Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away 1-1 post match

We got away with murder today.  Quite frankly we were shite.  I genuinely fear for us this season.  We are very poor, midfield is so very weak.  I am pleased we came away with a point but make no bones about it Huddersfield were robbed.  They had a perfectly good goal ruled offside. 

What is wrong I do not know why Iborra cant make the first team in our poor midfield I do not know?  Shakespeare needs to sort things out otherwise we will be in a relegation scrap this season.

Pissed off.

The fact i'm also pissed up has made me slightly more happy and less ranty (it can go either way).

Right, so we play well but throw it away and lose to Arsenal - I was impressed, despite fuming we threw it away, we 'expected' to lose and we played well so there were plenty of positives to take from it.

We beat Brighton - they were shocking and no disrespect to Brighton but we should be beating them. Positives to take - we won.

Man Utd, I honestly didn't think we were that bad, another day we'd have got a draw - we were far from and never going to win, to win you need to attack, we didn't attack.

Chelsea, the first time this season i've been majorly annoyed, Mahrez ruined my weekend (petty or not it's true). That said again we played ok, we could have got a draw.

Today, pathetic, its one thing trying to take positives out of playing well and losing to the big boys but not playing well and getting hammered in all the stats to a team (again like Brighton) no disrespect you should be beating, not that i'm one for looking at stats, its what you do with limited stats is my view but when you do **** all with limited stats is when question need answering.

As for Vardy for Slimani again. :S

Craig, I want you to do well, I really do, but buck your ideas up and learn, learn quick. Please.

6 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

“If you’d have offered me a point at half time, I’d have snapped your hand off,” reflected Shakespeare after the final whistle. “In the first half performance, we were second best. You have to give credit to the home team for the way they applied themselves.

“We had quite a few players off the pace today but ultimately when you assess it as a manager, we’ve played a lot better than that this season and got nothing, so to get a point, I have to be relieved and pleased.

“In terms of us, we will review what we did this week and you have to do that within football.

"You have to pay a lot of credit to Huddersfield today. You can see their momentum and what they’re about. They’ll be disappointed they didn’t get three points but I thought my players showed a lot of resilience and character straight after we conceded. I think it was really important that we responded quickly to their goal, which we did.

“From that point on, we did have a few chances and it was a more competitive performance so I have to be pleased with a point.”

https://www.lcfc.com/news/474601/shakespeare-relieved-and-pleased

Most concerning thing I've heard him come out with. That's extremely defeatist, very negative and totally contradicts this supposed ambition of his.

We're playing a side with a fraction of our budget and we'd have snapped the hand off for a point? Come on.....

37 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Most concerning thing I've heard him come out with. That's extremely defeatist, very negative and totally contradicts this supposed ambition of his.

We're playing a side with a fraction of our budget and we'd have snapped the hand off for a point? Come on.....

Money isnt everything.. Look at us in our title side..

To be fair .. did you watch the game? (not being condescending here) but 1st half was a horrible display. We WERE outplayed.. And like i have said in previous posts, Huddersfield were playing on great momentum and on the back of a loss to West Ham... They were up for this and were playing at home. it was never going to be an easy game. At half time i think alot of LCFC fans (along with Shakey) would have been happy to accept a draw  and come away with+1 point.

Thankfully we managed to turn it around aBIT in the 2nd half and after a scarey start and going 0-1 we were able to respond very well to match to up the score. 

I took from his after match report, that he realised we were playing below parr and that was something that needs to be sorted .. and the optimistic part of me HOPES that he will change things on Tuesday or Saturday? .. 

52 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Money isnt everything.. Look at us in our title side..

To be fair .. did you watch the game? (not being condescending here) but 1st half was a horrible display. We WERE outplayed.. And like i have said in previous posts, Huddersfield were playing on great momentum and on the back of a loss to West Ham... They were up for this and were playing at home. it was never going to be an easy game. At half time i think alot of LCFC fans (along with Shakey) would have been happy to accept a draw  and come away with+1 point.

Thankfully we managed to turn it around aBIT in the 2nd half and after a scarey start and going 0-1 we were able to respond very well to match to up the score. 

I took from his after match report, that he realised we were playing below parr and that was something that needs to be sorted .. and the optimistic part of me HOPES that he will change things on Tuesday or Saturday? .. 

We should not be happy to draw with these. You can't give pre-season talk about being ambitious and then accept drawing with Huddersfield. You have to win these games. They're like what we used to be before, a tidy side but one that at our best we should be capable of beating - that we'd be happy to draw with them is a sign of our regression as much as anything.

Yes I did watch it. First half was an absolute disgrace, I'd go as far as saying it's one of the worst halves I've ever seen from Leicester at this level. The inability to find a black shirt, the total lack of spark, lack of energy, you name it, it was just embarrassing.

But to say he'd "snap your hand off" for it to end in a draw is just negative. What happened to that side that beat Liverpool 3-1? Where's the attitude from that game gone?

I've given him a lot of the benefit of the doubt but I was concerned by that earlier. We were playing a side that we should be capable of beating and we were lucky to draw. That we've had to resort to that isn't good enough and it should never have been allowed to happen.

And another thing, why the **** were people pretending their offside goal was onside?

Did anyone see the analysis on MOTD? I had to rewind it to see if I had seen it properly and I had. They actually put a line on there that showed their forward to be in an offside position and they used it as the evidence that he was onside lol I couldn't believe my eyes.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

And another thing, why the **** were people pretending their offside goal was onside?

