Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Last time I visited this thread was on page 1 and these were some responses that followed lol

Maybe you'll be owing an apology to @FIF

Not to mention @Kitchandro thinking Huddersfield would finish above us as well...

Like hell.

This "prediction" was made while Shakespeare still was in charge, the football we played was a horrid shower of shit and we headed slowly but surely to the Championship. Things looked bad and no one had the slightest clue about what was going to happen aside from a probable manager change.

This includes the original poster who at that time simply shot in the dark and hit the target by nothing else than experience luck, resurrrected his own thread which was rightly dead and buried to self-promote himself and serve us FT speciality: the "told ya so".

And we're 9th now by the way.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Like hell.

This "prediction" was made while Shakespeare still was in charge, the football we played was a horrid shower of shit and we headed slowly but surely to the Championship. Things looked bad and no one had the slightest clue about what was going to happen aside from a probable manager change.

This includes the original poster who at that time simply shot in the dark and hit the target by nothing else than experience luck, resurrrected his own thread which was rightly dead and buried to self-promote himself and serve us FT speciality: the "told ya so".

Massive overreaction muchly? Had a spoonful of revisionist theory today?

The football under Shakespeare wasn't "horrid" and please tell me how you can come to the conclusion that we were headed for the Championship after eight matches into the new season, with losses against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool - four clubs to be found in the Top Six right now.

A week ago, we were 8th and should've accepted it as a great gift to the club.

Now, we're 9th.

We're looking at dropping even further down, based on previous results and our form both as a team and looking at individual performances.

I suppose when we're 10th (or 11th for that matter), we ought to still be rejoicing, after the past five months of turgid football on display?

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Massive overreaction muchly? Had a spoonful of revisionist theory today?

The football under Shakespeare wasn't "horrid" and please tell me how you can come to the conclusion that we were headed for the Championship after eight matches into the new season, with losses against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool - four clubs to be found in the Top Six right now.

A week ago, we were 8th and should've accepted it as a great gift to the club.

Now, we're 9th.

We're looking at dropping even further down, based on previous results and our form both as a team and looking at individual performances.

I suppose when we're 10th (or 11th for that matter), we ought to still be rejoicing, after the past five months of turgid football on display?

Lol.

We sat deep, then hoofed it to Vardy or Mahrez, the midfield was completely by-passed and we weren't able to string more than 3 consecutive passes before losing the ball. No plan, no style, no identity. You come with Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, I'll point you to the Bournemouth and Huddersfield games. It was as shit as it could get and we were shit at home and away.

Sorry if it doesn't help you in your personal crusade against Puel and I'll refrain from engaging any discussion with you when it comes to him because we'll clearly never agree.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Like hell.

Do you understand what "predictions" are?

I can tell you right now that I expect Leicester to finish top 8 next season too and that's before any buying and selling from any clubs. I look at the rest and realise we're the 7th best at worst so one "burnley" fluke and we're top 8.

If you can't judge a team before they play that's your problem not mine.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol.

We sat deep, then hoofed it to Vardy or Mahrez, the midfield was completely by-passed and we weren't able to string more than 3 consecutive passes before losing the ball. No plan, no style, no identity. You come with Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, I'll point you to the Bournemouth and Huddersfield games. It was as shit as it could get and we were shit at home and away.

Sorry if it doesn't help you in your personal crusade against Puel and I'll refrain from engaging any discussion with you when it comes to him because we'll clearly never agree.

So I said 8th you thought relegation. who was closer?

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol.

I actually came up with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool. So that's four, not three, very hard fixtures right at the start of the season.

Plus the other two matches you mentioned - I don't see any progress there when looking at Puel's tenure; in fact, it reads even worse:

Crystal Palace (h): 0-3

Watford (a): 1-2

Everton (a): 1-2

Swansea (h): 1-1

Bournemouth (h): 1-1

Stoke (h): 1-1

Newcastle (h): 1-2

Burnley (a): 1-2

Southampton (h): 0-0

And I'm sorry if I mislead you, I have nothing against Puel apart from being mildly annoyed by his post-match ramblings, but his style of football right now is horrible to watch in the sense of being overly stroppy, lacklustre, ineffective and reactionary. I've also pointed to the fact that some of our most experienced/prestigious players have been underperforming for a while now, most of all Mahrez. The blame isn't on the manager solely, but the buck stops with him.

We're playing the exact same way Southampton were playing last season and with the exact same effect and if nobody involved has learnt from that debacle, be it the manager, the players or the club or even us as fans, then we're on a road to nowhere.

Puel and the players have four more matches to convince me otherwise.

Edited by MC Prussian

Totally agree

Look at results since Christmas 

Look at the style of football lack of motivation substitutions rec

It really doesn't bode well for the future

As for becoming a team that don't keep managers look at the DOF and recruitment team

Its symbolic and an embarrassment 

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Like hell.

We obviously had the quality to finish 8th if we got our act together. Not sure why anyone is taking exception to the prediction. 

the football under Ranieri towards the end and under Shakespeare after the first few games of his tenure was absolutely fvcking doggo. 

it was so bad I stopped watching. 

we literally couldn't put a pass together and hoofed it at every opportunity. 

we looked like a sunday park team.

it's astounding that people can't remember how clueless we looked. if we took a trip down history lane I think some people would be surprised at how bad we actually were. 

i'd rather have some average results but make some general progress at 'playing' football than revert back to that shower of shit. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol.

