon to be followed by some Germans who had a surname so German, that they were forced to change their name when they went to war with their cousins. Then a king flounced off with a yank to leave his Brummy betrothed brother to sit on the throne and his daughter married a Greek.

 

And that's your Royal Kings & Queens of England.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
Posted
6 hours ago, CornwallFox said:

Never seen it but I'm referring to this

 

 

Screenshot_20261005_155321_Chrome.jpg

'Winterval??? And if they think I'm calling it a SnowThem....FROTHING AT THE BIT!' 

Posted
On 04/10/2026 at 19:30, bovril said:

Suella Braverman is a ghoul but I've met plenty of 1st and 2nd generation immigrants born in England who see themselves as British not English, and telling a British Indian that "actually I think you'll find you are English" feels a little like Anglo arrogance to me. Also using football players as examples is a little stupid - Marc Guehi is not English, Russell Martin is not Scottish, as much as I'd like to banish him to the northern tip of the Isle of Lewis. 

Cruella is literally more British/English than Boris Johnson. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cruella is literally more British/English than Boris Johnson. 

Johnson's parents are British, Braverman's are Indian (I think). So, no, she's not. Not that it matters.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Johnson's parents are British, Braverman's are Indian (I think). So, no, she's not. Not that it matters.

According to Wikipedia her parents were born in Mauritius and Kenya and moved here in the 60s which means they were likely already British citizens before they left their home countries. She was still born here and he wasn't, so that makes her more British/English IMO. Not that it matters indeed - they're both reprehensible ****s and I would have removed their right to be here years ago if I had a choice. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

According to Wikipedia her parents were born in Mauritius and Kenya and moved here in the 60s which means they were likely already British citizens before they left their home countries. She was still born here and he wasn't, so that makes her more British/English IMO. Not that it matters indeed - they're both reprehensible ****s and I would have removed their right to be here years ago if I had a choice. 

You'd really think people in these countries would be more grateful we travelled around the world allowing millions of people to be British. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, bovril said:

You'd really think people in these countries would be more grateful we travelled around the world allowing millions of people to be British. 

I would quite happily back a 'one in one out' immigration policy if we could deport one of our biggest scumbags for every person that comes in

  • Like 1
Posted
6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I would quite happily back a 'one in one out' immigration policy if we could deport one of our biggest scumbags for every person that comes in

Faes out. Who's in?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...