Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away 1-1 post match

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Most concerning thing I've heard him come out with. That's extremely defeatist, very negative and totally contradicts this supposed ambition of his.

We're playing a side with a fraction of our budget and we'd have snapped the hand off for a point? Come on.....

It's quite clear what he was saying. The performance was so bad and so many players were off colour, that he'd have taken a point as at that moment it looked like there was only one outcome.

I'd have taken a point as well at that stage as we just hadn't got started at all and it looked a matter of time.

8 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

We got away with murder today.  Quite frankly we were shite.  I genuinely fear for us this season.  We are very poor, midfield is so very weak.  I am pleased we came away with a point but make no bones about it Huddersfield were robbed.  They had a perfectly good goal ruled offside. 

What is wrong I do not know why Iborra cant make the first team in our poor midfield I do not know?  Shakespeare needs to sort things out otherwise we will be in a relegation scrap this season.

Thought the goal was offside myself, his foot was beyond everything but Kings arm.

Iborra has been injured and isn't match fit, we're accused of being defensive and he's a DM. Had he come on I'm sure people would have moaned about shutting up shop.

Plus I just don't think he'll be all that from what I've seen. Not in our tactics.

Huddersfield pressed as well as anyone I've seen. They look like a team that'll finish 12th to 16th at worst, certainly not relegation candidates. They only got a point at home to us and if Vards had tapped that ball in then we'd have gotten 3 away points.

We didn't look good in the first half, we either needed a third midfielder or Danny Drinkwater's one touch masterclass back but we were the better team in the second half especially until Jamie was substituted - that was a strange move - and a draw was a fair result.

What's to feel bad about.

Played wank but still had arguably the two best chances of the game. 

As for our support? Absolutely awful and arrogant beyond belief. By all means have your opinion but whilst the game is in motion support the players. Add to that it appears at least 80% can't managed to do any chant what involves more than three lines. 

I had a cracking awayday but I can see myself having an argument with someone before long.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

And another thing, why the **** were people pretending their offside goal was onside?

Did anyone see the analysis on MOTD? I had to rewind it to see if I had seen it properly and I had. They actually put a line on there that showed their forward to be in an offside position and they used it as the evidence that he was onside lol I couldn't believe my eyes.

Yes just about to post the same thing, so I scrolled back to see if somebody had mentioned it.

These so called football pundits drive you mad, even Lineker said they was hard done by.

3 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Drink water was crap when he played for us according to half the people on here......

When some people get stood up by a stunning date they get all nasty and vicious.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Played wank but still had arguably the two best chances of the game. 

As for our support? Absolutely awful and arrogant beyond belief. By all means have your opinion but whilst the game is in motion support the players. Add to that it appears at least 80% can't managed to do any chant what involves more than three lines. 

I had a cracking awayday but I can see myself having an argument with someone before long.

I went for a leak just before the break, and was stunned by the number of people not watching the game, and showing no desire to do so. I know we were poor first half, but why spend all that money to do that? What bragging rights are there?

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I went for a leak just before the break, and was stunned by the number of people not watching the game, and showing no desire to do so. I know we were poor first half, but why spend all that money to do that? What bragging rights are there?

I watched a couple of Leicester fans nearly get wiped off their feet walking back to the station. Surrounded by Huddersfield, going on about winning the league like a pair of Forest fans and they had no idea about Huddersfields achievements in that regard.

As the chap behind went into a rage about Andy King, I felt like my hair was having a wash. On that note give Kingy some credit. Stood up in the second half. 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's really struggling this season. We've got to get another body in there without losing our attacking threat, this is why teams have attacking full backs but an exta man in the middle. We can only do that if we go 3-4-1-2 and have Albrighton at RWB and Fuchs or the erratic Chilwell LWB. Simpsons number is up for me if we want to progress. 

Agree with this 100%. In the great escape we played 442 against everyone, and lost, because we were overrun in midfield as everyone in the prem plays with 3 in the middle. We changed to 3412 and stayed up and played good football in the process.

We got away with 442 when we won the league as we had Kante who doubled up as two players so we were never overrun. As soon as he left we should have sacked 442 off, as we saw for the most part of last year, our midfield went back to being overrun. Shakey has been here for all of this, why he hasn't gone to 3 at the back is beyond me. Against Atletico last year at home, we went 3 at the back and went for it and almost pulled it off. With the players at our disposal i do think it is the best formation for us to go with to get the best out of them.

