Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Was provoking online scraps what got you banned before FIF?

It seems you can't stop...

Ive made my position clear.  It was impossible to tell where we'd finish under the previous manager. We looked more like bottom 8 than top 8.

Puel has come in, we look different so there's more optimism.

Why so serious Col. I thought you were one who knew how to enjoy a discussion. If you're not I'll never mention you again, just let me know.

49 minutes ago, FIF said:

It predicted we'd finish top 8. I didn't know which players would leave or arrive nor the manager. I was still certain we were good enough for top 8.

Your original prediction was blind faith then and not based on anything.

19 hours ago, Donut said:

Your original prediction was blind faith then and not based on anything.

Not at all.

It's based on 50 years experience of watching football in general and Leicester in particular. It's based on the strength of our squad and setup compared to other teams. It's based on ... oh why bother?

If I said that Manure were going to finish in the top 6 would that be also based on blind faith - in your opinion?

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Not at all.

It's based on 50 years experience of watching football in general and Leicester in particular. It's based on the strength of our squad and setup compared to other teams. It's based on ... oh why bother?

If I said that Manure were going to finish in the top 6 would that be also based on blind faith - in your opinion?

You said you didnt know which players would come or go or who the manager would be in your first post above mine.

Just now, Donut said:

You said you didnt know which players would come or go or who the manager would be in your first post above mine.

Obviously. Who does?

It's the same at Manure

but I knew that most of the squad would stay the same. I knew that we would only get better than Shakey (who was a no.2) if he didn't perform as I knew that the owners want to win. I knew that if Mahrez (for example) left we'd get a good player in and I had faith in Gray anyway. 

Just like I know that if lukaku left Manure they'd get a good player in to replace him or use Rashford more (for example).

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Obviously. Who does?

It's the same at Manure

but I knew that most of the squad would stay the same. I knew that we would only get better than Shakey (who was a no.2) if he didn't perform as I knew that the owners want to win. I knew that if Mahrez (for example) left we'd get a good player in and I had faith in Gray anyway. 

Just like I know that if lukaku left Manure they'd get a good player in to replace him or use Rashford more (for example).

Nah.

You had a silly wild guess. And now Puel is in charge you might be right.

But dont claim youre a visionary

• Like 2

Just now, Bablemikey said:

Hope we don't lose Mahrez, or any of the first 11 for that matter, in Jan and that we come of the transfer window immediately and measurably stronger for once.

I cant really see where mahrez would go except a slightly obscure foreign club like a roma or napoli (not obscure but into a less strong league)

Thats not the move he wants. I think he thinks hes barca and psg quality....i think hes not at that level, but in england really he doesnt have too many options either

I presume you will hoping us and Burnley draw this weekend whilst having 4 men sent off each (cannot have any more can you?) and pick up injuries to aid your quest for a top 8 spot..

;)

Lets be honest anything below 5th-6th* is up for grabs for anyone who has a good run.

*Say that because Spurs are having an iffy run but guess they are so good in the eyes of the media they will soon fly up the league.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Haha 1

On 05/12/2017 at 18:16, Donut said:

Nah.

You had a silly wild guess. And now Puel is in charge you might be right.

But dont claim youre a visionary

I think he or she thought exactly what they've just said. That's not a wild guess, it's having faith and belief. 

I think Leicester fans jump from pessimistic to optimistic really quickly and Leicester fans are no different. 

Just now there is a fair amount of optimism around the club and it' easy to see why people are calling for top 8 and the likes but as soon as we hit a bad run of games which is possible at the end of this year/start of next when we get a run of the top six teams there will be an equal amount of fans full of doom and gloom. 

I personall feel that top 8 is more than achievable. I think the tip six will stay the same in one combination or other (Utd, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea) and the two clubs separating us from the next spot on the table are Burnley and Watford which I believe we have a better squad than. They are playing well and consistently and we are starting to add that under Puel but we need to stay on his side until he gets past that bad run of games and gets the chance to add that consistency against teams that we should be beating.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Your general writing style (I think) has a tendency to get backs up. That's what I was alluding to. It is often I find myself agreeing with your general premise but find how you present your thoughts as difficult.

Thanks for that. I've been styling my writing on yours, so your explanation now makes complete sense.

On 12/5/2017 at 18:11, FIF said:

Obviously. Who does?

It's the same at Manure

16 hours ago, tetly said:

Only the current top 6 have better squads than us, we should be aiming for 7th no less our owners have spent a huge amount of money and will want us up that area of the table I am sure.

Regardless of the manager, we have the 7th best side in the division and should be finishing no lower than 8th, let's not pull any punches. Everton may get their shit together and sign a striker and inject pace to their side but right now we're ahead of them. Watford and Burnley have been excellent and are where they are on merit, but I reckon we'll reign them in over time.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's the way, be passive aggressive and deflect it onto me. 

HPF, I have no problem with my writing style, you do.

I just found it funny that you felt the need to point out that I can be agressive in my style - I know that and enjoy it - yet you don't see that you are at least as bad as me (possibly worse). Do you actually understand the things people write in reply to you? and before I let this topic go as it's nothing to do with where City are going to finish, I'd like to say that I agree with lots of what you say too.

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

HPF, I have no problem with my writing style, you do.

I just found it funny that you felt the need to point out that I can be agressive in my style - I know that and enjoy it - yet you don't see that you are at least as bad as me (possibly worse). Do you actually understand the things people write in reply to you? and before I let this topic go as it's nothing to do with where City are going to finish, I'd like to say that I agree with lots of what you say too.

Bizarre. I was trying to explain why people might react to a thread, rather than stating a personal affront or attack you. If you felt attacked, I apologise. I'm not getting into my writing style because it's irrelevant here, but I'm not sure I'm aggressive so much as sardonic. 

Anyway, here's to top 4/5/6/7/8 (delete as opinion dictates)