Did anyone see the analysis on MOTD? I had to rewind it to see if I had seen it properly and I had. They actually put a line on there that showed their forward to be in an offside position and they used it as the evidence that he was onside lol I couldn't believe my eyes.

Now that I agree with.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

We should not be happy to draw with these. You can't give pre-season talk about being ambitious and then accept drawing with Huddersfield. You have to win these games. They're like what we used to be before, a tidy side but one that at our best we should be capable of beating - that we'd be happy to draw with them is a sign of our regression as much as anything.

Yes I did watch it. First half was an absolute disgrace, I'd go as far as saying it's one of the worst halves I've ever seen from Leicester at this level. The inability to find a black shirt, the total lack of spark, lack of energy, you name it, it was just embarrassing.

But to say he'd "snap your hand off" for it to end in a draw is just negative. What happened to that side that beat Liverpool 3-1? Where's the attitude from that game gone?

I've given him a lot of the benefit of the doubt but I was concerned by that earlier. We were playing a side that we should be capable of beating and we were lucky to draw. That we've had to resort to that isn't good enough and it should never have been allowed to happen.

I totally agree 'on paper' we should not be happy with a draw... 0-2 to us without a shadow of a doubt. But you have to look back and i know its prob not a great comparison but  our title winning season ... what do you think Man u's, Liverpool's, Man citys forums were spouting about us... MUST WIN .. they little Leicester!!! Its the same ... we out played them in those gamesand won and its the same today, they outplayed us BUT we got a draw. Did we deserve it .. probably not, but football at the end of the day is about results and not what who deserves what. (Liverpool and Spurs dropping point today against swansea and burnley- who'd have bet on that)

Regarding the preseason talk, i am 100% Shakey ment exactly what he said, ambition atc etc.. but in pre season we had Drinky, we didnt have Nacho with a broken bloody toe nail, Iborra was fit and Huthy had an injury that was recovering better than expected. Different story when season started :(

If you had to be honest Dan would you (after seeing the 1st half) have thought to yourself at half time i will be happy to get a draw here .. i know i bloody would... (maybe even comment that id snap there hand off) 

At the start of the season Huddersfield were one of the faves for relegeation, were we not the same 

in  2015/16? (not 100% here) BUT its not all about ££££ and stats etc..

6 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

We got away with murder today.  Quite frankly we were shite.  I genuinely fear for us this season.  We are very poor, midfield is so very weak.  I am pleased we came away with a point but make no bones about it Huddersfield were robbed.  They had a perfectly good goal ruled offside. 

What is wrong I do not know why Iborra cant make the first team in our poor midfield I do not know?  Shakespeare needs to sort things out otherwise we will be in a relegation scrap this season.

He was offside for the goal and they Was offside in the build up, which wasn't given.

Didn't see the whole game, saw a lot of circles whizzing around my screen so just stopped.

Huddersfield and Wagner are both decent at their jobs,

To put another slant on this, they were playing against a Team in their eyes who recently won the league.

So they were up for it at the start, they were also really unlucky to lose to West Ham and Wagner said out right he was not happy.

We need to go back to the drawing board and stop harping on about 2016, that was then and this is the now.

I think we got away with one yesterday, and at half time I would also have taken a point.

Ps: Where's Claudio when we're looking to blame someone. ( Sorry I forgot, we still have King )

I have to giggle at some of the comments regarding shaky.

We weren't good enough on the day and it was our worst performance (definitely first half) this season.

Shaky says in his interview- We were poor first half and we had an honest chat at halftime. He goes on to say when 3/4 players aren't 'at it' you're always going to struggle ( I could name 7).

When asked the question, (that's the important point) QUESTION..

he honestly and absolutely fvcking correctly said yes he would of accepted a point at halftime.

He didn't say that to the ****ing team at halftime you absolute cretins.

If any of you wouldn't of said the same, you either weren't watching the game or a bare faced liar...

As regards to this self entitled bull sh1t that a lot of our fan base has succumbed to. ' But it's Huddersfield, a newly promoted team, we should roll these over'

Absolute bollocks. They're a good team, anybody can see that.

We all know how the midfield has been hampered through James being injured along with Iborra, the sale of Drinkwater and the ridiculous loan of Mendy , all topped off with the calamity of the silva saga.

And yet foxestalk cant see why we  are struggling in midfield and blames shaky.

He takes a point away from home with a severely weakened side with 2 mainstays of his defence missing, a weakened midfield, and a striker making his full debut, and gets slated.

the mind boggles.

Find some perspective ffs

That really was awful. If we came away from that on the receiving end of a 3-0 loss, I would have had no complaints. Dreadful.

Got to get it sorted Shakey, we're better than that.

Cracking atmosphere from Huddersfield though, I was racking my brains to try and think of a louder one I've experienced. Didn't help that our end was absolute shite. I dont understand why some fans would go all that way and not have a singalong, but we've got plenty who don't. Sounded better over on the left side, but nothing going on over on the right at all.

14 hours ago, the fox said:

He is our best striker, no doubt about that, but this is more than "giving him some slack", he only had to tap it in.

My point is, some posters here are so outraged when I (and other posters) give some players a pass (they run as fast as they can just to call you a fanboy) for them just to turn around and do the same thing. 

:nigel:

But you give them a pass based on their nationality. It's a bit different 

Archived