Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away 1-1 post match

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Played wank but still had arguably the two best chances of the game. 

As for our support? Absolutely awful and arrogant beyond belief. By all means have your opinion but whilst the game is in motion support the players. Add to that it appears at least 80% can't managed to do any chant what involves more than three lines. 

I had a cracking awayday but I can see myself having an argument with someone before long.

What happened for you to think you'll end up in an argument?

I thought our support was poor - Huddersfield outsung us all game - but I think when we aren't playing well a lot of frustration comes out. The guy behind me was calling players "dicks" etc whenever a pass went astray or whatever, something I'd never personally do, but can see why it happens as it is very frustrating watching us sometimes - especially yesterday because we were largely shit.

As for chanting and singing, I've come to expect it now. We have little pockets doing their own thing. I said it in the Maguire chant thread but a small group sing a new song cannot expect everybody else to know the lyrics yet started singing it as soon as the players came out. At one point I was singing one song and people to the right of me were singing another.

(PS I'm not having a pop or anything, I largely agree with you, just seeking a different view).

As an away day though, always love Huddersfield. Was in the pub pre match, watching the Palace game, sat on a table with Huddersfield fans. Was a great atmosphere in there.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Oh, yeah. try to big up Huddersfield in an attempt to make us look better. They are a championship side and the sad truth is we are no longer any better. 

Well, I'm not disagreeing based on that performance. They are a very decent newly promoted team. So a draw is fair I guess...

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I thought our support was poor - Huddersfield outsung us all game - but I think when we aren't playing well a lot of frustration comes out. The guy behind me was calling players "dicks" etc whenever a pass went astray or whatever, something I'd never personally do, but can see why it happens as it is very frustrating watching us sometimes - especially yesterday because we were largely shit.

As for chanting and singing, I've come to expect it now. We have little pockets doing their own thing. I said it in the Maguire chant thread but a small group sing a new song cannot expect everybody else to know the lyrics yet started singing it as soon as the players came out. At one point I was singing one song and people to the right of me were singing another.

(PS I'm not having a pop or anything, I largely agree with you, just seeking a different view).

As an away day though, always love Huddersfield. Was in the pub pre match, watching the Palace game, sat on a table with Huddersfield fans. Was a great atmosphere in there.

I heard the word 'useless' a lot. I guess people turn up and vent their life in their own way.

9 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I totally agree 'on paper' we should not be happy with a draw... 0-2 to us without a shadow of a doubt. But you have to look back and i know its prob not a great comparison but  our title winning season ... what do you think Man u's, Liverpool's, Man citys forums were spouting about us... MUST WIN .. they little Leicester!!! Its the same ... we out played them in those gamesand won and its the same today, they outplayed us BUT we got a draw. Did we deserve it .. probably not, but football at the end of the day is about results and not what who deserves what. (Liverpool and Spurs dropping point today against swansea and burnley- who'd have bet on that)

Regarding the preseason talk, i am 100% Shakey ment exactly what he said, ambition atc etc.. but in pre season we had Drinky, we didnt have Nacho with a broken bloody toe nail, Iborra was fit and Huthy had an injury that was recovering better than expected. Different story when season started :(

If you had to be honest Dan would you (after seeing the 1st half) have thought to yourself at half time i will be happy to get a draw here .. i know i bloody would... (maybe even comment that id snap there hand off) 

At the start of the season Huddersfield were one of the faves for relegeation, were we not the same 

in  2015/16? (not 100% here) BUT its not all about ££££ and stats etc..

Personally at half time I'd have said we've gotten away with it, we've rode the wave and now we can go and beat them seeing as the score is still level.

If we were losing at half time, I would've agreed to an extent, but at 0-0? You talk about the title winning year but I doubt that would've been the attitude at 0-0 that time around even if we had been second best.

I said pre-season I think Huddersfield will stay up, I stand by that on our day we should be capable of beating them.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Played wank but still had arguably the two best chances of the game. 

As for our support? Absolutely awful and arrogant beyond belief. By all means have your opinion but whilst the game is in motion support the players. Add to that it appears at least 80% can't managed to do any chant what involves more than three lines. 

I had a cracking awayday but I can see myself having an argument with someone before long.