Also slightly worried how passive we've become. All our success in this league has come with us being aggressive and getting into people's faces and disrupting their play. We've stopped doing this, meaning teams have an easy ride against us. If we insist on 442 then lets play with some aggression and purpose, and leave nothing on the field, think we'd see an instant improvement.

After all that, a point away from home when we've played poorly is a bonus. 

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

He was offside for the goal and they Was offside in the build up, which wasn't given.

All about fine margins Fellanis goal against us was ruled onside when it wasn't theirs yesterday as alluded too by the motd panel should have stood.  If we had, had that chalked off we would all moan like feck.

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And I tell you what else - should we finish 8th, some utter dicks will start saying stuff like 'yeah but if we'd done this that and the other, then we'd be top 6/5/4/champions - Shakey out'.

Never ever listen to someone who 'yeah buts' you - that's my mantra.

Yeah but, we will never be 8th

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

And another thing, why the **** were people pretending their offside goal was onside?

Did anyone see the analysis on MOTD? I had to rewind it to see if I had seen it properly and I had. They actually put a line on there that showed their forward to be in an offside position and they used it as the evidence that he was onside lol I couldn't believe my eyes.

Yep, screen with line showing foot is offside. Comments "they were hard done by there". What?

17 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

All about fine margins Fellanis goal against us was ruled onside when it wasn't theirs yesterday as alluded too by the motd panel should have stood.  If we had, had that chalked off we would all moan like feck.

The commentator was saying it was fine margins but offside is offside sometimes it goes for you sometimes it don't it's all down to the standard of officiating on the day normally

Overall a poor City performance. We knew before that the Terriers would play like terriers. For all their first half dominance they didn't really hurt us. Their early goal ,2nd half, was a surprise. KS will be disappointed conceding from distance, twice in a week. It was the wake up call we needed and ,bizarrely after the poor first half,we could have won had JV not missed the open goal and DG not tumbled with the push but gone on to beat the keeper. Like Shakey I would have settled for a draw after that poor first half.

17 hours ago, lnkstern said:

This game is about... tactics, luck, and taking chances.

1.  Tactics questionable.  Check.

2.  Luck.  Unlucky, check

3.  Taking chances.  Did not, check.

Chill!!!!

1. Definitely questionable today.

2. We were lucky, not unlucky. They had a goal incorrectly ruled offside and created some very good chances that should of put them ahead.

3. We had one great chance, the Vardy miss. Apart from the we squandered our chances by diving when through on goal or Slimani skying his shot.

Overall, the season so far has been as expected. But today was awful, especially the first half. We were lucky to get a point and we need to improve on that performance. 

14 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

1. Definitely questionable today.

2. We were lucky, not unlucky. They had a goal incorrectly ruled offside and created some very good chances that should of put them ahead.

3. We had one great chance, the Vardy miss. Apart from the we squandered our chances by diving when through on goal or Slimani skying his shot.

Overall, the season so far has been as expected. But today was awful, especially the first half. We were lucky to get a point and we need to improve on that performance. 

Fake news.

18 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Scraped an away draw against an up and coming dynamic side with a great team spirit and well-loved and tactically-adept manager.

All without trying to fix our glaring creative midfield problem. Result!

Oh, yeah. try to big up Huddersfield in an attempt to make us look better. They are a championship side and the sad truth is we are no longer any better. 

**** me..... people really questioning Those who are unhappy....

****ing pathetic performance once again.... last season we were playing champions league football, this season we should be happy getting a point off "dynamic Huddersfield".... a point against them for a team with our apparent ambition is ****ing unacceptable. 

Yet again we concede possession far too easily, yet again we looks lifeless, idealess lacking in quality and finesse....it's possibly the most depressing thing I've seen, our submission to the top of the table has been embarrassing, and the best excuse we can muster is, "well they're a decent side" they might be... but so are Southampton, Everton, West Ham, West Brom and Burnley... so implying that logic as long as we put a bit of effort in and have to odd missed chance you lot would be happy dropping points? 

The club is sleepwalking into danger yet again... and yet again we've missed a golden opportunity to walk amongst giants... we should have been ambitious and target a top manager.... Craig will not last the season, and if he does will be an arse twitching finale as we're fighting for survival along with the mighty Palace, Brighton and co....

The most frustrating thing is, we have the players... this current squad is as strong as ever, which begs the question why are we so poor? Answer is the man at the top,  I'm sorry Craig, you're the weakest link. 

Archived