Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Is Slimani of premier league quality

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Okazaki played almost every game in a title winning team. 

Come on now. 

Oh I agree. I think Shinji is good enough for the PL. I think James is too. I just wanted to point out that Slimani isn't worse than any of those players I listed.

• Like 1

He has just under a goal every three "appearances" and considering a great deal of these appearances were off the bench I don't think anyone could argue he is not "Premiership quality".  He might not play well in the system we use but I would confidently bet him scoring 15-20 goals a season if played every game and in a system that suits him.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

You're having a stormer mi old son!

I've had a bit of luck...I filled in the last 2 weeks selections in around 5minutes before we set off for (not so) sunny Cornwall for a holiday, could hardly get a signal on anything down there :( so generally lost touch with what's going on with FT. I guess I won't have missed anything important if I just skip to the last page of every thread....particularly the Silva and post match threads lol

11 hours ago, maf13r said:

IMO he is a donkey. Poor touch, No awareness of whats around him, Useless at holding the ball up or flicking it on. I honestly fail to see why people are defending him. He reminds me a Mark De Vries & he was awful

Maybe a tad harsh comparing him to Donkey De Vries (Mark's crucial winning goal against Spurs in FAC R3 in 2006 perhaps being the exception), but then again the Dutchman didn't set us back £29 million! For that fee you could have brought the entire 2005-06 LCFC Championship squad about five times (or more) over!!

Yes he is. 

Incredibly harsh that people are judging him on such few minutes from the bench.

Give him a run of games, and he will undoubtedly score. He is a goal scorer and has shown that for us when given a proper chance.

Record of 1 in 3 games (mostly sub appearances). This was also in a team that was woefully under performing last season, on top of being in and out of the team and picking up injuries. What more can he do with the limited time he has had and not being able to have a sustained run of games to be in top form/sharpness.

Can he play with Vardy? That is a better question. Perhaps not, but with Vardy picking up an injury - I know who I would want to be starting out of Ulloa, Okazaki and Slimani. 

Slimani all day long. Get Albrighton and Mahrez whipping in some crosses and let him do the business for us. Great player to have in our squad. 

I want a squad full of quality and pushing for starts, not squad fillers aka Ulloa/King. 

On a side note, people often seem to suggest he has this attitude problem, but all I have seen is someone extremely competitive out on the field but equally laughing and joking with all members of the squad whenever warming up/training etc. Attitude problem? Complete myth IMO! 

• Like 2

He is premier league quality, but doesn't suit our system. Too slow to play at number 9 and won't drop deep into midfield when playing number 10.

Also we won't change our system to accommodate him. He'd score at least 15 in a PL side that is built around him, like Benteke at Palace.

• Like 1