Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Regardless of the manager, we have the 7th best side in the division and should be finishing no lower than 8th, let's not pull any punches. Everton may get their shit together and sign a striker and inject pace to their side but right now we're ahead of them. Watford and Burnley have been excellent and are where they are on merit, but I reckon we'll reign them in over time.

But the prediction was made with shakespeare in charge.

This would have meant either a) poster believed shakespeare could achieve top 8 which was at best extremely unlikely

Or b) that he would have performed badly enough to get sacked, at which point we would hire a good choice of manager who would recover the situation.

Both seem unlikely.

The man utd example isnt particularly relevant.

• Like 2

I thought we'd get top 8 before the season and I've never really altered my view on that. I just think we'll pick up more points now.

I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of sheer guff that's in the Premier League.

The top 6 will finish way above 7th who will finish about 5 points clear of 8th who will be at the top of the chasing pack. The gap between 8th and 17th won't be more than 10 points.

41 minutes ago, Donut said:

This would have meant either a) poster believed shakespeare could achieve top 8 which was at best extremely unlikely

Or b) that he would have performed badly enough to get sacked, at which point we would hire a good choice of manager who would recover the situation.

Both seem unlikely.

When the op made this prediction I agreed with him because of the quality of our squad and the inevitability of Shakespeare getting sacked pretty quickly and replaced with a proper manager.

I agree that Shakespeare achieving top 8 was never looking likely.

Him getting sacked and replaced by someone who would help this squad fulfil its potential I had every faith would happen with alacrity

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Both seem unlikely.

In the interest of being consistent I fully agreed with @FIF at the time as well. It's not that ridiculous to have thought Shakespeare would have got the boot if we weren't performing and we do have a decent squad. And to give Shakey his dues, based on the form from when he stepped in during February, it wasn't inconceivable that he'd oversee more decent form from us himself.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Obviously :thumbup:

I trust that for balance & consistency's sake, every time our boys are NOT in the top 8, you'll point it out from now on.

I don't need to. you and other miserable posters do that.

Not sure why you feel the need to be so negative everywhere replying to other people's posts. Wouldn't you rather give your own ideas and not touch the reply button to just be a "nasty" poster?

Just now, FIF said:

I don't need to. you and other miserable posters do that.

Not sure why you feel the need to be so negative everywhere replying to other people's posts. Wouldn't you rather give your own ideas and not touch the reply button to just be a "nasty" poster?

Yes, I'm so nasty. All the time. You got me.

Look more carefully, then you'll find plenty of evidence to the contrary, I agree with others plenty, and anyone who has dealt with me personally or has shared conversation with me will know differently. However, self-aggrandizing posters are annoying (and not just to me, I am fairly sure). So forgive me ribbing you (because that's all it is).

You are essentially posting saying 'notice me, notice me'. So at least I noticed, right?

8th is best of the rest (if you include Everton).

Come the end of the season, I'm sure there will only be 5-6 points difference between 7th and 10th.  So anywhere around there really.

A cup run for me and in Europe again next season. I'd love that.

but well done for keeping the faith!

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, I'm so nasty. All the time. You got me.

Look more carefully, then you'll find plenty of evidence to the contrary, I agree with others plenty, and anyone who has dealt with me personally or has shared conversation with me will know differently. However, self-aggrandizing posters are annoying (and not just to me, I am fairly sure). So forgive me ribbing you (because that's all it is).

You are essentially posting saying 'notice me, notice me'. So at least I noticed, right?

The thing is you are more annoying than the people that you attack for being annoying and so negative. Still enough of that at least you're a City supporter, this is supposed to be the optilmistic, happy thread.

Onwards and upwards. We're on for middle to high 50's points at the moment, maybe we can challenge the top 6.

Just now, FIF said:

The thing is you are more annoying than the people that you attack for being annoying and so negative. Still enough of that at least you're a City supporter, this is supposed to be the optilmistic, happy thread.

Onwards and upwards. We're on for middle to high 50's points at the moment, maybe we can challenge the top 6.

To you, perhaps. And, if you can find me attacking people, please point it out.  Given some of the aggression other people use, you'd have to be very over-sensitive to consider anything I say as an attack. Please, look around, I've posted plenty of positive this morning alone. 

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

To you, perhaps. And, if you can find me attacking people, please point it out.  Given some of the aggression other people use, you'd have to be very over-sensitive to consider anything I say as an attack. Please, look around, I've posted plenty of positive this morning alone. 

Probably best that you two agree to disagree! I'm pretty sure that none of us are whiter than white in all of the comments we post on here.

We are all City supporters but opinions of fans will always differ which makes for some good debate on this forum.

Up the City! Let's keep this run going and see where it takes us. :scarf:

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Probably best that you two agree to disagree! I'm pretty sure that none of us are whiter than white in all of the comments we post on here.

We are all City supporters but opinions of fans will always differ which makes for some good debate on this forum.

Up the City! Let's keep this run going and see where it takes us. :scarf:

I have no problem with FIF's opinions! I just don't like self-promotion - it's that simple.

Top of the teams outside the 'big six' who, lets face it will probably pull away from the rest of the league.

Its a shame that from the earlier games of the season we haven't picked up two extra wins really, but I'm a big believer in karma and hope we can get some great results later in the season to show for some rather unfortunate results.

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Indeed!

Personally I think people need to take a lead out of my book, as I never self-promote.....

:thumbup:

"Me, me, me. It's all about ME!"

Anyway, enough about me...

"What do you think about me?"

:D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Indeed!

Personally I think people need to take a lead out of my book, as I never self-promote.....

:thumbup:

I guess the biggest difference is that I'm right. :P