Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

55 minutes ago, FIF said:

You sometimes talk absolute crap.

I don't give a shit who is our manager, owner, bootboy or which players we sign or sell in January. We still should finish in the top 8. Do you actually read what I write or are the words too long to understand?

Next you'll be unable to say because of a signing we do or don't make or a sale we do or don't have or a loan in January. Or it'll be an injury that someone picks up.

We've both followed football for a long time and know all the possible changes during a season, still we all have an idea of where we think our team will finish right from the pre-season. 

There's no need to be offensive FIF. I stand by what I said. For me, the season really started with the Everton game and the new boss.

There's no need for the anger simply because I have a different point of view

• Haha 1

I don't see why we can't finish top 8. Outside the top 6, most teams are pretty weak. The likes of WBA, Southampton and stoke haven't progressed and I feel we still have some of the best players outside the top 6. Kasper, Maguire, mahrez and vardy are some of the best players in their positions outside the top 6. Add in the youth of Chilwell, Gray and ndidi and then a decent centre mid in silva joining in Jan, and we have a decent squad. When we can have Iheanacho, Slimani and Okazaki sat on the bench it shows our strength. Most teams outside the top 6 don't have 1 decent striker and we have 4. I've always thought that if we can get a manager who can get the best out of our players then we will have a very strong team. Unfortunately Shakey didn't seem to have a plan and didn't seem to be able to get the best out of certain players. 

This season is still far, far away from its end. How people jump from we're in relegation battle to we're going to finish in top 7-8 after two wins, based on nothing but wild guesses or think we were always in the top 8 challenge relying on nothing but blind faith, is pretty amusing.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't always like what FIF posts, but why are some people getting at him?

Band waggon I guess..

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pretty sad that someone gets flamed for being optimistic.

quite...

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

There's no need to be offensive FIF. I stand by what I said. For me, the season really started with the Everton game and the new boss.

There's no need for the anger simply because I have a different point of view

WTF?!! I'm on the phone right now asking the FA why so many other teams have more points than us then

Will revert back asap

• Haha 1

I'd say we definitely have a chance now we have someone who seems like they are going to try and get the best out of the squad available and not just select a default XI every week.

Now watch Puel pick the same team every week and go on an awful run of form haha.

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd say we definitely have a chance now we have someone who seems like they are going to try and get the best out of the squad available and not just select a default XI every week.

Now watch Puel pick the same team every week and go on an awful run of form haha.

Looking forward to the team sheet Saturday . But we won the league with a settled side lol

• Like 1

Just now, waylander said:

Looking forward to the team sheet Saturday . But we won the league with a settled side lol

Haha we did indeed, we were winning most weeks and nobody seemed to know how to crack us.

People then got wise to our one tactic, we lost the one player that made it work as well as it did, then we stuck with a more defensive version of it for 18(roughly) months.

• 1 month later...

Imo we'll finish between 8th - 12th. Our away form will let us down we have won 1 this season and only won 2 last season. I know we've had tough away games this season but I think we were negative with Shakey - Huddersfield and bournemouth. Stoke and west ham were winable games. We will see with newcastle and southampton coming up. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I see that we're all getting overly optimistic, so now I'm the pessimist? 

Where's that Col guy?

Was provoking online scraps what got you banned before FIF?

It seems you can't stop...

Ive made my position clear.  It was impossible to tell where we'd finish under the previous manager. We looked more like bottom 8 than top 8.

Puel has come in, we look different so there's more optimism.

On Wednesday, November 01, 2017 at 22:28, ZeGuy said:

This season is still far, far away from its end. How people jump from we're in relegation battle to we're going to finish in top 7-8 after two wins, based on nothing but wild guesses or think we were always in the top 8 challenge relying on nothing but blind faith, is pretty amusing.

Being a foxes  fan..is the Backbone strength of having blind faith...

but have the wit to have them rolling in the aisles, with amusing anecdotes....

Lets face it, most guys on here get 2 smiles from  their advances,they reckon they are the chat up kings....

It gets worse in sport....:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donut said:

This thread started with a prediction of finishing top 8 with shakespeare in charge.

That was bonkers.

Now Puel is in charge its a realistic aim.

It predicted we'd finish top 8. I didn't know which players would leave or arrive nor the manager. I was still certain we were good enough for top 8.