Snap. Was embarrassing how loud and supportive their fans were while ours just stood there barely making a peep. Now in this thread I have probably had that same arrogance although it personally didn't stop me supporting them.

A real shame after our first few aways which were decent.

3 hours ago, Callabinho said:

**** me..... people really questioning Those who are unhappy....

****ing pathetic performance once again.... last season we were playing champions league football, this season we should be happy getting a point off "dynamic Huddersfield".... a point against them for a team with our apparent ambition is ****ing unacceptable. 

Yet again we concede possession far too easily, yet again we looks lifeless, idealess lacking in quality and finesse....it's possibly the most depressing thing I've seen, our submission to the top of the table has been embarrassing, and the best excuse we can muster is, "well they're a decent side" they might be... but so are Southampton, Everton, West Ham, West Brom and Burnley... so implying that logic as long as we put a bit of effort in and have to odd missed chance you lot would be happy dropping points? 

The club is sleepwalking into danger yet again... and yet again we've missed a golden opportunity to walk amongst giants... we should have been ambitious and target a top manager.... Craig will not last the season, and if he does will be an arse twitching finale as we're fighting for survival along with the mighty Palace, Brighton and co....

The most frustrating thing is, we have the players... this current squad is as strong as ever, which begs the question why are we so poor? Answer is the man at the top,  I'm sorry Craig, you're the weakest link. 

Tnis top post

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Much like yourself having someone behind who continually bad mouth the players on the pitch. Now what made this different was the bloke behind me completely and utterly lost it with the players. Screaming stuff like 'you are stealing a living' over and over again. To the point where I could feel the actual spit what left his mouth and hitting me on the back of my head. Did I hear him say a thing when King won that penalty ? Never. 

I sat down in the pub after the game and thought that fella has literally spent his Saturday afternoon more angry at anything else happening in his life right now. What a life, what a bloody life 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Gonna have to disagree here regards 'cannot expect everyone else to know the lyrics'. In an era before the internet, chants would start and grow. Lyrics would be learnt in the stadium. It was hardly a hard chant to pick up. 

The only chant what seemingly gets sang by everyone is 'go wild' and 'everywhere we go'. It's just odd I think. Even something as historical and traditional as 'when you've smiling' isn't sang in good numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Gonna have to disagree here regards 'cannot expect everyone else to know the lyrics'. In an era before the internet, chants would start and grow. Lyrics would be learnt in the stadium. It was hardly a hard chant to pick up. 

The only chant what seemingly gets sang by everyone is 'go wild' and 'everywhere we go'. It's just odd I think. Even something as historical and traditional as 'when you've smiling' isn't sang in good numbers. 

Oh I agree RE simple chants. I don't like 'go wild', 'everywhere we go' or that one we got from Palace.

Didn't hear Roberts song yesterday at all, people usually join in with that but I don't think we sing about old players enough. Cult heroes i.e. Lineker should be sung imo. United still sing Best, Cantona etc, Liverpool Dalglish, Gerard. 

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Much like yourself having someone behind who continually bad mouth the players on the pitch. Now what made this different was the bloke behind me completely and utterly lost it with the players. Screaming stuff like 'you are stealing a living' over and over again. To the point where I could feel the actual spit what left his mouth and hitting me on the back of my head. Did I hear him say a thing when King won that penalty ? Never. 

I sat down in the pub after the game and thought that fella has literally spent his Saturday afternoon more angry at anything else happening in his life right now. What a life, what a bloody life 

Totally unsupportive fans are the bane of attending matches, for me. We all get frustrated and annoyed during games but those who just seem to hate being there, and don't change no matter what the score or situation is, are just wretched.

As a kid I would sing my heart out to every song! Now when I go to watch the City I don't sing often at all, I much prefer watching the game and talking about the game with my old man! I'm sure people find this a bit strange but there are very few decent chants and most peter out after a couple of cycles. 

On the note of people slagging the players off, I'm sure a good number of people who watch us regularly still don't have a clue about football other than the rules and that who scores the most goals wins! The amount of times you hear something and think 'what the f*** is he/she talking about?'. 

