Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Is Slimani of premier league quality

Stunning goal on his weaker foot! 

I know it's the cup, albeit against a tough opposition, but what a finish that was! :blush:

Shows he can score with his feet too and in some style. I honestly think, if he is given enough game time, like tonight - then he will score goals and lots of them too. 

I think Okazaki also showed his usefulness tonight. Vardy/Slimani should share the traditional no.9 spot and Iheanacho and Okazaki should share the no.10 role.

I don't think in our 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 formation we can play both Vardy and Slimani, but I'm more than happy for Slimani to be starting more games and getting more minutes from the bench. 

With the squad we have now, we shouldn't be afraid of some rotation, especially with those two. Will keep Vardy fresher and Slimani sharper IMO. 

• Like 1

lol

He's not as bad as most fans make out but he certainly isn't a £27m player which is our fault, not his. Great strike but it doesn't the change the fact it was a massive overspend and he doesn't suit our style of play, generally. 

I want him to succeed here and if he produced that more often he'd be starting.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

Kinda feel bad for the people who bash slimani. They don't have anything to do until Saturday lol

It was a great goal and a half decent second half performance but until he starts putting in regular decent performances he'll be criticised. Think your gloating is a little premature 

On the other hand I liked the partnership of Shinji and Slim, think he needs a busy body like Okazaki running around him making a nuisance of themselves. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It was a great goal and a half decent second half performance but until he starts putting in regular decent performances he'll be criticised. Think your gloating is a little premature 

On the other hand I liked the partnership of Shinji and Slim, think he needs a busy body like Okazaki running around him making a nuisance of themselves. 

He got a 3 in the match ratings after 10somwthing minute cameo, i'm only gloating so much because people can't wait to get on his back. An eye for an eye I guess:dunno:

And I agree, I think he should rotate with vardy and shinji should rotate with kelechi. He needs to Lead the line and he can't do that with vardy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

He got a 3 in the match ratings after 10somwthing minute cameo, i'm only gloating so much because people can't wait to get on his back. An eye for an eye I guess:dunno:

And I agree, I think he should rotate with vardy and shinji should rotate with kelechi. He needs to Lead the line and he can't do that with vardy.

He's not gonna dislodge Vardy though so I'm not sure where he fits in? His all round game isn't good enough imo and he's hardly going to be happy being a striker just for cup games.

its a bit of a conundrum 

6 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Great goal tonight but his all round game was pretty poor. Needs to show a lot more to get a starting place and I don't think he ever will.

I hope he proves me wrong though. I'm not a hater, I just call it as I see it.

Same as me. I never want to see a City player fail 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's not gonna dislodge Vardy though so I'm not sure where he fits in? His all round game isn't good enough imo and he's hardly going to be happy being a striker just for cup games.

its a bit of a conundrum 

Vardy, harry, riyad and Kasper are the first 4 on the team sheet, no one will drop vardy for slimani.

Just get him in on the 75-80 mark and start him in the cup games

Edited by the fox

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

its a bit of a conundrum 

Not really a conundrum if Vardy gets injured though is it. We need a squad full of quality. He is a top striker and a decent option to replace Vardy with.

We do need to stop worrying about having "unhappy" players on the bench and just like the bigger teams, have more ambition and let these top players battle it out for starts.

Slimani has done himself no harm when given a decent amount of game time. He scores goals and rightly should be considered to get a fair chunk of Saturday's game. 

• Like 1

Think it's clear he has limitations, so does Okazaki etc.

If slim is given as much game time as Okazaki, I have no doubt his goals tally would be very decent.

Vardy cannot be expected to score all the goals, and slim has scored a decent amount at previous clubs, we need a goal scorer playing regular, and he for me fits the bill with what we have.

Nacho, and Okazaki good back up off the bench, well until nacho is fit, and then it's a question if vardy and nacho are suitable to start together.

59 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Totally and exactly correct! Our regular system, and his regular game, are alien to each other! To the question 'premier league quality'..then "yes"..all day long! PL quality for us?? Only if we adjust to supply him in the way he wants !

That is my vision of Slimani's case since last season. His profile doesn't fit our counter attacking style, but would do wonders with the scums or the gooners.

His goal tonight was certainly Premier League quality.

Let's not forget that Ulloa in the first half was a near-catastrophe, never really linked up well with Slimani.

The introduction of Okazaki brought some much-needed energy, vitality and creativity going forward. He opened spaces for Slimani to nestle in.

As the match progressed in the second half, you could tell how much more confident Islam became.

I'm glad for him. Hopefully, he can take that experience into the league and bag a few until January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Where are all the Slim haters now ????

Never underestimate their back tracking abilities.

Watch the next game where he appears for the last ten minutes and fails to score either a screamer or a brace. With one goal chance.

Edited by ZeGuy