Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Is Slimani of premier league quality

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder how much we got as a loan fee? 

One start !

Islam Slimani set for three-match ban after being charged with violent conduct for kicking Craig Dawson... meaning the Newcatle loanee will have cost club £2.5m for every 90 minutes

• Islam Slimani kicked out at Craig Dawson during Newcastle's loss to West Brom
  • Slimani is on loan at Newcastle from Leicester after joining in January window 
  • Striker is set for a three-match ban which would end his season with Newcastle  
  • Slimani has until 6pm on May 1 to respond to the FA charge for violent conduct
  • The 29-year-old has made just four appearances since arriving at St James' Park

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5675229/Newcastle-loanee-Islam-Slimani-set-three-match-ban-kicking-West-Broms-Craig-Dawson.html

It’s a tough one. He clearly knows where the goal is, and has a poacher’s instinct but not sure he has clicked in the Prem. I’d imagine if he went to Italy, he would bag a load again. 

I really wanted him to work here and he showed he could play with Vards up top (that Man City game!) but not sure why it didn’t happen more often. It’s really annoying how many crosses we are playing now he’s gone. 

I would sell now if asked. 

14 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Islam Slimani set for three-match ban after being charged with violent conduct for kicking Craig Dawson... meaning the Newcatle loanee will have cost club £2.5m for every 90 minutes

• Slimani is on loan at Newcastle from Leicester after joining in January window 
  • Striker is set for a three-match ban which would end his season with Newcastle  
  • Slimani has until 6pm on May 1 to respond to the FA charge for violent conduct
  • The 29-year-old has made just four appearances since arriving at St James' Park

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5675229/Newcastle-loanee-Islam-Slimani-set-three-match-ban-kicking-West-Broms-Craig-Dawson.html

He's cost them £28,000 per minute of play time!

Absolute idiot.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up back in Portugal!

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up back in Portugal!

Will go out on loan for the remainder of his contract here no doubt, I reckon we'll never actually raise a fee for him lol.

He's clearly frustrated by not getting regular game time and it is affecting him. He isn't handling it well.

I saw the kick out on MOTD and looks like season over for him.

Personally, I would like to see him as an option here. It is important that whoever the manager, Slimani plays a role. Otherwise this saga will continue.

He's a proven goalscorer but has yet to demonstrate that regularly in the PL and instead of buying all these players for big money and then letting them rot, maybe we should start integrating them better.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He's clearly frustrated by not getting regular game time and it is affecting him. He isn't handling it well.

I saw the kick out on MOTD and looks like season over for him.

Personally, I would like to see him as an option here. It is important that whoever the manager, Slimani plays a role. Otherwise this saga will continue.

He's a proven goalscorer but has yet to demonstrate that regularly in the PL and instead of buying all these players for big money and then letting them rot, maybe we should start integrating them better.

The problem he had when here and the same problem he will encounter if he stays, is Vardy!

If Vardy is fit, he will start. I can't see that changing next season. 

Both Vardy and Slimani are best when being the focal point for the attack. 

Slimani is not good enough to play behind Vardy and it just doesn't suit his style. 

He therefore realistically is only going to get game time by playing second fiddle to Vardy.. who rarely comes off!

I rate Slimani. Always have, I just think whilst Vardy is here, there is no place in the starting line-up for Slimani and even his sub appearance will be limited.

I'd sell and focus on ACM's and number 10's to play behind Vardy, with Iheanacho his back-up as a no.9. 

• Like 1