Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Is Slimani of premier league quality

He is premier league quality. He's played and scored in the Champions league which is much more competitive.  I think the real question is does he fit Leicester city's system. Looking at how CS wants to play I would wholeheartedly say no. 

I think the only strikers that can really play the system that CS wants to play are Vardy and Okazaki. Iheanacho can play as a second striker but only in a team where the midfield provides more support and service. We don't do that, and it's also the reason why Okazaki doesn't score much for Leicester. 

Slimani is a massively limited striker who has very little technical ability at all, but if you put crosses in for him he will be a threat.

The whole transfer was a mess. A deadline day panic buy for someone who hasn't ever truly fitted the way we play, and it's easy saying "build the team around him" but that requires a different set up completely, what will we lose if we set the team up around him? Well, Vardy's goals potentially, for a start.

He didn't choose the fee but I think paying that much for him has done us no favours, he'll arrive expecting to be the main man and he was never going to be.

Brainless signing and typical of us in the last year or so.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, somebum said:

To be honest when I first saw the guy he reminded me a lot of Ade Akinbiyi in the way his large frame slowly plodded on the pitch.

Yes, in many regards Slimani is 2016-17's near equivalent to Akinbiyi re paying vastly over the odds for mediocrity at best - at least so far! I think Akin'badbuy' ended up at Burnley after his horrendous time with us - then disappeared into oblivion! I'm not saying Slimani will end up going down the same 'downhill fast' road as Ade A. did but he shows all the hallmarks of being a similar overpriced flop as was Akinbiyi - but for being surrounded by better players than we had in the infamous 18 months or so of Peter Taylor's reign! 

As others have said I think we won't know really unless he goes somewhere else but more than whether he is PL quality or not, the issue is he just doesn't suit our style of play and was a bit of a brainless panic buy in hindsight where our recruitment team didn't seem to take enough into account whether he would suit us or not.

He needs to be the main striker and doesn't work alongside Vardy and he's never going to replace Vardy as the main striker here.

Edited by Sampson

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair, I'd rather discuss football matters with someone who wasn't so far down on Superbru.

I wouldn't feel I'd be kinda wasting my time.

:P

How's the fantasy Premier League going for you? (Less luck involved admittedly but was just wondering....?)

?

I would ask the same question of a lot of our squad not just slim.

They were successful as the played as a team, with belief and togetherness, with a point to prove, which all seems to be lost 

Before the title win, a lot on here commented how Morgan, drinkwater etc, needed replacing, as wasn't good enough, the freak title win, has flattered to decieve us to believe the players are better than they are, truth is, a lot are bang average/ top end championship players.