Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away 1-1 post match

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I think we have to bear in mind that Huddersfield on paper are the worser (is that a word?) side. 

However there momentum to the start of the season has been incredible and they were playing us at home on the back of a loss in mid week, so they were totally up for it.  It was always going to be a tuff game! 

Huddersfield will struggle away, but will do well at home. They will comfortably stay up. 

Why is everyone pinning all their hopes on Iborra as the player to cure our ills in midfield? He's clearly struggling to get fit and once he is fit, he's got to come up to speed with the pace of the Premiership.

What are people basing their level of optimism on? I've asked this question before.

Regarding Ndidi, relying on a 20 yr old to be our ever-present central midfielder and to expect him to perform well in every game is just, frankly, ridiculous.

He needs to develop and to be playing alongside at least one very very good CM at this level to help him progress.

I don't know what the club are doing at the moment. Selling Drinkwater, given what we've got, is looking like madness. 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why is everyone pinning all their hopes on Iborra as the player to cure our ills in midfield? He's clearly struggling to get fit and once he is fit, he's got to come up to speed with the pace of the Premiership.

What are people basing their level of optimism on? I've asked this question before.

Regarding Ndidi, relying on a 20 yr old to be our ever-present central midfielder and to expect him to perform well in every game is just, frankly, ridiculous.

He needs to develop and to be playing alongside at least one very very good CM at this level to help him progress.

I don't know what the club are doing at the moment. Selling Drinkwater, given what we've got, is looking like madness. 

Not everyone, I have serious doubts. People must be watching something different to me in the friendly games, he looked average. But he's the only option we have so I'm praying he's the answer.

CS has been let down badly by the club.

Just now, Babylon said:

Not everyone, I have serious doubts. People must be watching something different to me in the friendly games, he looked average. But he's the only option we have so I'm praying he's the answer.

CS has been let down badly by the club.

Yes he has but he's now got to make do and fight for his future as a manager. Starting with sorting out a very mediocre midfield. Only way to do that is stop playing 4-4-2 and being horribly over ran. His churlish response that we weren't over ran today was Pearsonesque and shows a stubbornness I fear will always make him reactive rather than proactive.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes he has but he's now got to make do and fight for his future as a manager. Starting with sorting out a very mediocre midfield. Only way to do that is stop playing 4-4-2 and being horribly over ran. His churlish response that we weren't over ran today was Pearsonesque and shows a stubbornness I fear will always make him reactive rather than proactive.

Depends on context and I've not heard the interview. But they didn't create a huge amount, overrun in that respect would be wrong. 

Not happy. Stayed till the end, didn't bother waiting for the players to come over but did hear a bit of disgruntlement which I'm not surprised about.

Huddersfield were better, especially first half. Mooy controlled everything first half hour. To concede so quickly is always horrid, Maguire looked slow as fvck. Good response though and no surprise when we actually ran forward we won a penalty.

Dunno about the Gray situation at the end. Looked like he dived imo but talking to a Huddersfield fan after the game he said he thought it was a pen.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Depends on context and I've not heard the interview. But they didn't create a huge amount, overrun in that respect would be wrong. 

1st half Mooy had his dressing gown and slippers on and was taking the piss. We couldn't get out our own half for much of it. I know our style of play is to resist the ball until necessary and even when we're ticking over nicely and winning games we still can appear to ride our luck but we show no signs of a willingness to change. It bothers me

“If you’d have offered me a point at half time, I’d have snapped your hand off,” reflected Shakespeare after the final whistle. “In the first half performance, we were second best. You have to give credit to the home team for the way they applied themselves.

“We had quite a few players off the pace today but ultimately when you assess it as a manager, we’ve played a lot better than that this season and got nothing, so to get a point, I have to be relieved and pleased.

“In terms of us, we will review what we did this week and you have to do that within football.

"You have to pay a lot of credit to Huddersfield today. You can see their momentum and what they’re about. They’ll be disappointed they didn’t get three points but I thought my players showed a lot of resilience and character straight after we conceded. I think it was really important that we responded quickly to their goal, which we did.

“From that point on, we did have a few chances and it was a more competitive performance so I have to be pleased with a point.”

https://www.lcfc.com/news/474601/shakespeare-relieved-and-pleased

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not happy. Stayed till the end, didn't bother waiting for the players to come over but did hear a bit of disgruntlement which I'm not surprised about.

Huddersfield were better, especially first half. Mooy controlled everything first half hour. To concede so quickly is always horrid, Maguire looked slow as fvck. Good response though and no surprise when we actually ran forward we won a penalty.

Dunno about the Gray situation at the end. Looked like he dived imo but talking to a Huddersfield fan after the game he said he thought it was a pen.