35 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

As a kid I would sing my heart out to every song! Now when I go to watch the City I don't sing often at all, I much prefer watching the game and talking about the game with my old man! I'm sure people find this a bit strange but there are very few decent chants and most peter out after a couple of cycles. 

On the note of people slagging the players off, I'm sure a good number of people who watch us regularly still don't have a clue about football other than the rules and that who scores the most goals wins! The amount of times you hear something and think 'what the f*** is he/she talking about?'. 

Not one bit.

Every game i go to i sit listening to the commentary on the radio and taking with the people around me. Course, I cheer and wot-not but I have no interest in singing. People have no place to judge me for doing it either so I'm happy to tell people what my match day experience is.

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

But you give them a pass based on their nationality. It's a bit different 

Did I give gray a pass because of his nationality? 

This forum has different standards for different players. for example:

vardy and albrighton are the least criticized players on here, they can ghost past a game and it would be OK. The standard is set so low for them. 

And then you have gray and mahrez, the opposite of vardy and albrighton, an 8/10 performance is considered decent, any shortcomings from them and they will get slated and get branded as lazy and unprofessional. Every game for them is "do or die", they are the 2 with the highest standards on this forum, people here expect a winger in a 4-4-2 to put the team on his back while having to defend, create, get the ball upfield and score.

20 minutes ago, the fox said:

Did I give gray a pass because of his nationality? 

This forum has different standards for different players. for example:

vardy and albrighton are the least criticized players on here, they can ghost past a game and it would be OK. The standard is set so low for them. 

And then you have gray and mahrez, the opposite of vardy and albrighton, an 8/10 performance is considered decent, any shortcomings from them and they will get slated and get branded as lazy and unprofessional. Every game for them is "do or die", they are the 2 with the highest standards on this forum, people here expect a winger in a 4-4-2 to put the team on his back while having to defend, create, get the ball upfield and score.

Talking out of your backside again. Albrighton had months of people berating him on here and Vardy was heavily criticised at the start of last season and has been a few times since he's been here. Some even wanting him sold to West Brom for a pittance. You just see what you wanna see to fit your agenda. It's boring!

4 hours ago, Aeropars said:

Not one bit.

Every game i go to i sit listening to the commentary on the radio and taking with the people around me. Course, I cheer and wot-not but I have no interest in singing. People have no place to judge me for doing it either so I'm happy to tell people what my match day experience is.

Yeah exactly mate. I too don't sit there like a mute but I don't chant for the sake of chanting. 

Anyway, let's test some players out midweek in a testing game before Saturday. 

I'm surprised how many people are happy with a draw. We've won 1 game out of 5 and if this club has any ambition (especially considering where it was 2 years ago) then we need to be demanding victories against newly promoted clubs.

That's not a disrespect to Huddersfield who are clearly no mugs but in our 4th Premier League season and with the size of our support comparatively we should be quite a bit further along than they are. That's regardless of the fact we won the league and got loads of champions league money. When in fact, yesterday I found myself saying at half time 'we should be pressing high and playing with tempo....like Huddersfield'.

And then I thought - 'like Huddersfield? We were doing that 2 years ago, everyone wanted to emulate us, what has happened?'. When we were taking throw ins in our own half they were pushing onto us and marking our men so that we had to throw it long and make it a 50/50. We used to do that. Towards the end Gray was praised by Birtles for closing their man down and making them take a throw in in their own half. Yeh that was all well and good - so why then did everyone jog into their own half and let them take the throw in so easily?!

We were an absolute disgrace yesterday, not one aspect of that performance was acceptable. There was no pressing, no tempo whatsoever, no intensity, no quality in possession, and no effort frankly. The players looked like they didn't care one bit. Part of me thinks they need someone to come in and give them a right good kick up the backside. Some of them are too comfortable with their contracts and place in the team. We were walking for most of that match and had settled for a draw long before the final whistle.

We knew we'd be weak with King in a 2 man midfield but the very least we could do is try and compete. We were desperately lucky to come away with a draw and all the result does is paper over the cracks with some people, though for me that's a pretty poor result.