Are you not in the slightest bit worried about our form and the possibility of carrying the current form over to next season? We are struggling, can’t win at home and that in itself would mean being embroiled in a relegation scrap next season.

Im not one for chopping and changing managers and in the  4 games left I want to see the promise of better things for next season, some intensity, some spirit, and most importantly some wins.

If we were dull and won most wouldn’t care, it’s being dull and not winning that’s turning supporters against Puel.

Fuchs put a photo of himself on instagram earlier with the caption '4 games left, let's give it a good go'.

giving it a good go doesn't sound particularly inspired imo.

someone else has already put it somewhere in a Puel thread but I think that Puel is probably struggling with a number of players who are off / know their time is up at the end of this season and they're in holiday mode already.

we've seen some flashes of good play under Puel - I think he deserves a crack with his own signings (who he can get properly fired up) and a proper pre-season.

judging him at the moment is like expecting a crow to pick up the scraps of a dead badger out of the road and make a ****ing Michelin star pie out of it.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Like hell.

nothing to do with self-promotion.

Why can you be allowed to say we would have gone on to get relegated and think you're right but when someone predicts we would have done better, you don't take a liking to it?

We were 8th at the time I quoted all of you. 

17 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

the football under Ranieri towards the end and under Shakespeare after the first few games of his tenure was absolutely fvcking doggo. 

it was so bad I stopped watching. 

we literally couldn't put a pass together and hoofed it at every opportunity. 

we looked like a sunday park team.

it's astounding that people can't remember how clueless we looked. if we took a trip down history lane I think some people would be surprised at how bad we actually were. 

i'd rather have some average results but make some general progress at 'playing' football than revert back to that shower of shit. 

This is pretty well how I see it - I was embarrassed a lot of the time. 

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Fuchs put a photo of himself on instagram earlier with the caption '4 games left, let's give it a good go'.

giving it a good go doesn't sound particularly inspired imo.

someone else has already put it somewhere in a Puel thread but I think that Puel is probably struggling with a number of players who are off / know their time is up at the end of this season and they're in holiday mode already.

we've seen some flashes of good play under Puel - I think he deserves a crack with his own signings (who he can get properly fired up) and a proper pre-season.

judging him at the moment is like expecting a crow to pick up the scraps of a dead badger out of the road and make a ****ing Michelin star pie out of it.   

yep

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Are you not in the slightest bit worried about our form and the possibility of carrying the current form over to next season? We are struggling, can’t win at home and that in itself would mean being embroiled in a relegation scrap next season.

Im not one for chopping and changing managers and in the  4 games left I want to see the promise of better things for next season, some intensity, some spirit, and most importantly some wins.

If we were dull and won most wouldn’t care, it’s being dull and not winning that’s turning supporters against Puel.

I'm certainly not satisfied with the results to say the least, but I'm trying to put some perspective and know that a transition in the style of play isn't easy and take a bit more than a few months. It was inevitable that we'd have shit games and a poor run was to be expected. I've scrapped  written off the season as soon as Shakespeare was fired so I never had high expectations to begin with. 

I think that sacking the manager now sends us back to square one and a successful team builds on stability first. It's a massive year, out of the magical trio, only Vardy will stay and some of the 2015/16 season won't be starters anymore.

Now if we can bring Ancelotti, Tuchel, Simeone or Heynckes, that's another matter.

The next two games, there's a chance we can win both. Both have leaky defences.

If that's achieved, can see the players up for the test against an ailing Arsenal side and Spurs who let themselves down when it matters the most.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

13 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The next two games, there's a chance we can win both. Both have leaky defences.

If that's achieved, can see the players up for the test against an ailing Arsenal side and Spurs who let themselves down when it matters the most.

Crystal Palace and West Ham may have leaky defenses, however...

Our stuttering goalscoring motor worries me, yet I also do hope that we can finish the season on a high. Somehow. Then again...

There‘s little „ailing“ about Arsenal right now, as the team will want to give Wenger a glorious farewell present.

And Tottenham, well, they‘re not exactly missing Kane that much, are they?

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Crystal Palace and West Ham may have leaky defenses, however...

Our stuttering goalscoring motor worries me, yet I also do hope that we can finish the season on a high. Somehow. Then again...

There‘s little „ailing“ about Arsenal right now, as the team will want to give Wenger a glorious farewell present.

And Tottenham, well, they‘re not exactly missing Kane that much, are they?

Regarding Arsenal, should they get knocked out by Athletico Madrid (which is quite a viable possibility, as they're strong defensively and with Costa and Griezmann up front), Wenger may be willing to leave/resign before the game with LCFC and their morale could be strongly affected.

5 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Like hell.

Oh, and the football we are playing now isn't a " horrid shower of shit " ? and we are still heading slowly but surely to the championship and we still look bad without the slightest clue as to what is going to happen aside from a probable manager change.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Oh, and the football we are playing now isn't a " horrid shower of shit " ? and we are still heading slowly but surely to the championship and we still look bad without the slightest clue as to what is going to happen aside from a probable manager change.

Whatever floats your boat.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Did you only begin to support us when we won the league? If you think we are currently playing a ‘horrid shower of shit’ then I assume you also slaughtered us during the Oct to Dec of the great escape season, Dec to Feb of last season, the Feb to April of 12/13 etc etc etc .........

12 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

What do you exactly mean? Where do you think this team should be? In the top 6?

Not top 6, but pushing hard to be the best of the rest.

How about you?

How about the owners, do you think they are building an £80 million training ground, increasing the capacity of the ground, to finish 11th or 12th or in the bottom 8.