There was a nudge but would have been harsh, he ought to have shot first time which is something he's often very keen to do. Shame

Some people want to see Nacho/Vardy partnership and I would like to but we have to come up with different formation to

fill the gap between MF and FW for that to work with currently available MFs.

With 442, we can expect that type of performance as we know well from last season and our title winning season.

I like Craig but what he did when he was appointed was just going back to 15/16 like 442 with N'didi in for Kante..

This season, since the Arsenal game, clubs seem to have figured out how to play against us except newly promoted side Brighton.

442 may still work but I hope Craig address the issue..

3 hours ago, Benguin said:

You'd have taken a draw off a newly promoted side? What?

Really difficult watch. No quality today and some really wasteful play. Very lucky not to lose.

We have to remember we are a target right now. We are no longer the underdog club who can steel ourselves and surprise. Better teams respect us and lesser teams get up for us. We are a scalp and a threat. 'Rock and a hard place' times. Uncharted territory. Just need patience to work out how we deal with it. 

2 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Ok.  This is not a stretch.  Some of you are as bad as American Green Bay football supporters.

just look it up!

Why thank you kind sir. Maybe not everyone on here but inside the ground usually feels like this.

Jump to Fan base - The Packers have an exceptionally loyal fan base. ... game played inGreen Bay has been sold out since 1960

Although I have a funny feeling this is not what you meant.

Maybe:-

bleacherreport.com › articles › 1401096-...
AMP - 18 Dec 2012 - The Green Bay Packersand their fans simply know how to enjoy their ... We start them young, and they reward us with 

We got what we deserved. Very poor first half, much better second. Would have been unkind if vardy had connected for the win.

A point away from home is a good result, 4 out of 6 against any but the top 6 is our goal.

2 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

We have to remember we are a target right now. We are no longer the underdog club who can steel ourselves and surprise. Better teams respect us and lesser teams get up for us. We are a scalp and a threat. 'Rock and a hard place' times. Uncharted territory. Just need patience to work out how we deal with it. 

Great Post - cant plus rep you ... do i have a daily quota ????? 

Think i used most on @Babylon today 

9 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

Some people want to see Nacho/Vardy partnership and I would like to but we have to come up with different formation to

fill the gap between MF and FW for that to work with currently available MFs.

With 442, we can expect that type of performance as we know well from last season and our title winning season.

I like Craig but what he did when he was appointed was just going back to 15/16 like 442 with N'didi in for Kante..

This season, since the Arsenal game, clubs seem to have figured out how to play against us except newly promoted side Brighton.

442 may still work but I hope Craig address the issue..

3-4-1-2 is the way to go.

Dragovic, Maguire, Morgan or Huth. Fuchs and Albrighton as wingbacks, Ndidi and Iborra or hopefully Silva, Mahrez or Gray with Iheanacho and Vardy up top. If and when we play dominant teams then the number 10 of Mahrez or Gray is replaced by Iborra or another defensive midfielder. But that's far to obvious and not in any way worth a try by Craig.

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Reading between the lines with Shakey's words about Drinky, I don't think keeping him was ever an option. This wasn't like Mahrez who wanted to continue to play, this was a player who had made it clear he was going to leave and I guess this gave us the option of selling or keeping a player that wasn't likely to play for us (that thigh injury would've no doubt persisted.) The well documented fcuk up was defo the Silva transfer which should've been completed irrespective of the Drinky deal. Looking at the style of player he is, Iborra has a big job ahead of him if he's the answer. Our 442 had been successful at the top level when we had a top top player in our ranks (Cambiasso and Kante) with an able assistant (james and Drinky respectively.) Like you I can't help feeling we have a lot of able assistants but no head honcho in the centre. 

9 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Reading between the lines with Shakey's words about Drinky, I don't think keeping him was ever an option. This wasn't like Mahrez who wanted to continue to play, this was a player who had made it clear he was going to leave and I guess this gave us the option of selling or keeping a player that wasn't likely to play for us (that thigh injury would've no doubt persisted.) The well documented fcuk up was defo the Silva transfer which should've been completed irrespective of the Drinky deal. Looking at the style of player he is, Iborra has a big job ahead of him if he's the answer. Our 442 had been successful at the top level when we had a top top player in our ranks (Cambiasso and Kante) with an able assistant (james and Drinky respectively.) Like you I can't help feeling we have a lot of able assistants but no head honcho in the centre. 

With Cambiasso it only worked 352.

I thought Iborra was pretty good pre season. No panic yet...

2 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

With Cambiasso it only worked 352.

I thought Iborra was pretty good pre season. No panic yet...

Unless i was dreaming he played in the U23's other night and did a good job. Not that its any reflection to PL games but still he surely is worth a punt over King (not that i dont like King, but he isnt what he used to be) 

Archived