As for the poster towards the start of this thread that said 'win your home games, draw your away games, you'll do alright' - well that is total rubbish. I absolutely hate that saying. First of all we've already lost 2 away and 1 at home so we need to make up the points for those games. You're never going to win every home game and you're likely to lose some away so that ridiculous hypothetical points return is not going to be at all relevant to anyone. And 2 away losses and 2 wins gives you more points than 4 draws anyway. Stupid cliches like this need to get in the bin.

Terriers fan here again! 

I can't provide a first hand view of the match because I was unable to attend at the last minute due to my wife breaking her foot around lunch time! Nightmare! First home game I've missed in many a year! 

Therefore my opinion's merely based on TV and club highlights and conversations with some mates who were there. From our point of view it seems that we played pretty well, which was welcome after a below par performance at West Ham last Monday evening. I must admit I feared the worst when I heard Mounie wasn't in the starting line up because both Sabiri and Depoitre hadn't started for us in a competitive game, I need not have worried by the sounds because it seems both gave a good account of themselves. Mooy had his usual solid game and we seemed to cope with the threat of Vardy's pace pretty well. * Is he always such a mardy shite when he scores? I'm sure he mouthed f...off to our keeper after he scored, grabbed out of the net the ball and kept it like a spoilt kid.

As for the game generally, it looked as though we could have conceded a goal or two (as usual) and conspired to miss a few chances ourselves, but that's us I'm afraid. We're all hoping there's enough poor teams to ensure survival and allow Herr Wagner to build further.  

I hope you all had a good day and hopefully we'll see you here again next season

AceT (HTAFC) 

Two separate articles in the Mercury today mention the stick King is getting in social media and how wrong it is ...   for so many reasons ...    I wonder where they are reading this ??    He has been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves better ...   I agree with them 100%.  

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Two separate articles in the Mercury today mention the stick King is getting in social media and how wrong it is ...   for so many reasons ...    I wonder where they are reading this ??    He has been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves better ...   I agree with them 100%.  

He takes absolute pelters on Twitter and Facebook

16 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here again! 

I can't provide a first hand view of the match because I was unable to attend at the last minute due to my wife breaking her foot around lunch time! Nightmare! First home game I've missed in many a year! 

Therefore my opinion's merely based on TV and club highlights and conversations with some mates who were there. From our point of view it seems that we played pretty well, which was welcome after a below par performance at West Ham last Monday evening. I must admit I feared the worst when I heard Mounie wasn't in the starting line up because both Sabiri and Depoitre hadn't started for us in a competitive game, I need not have worried by the sounds because it seems both gave a good account of themselves. Mooy had his usual solid game and we seemed to cope with the threat of Vardy's pace pretty well. * Is he always such a mardy shite when he scores? I'm sure he mouthed f...off to our keeper after he scored, grabbed out of the net the ball and kept it like a spoilt kid.

As for the game generally, it looked as though we could have conceded a goal or two (as usual) and conspired to miss a few chances ourselves, but that's us I'm afraid. We're all hoping there's enough poor teams to ensure survival and allow Herr Wagner to build further.  

I hope you all had a good day and hopefully we'll see you here again next season

AceT (HTAFC) 

You played well and if you had won, it wouldn't have been undeserved. I think you'll stay in the PL this season. That said we were really poor, especially in the midfield, and the next game against you, with hopefully the full squad and another set-up, will be a whole other story.

44 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here again! 

AceT (HTAFC) 

You were fine. My only worry would be that you had ample of the ball but really didn't create anything clear cut. We barely at it and had two great chances. 

On 16/09/2017 at 19:14, st albans fox said:

Did he ?

he said to tanner after the game that given the way the first half had gone he would have taken a point at half time - not necessarily the same thing and doubtful he would have told the players that. 

There's a clear quote saying he told players at half time "if they offered us a point now I would take it" my shite phone won't let me let me post links but it's clear he said that. Unbelievable attitude, not how do we win 2nf half with the score at 0-0 but let's take a point and go home we've been shite. Awful attitude if that's the coach then we are trouble.Fuming when I read that. Fair enough if we were 2 or 3 down take a point but it was level for **** sake!!

Poor performance and could have easily lost the game! which is widely being called 'lacklustre' . a lack of energy by the team particularly in the first half!. we need to start upping our game and fast!

Skakey clearly doesn't know his best team or formation!

Archived