Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

On 17/09/2017 at 10:58, Callabinho said:

HAHAH, star raving mad.. I'm afraid it's the bottom 8 for us... unless we book Shakespeare he's not a PL manager and that is already evident... we should not be happy with a draw against Huddersfield... 

On 17/09/2017 at 12:16, lgfualol said:

Cant see anything other than a relegation battle. Depends if Silva does come in before Jan and Iborra fits well.

Going off yesterday's performance I get the feeling it will be a long season and it will end in tears like with RanRan

On 18/09/2017 at 16:49, Royston. said:

Bottom 8 more likely

On 19/09/2017 at 09:33, suffolk fox said:

bottom 8 yes, relegation scrap maybe.

On 19/09/2017 at 09:55, Kitchandro said:

Not mad, just wrong.

On 19/09/2017 at 23:09, tsintskaro said:

no chance

12/13/14  here u go

On 23/09/2017 at 19:53, Carl the Llama said:

FIF you're fvcking bonkers.  We'll be lucky to make the top 10 at this rate (I know I know "it was Liverpool" but we really should be taking points from matches like that to be a top 10 side, especially at home)

On 24/09/2017 at 18:46, Livid said:

Not going to happen i’m afraid.

On 01/10/2017 at 18:30, SuperMike said:

Top eight ? :D:rolleyes::D:blink::D:D:D

Bonkers!

Last time I visited this thread was on page 1 and these were some responses that followed lol

Maybe you'll be owing an apology to @FIF

Not to mention @Kitchandro thinking Huddersfield would finish above us as well...

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We're in the top half by 6 points and the chasing  teams only have  3 games left so the top half seems secure now. 

Newcastle and Brighton are on 34 games still.

Although Brighton have quite the fixtures working against them.

Even West Ham, Swansea and Huddersfield (highly unlikely with their remaining fixtures) could theoretically get past us - if they win all of their remaining fixtures and we continue to let it slide.

Right now, we're looking at 10th spot.

Edited by MC Prussian

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Newcastle and Brighton are on 34 games still.

Although Brighton have quite the fixtures working against them.

Even West Ham, Swansea and Huddersfield (highly unlikely with their remaining fixtures) could theoretically get past us - if they win all of their remaining fixtures and we continue to let it slide.

Right now, we're looking at 10th spot.

I was just thinking of Bournemouth and Watford tbh as teams in the bottom half who could get in to the top half. Who have played 35 each. 

Brighton and West ham won't make up a 8 or 9 gap with their remaining games. 

I've not looked at Everton and Newcastle fixtures but I'm not sure it matters too much where we finish out of 8th, 9th or 10th. 

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Last time I visited this thread was on page 1 and these were some responses that followed lol

Not to mention @Kitchandro thinking Huddersfield would finish above us as well...

Depends whether you think the significant changes in staff and playing style contributed to the change in fortunes since page 1.

20 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

So disappointing

We are going backwards. Puel doesn't seem to have the ability to work with what he's got

Burnley deserve to be where they are but surely we should be better than Everton Newcastle rec

Our form is bottom 3

Such an odd statement ...... over how many games?  plenty of tables have been posted on here recently that show on any measure, our form is outside the bottom three. 

oh, and Burnley plainly don’t deserve to be where they are - they have been efficient but lucky this season.  if Burnley deserve to be 7th then we deserve to be 9th. I think that’s 9 places above bottom three .....

Edited by st albans fox

41 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

So disappointing

We are going backwards. Puel doesn't seem to have the ability to work with what he's got

Burnley deserve to be where they are but surely we should be better than Everton Newcastle rec

Our form is bottom 3

At the end of the day, after 38 games you are where you deserve to be unless you are Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

Form means absolutely nothing when the final League Table is compiled.

• Like 2

If the lads don’t pull their thumbs out their arses and start playing and scoring like we all know they can then we could drop to 10th or even lower, whatever’s going on at City they need to sort this out as we were looking at a top 7-8 finish now we could be a top 10 finish CP needs to sort this out in the final few games give the lads a kick up the arse stop thinking about the beach and do what they and us know what they can produce !!

FFS COME ON LEICESTER SORT YOUR ? OUT !!

5 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

If the lads don’t pull their thumbs out their arses and start playing and scoring like we all know they can then we could drop to 10th or even lower, whatever’s going on at City they need to sort this out as we were looking at a top 7-8 finish now we could be a top 10 finish CP needs to sort this out in the final few games give the lads a kick up the arse stop thinking about the beach and do what they and us know what they can produce !!

FFS COME ON LEICESTER SORT YOUR ? OUT !!

But we'll be 10th.

And for that we ought to be thankful.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Tbf I genuinely believed we were going to be in a relegation scrap under Shakespeare. 

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Finishing 10th would be a 4 place improvement under Puel's reign. Is that really such a big deal given that Shakespeare had the mother of all fixtures to start the season?

Seeing as he's done it whilst giving Simpson the freedom to try and be a marauding RB, its a fuching miracle

• Haha 1

Sorry but with our squad, transfer budget, both Shakespeare and Puel JH have under achieved.

We are sixth in transfer spend over the last 3 years. 

Although football isn't played on a spreadsheet, the managers have been given the resources to achieve! 

For both managers results have been patchy and performance have been dreadful at times.

Edited by coolhandfox
Typo
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sorry but with our squad, transfer budget, both Shakespeare and Puel JH have under achieved.

We are sixth in transfer spend over the last 3 years. 

Although football isn't played on a spreadsheet, the managers have been given the resources to achieve! 

For both managers results have been patchy and performance have been dreadful at times.

What do you exactly mean? Where do you think this team should be? In the top 6?

I have not seen City at home this season, thankfully. After the initial 'new manager bounce' back in November / December the team appear to be playing without any passion or belief, something that I've rarely seen in a Leicester side since the David Pleat era. The games I have seen were at Huddersfield and Everton, both dreadful performances, one under Shakespeare and one Puel. What is clear is that tens of millions have been wasted in the transfer market. Someone at the club must be accountable, surely? After the failure of Mendy, Musa and Slimani to then repeat the mistake with Nacho, Silva and Iborra beggars belief (about 120 million for that lot!). I dread to think who might arrive over the summer but, as with Maguire and Ndidi - do your background research / scouting properly and there are some gems out there that needn't involve the handing over of a small fortune. I do, however, accept that our owners have fairly bottomless pockets so should perhaps just let them get on with it!

On the assumption, Rudkin does not identify the incoming players, the scouting, and recruitment teams/staff, need binning off immediately, this before they create any more damage to the Club in the next window.  Finding 'Ndidi' does not vindicate this shower from the preceding list of screw-ups. 

If Puel was responsible for bringing Diabate, then his record 'aint shabby thus far.  So I am personally quite hopeful he may improve things if Rudders performs.

Yes, Diabete certainly belongs in that rare category, at least post 2015, of being 'excellent value for money', with a strong chance of that value actually increasing! Let's hope he starts against Palace, where I hope City show some grit and character and don't hand the points over as if they're already on the beach. 

• Like 1