Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamark

Paper persons

Just called  in the local 'corner' shop and they need a paper person for early starts.I mean if its raining a paper person would be very little use resulting in many calls re non delivery of said news.

Now age 13 and over is the only  criteria so  there may be an opportunity for some of us.

A bag of Sunday broadsheets is very heavy

13 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Just called  in the local 'corner' shop and they need a paper person for early starts.I mean if its raining a paper person would be very little use resulting in many calls re non delivery of said news.

Now age 13 and over is the only  criteria so  there may be an opportunity for some of us.

so they need a delivery boy/girl?

Is it your corner shop and you're just advertising a job on here :ph34r:lol ?

16 minutes ago, dynamark said:

@Lamby

I feel like there are 3 stages to the opening post here.

Stage 1: Attempt at a joke (paper people in the rain)

Stage 2: Self realisation that the joke is crap, so an attempt to turn it serious with details of the job in question

Stage 3: A U-Turn on the joke/serious status with a bit of observational comedy on the size and weight of a Sunday paper

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Haven't brought a paper in years, but usually see the "paper boy" when I take the dogs out in the morning. The lazy bastard gets driven round the estate by his mum or dad and just gets out of the car at each house! WTF?

Papergirl near me does that as well, newspaper in one hand phone in the other when getting out the car.

Sorry mate this is just a sh1te thread ...     so to help you along here's a nice picture of a car ...   it's worth about a mill and there were only 5 made ...    puts out about 900bhp ...  someone could buy this and use it to deliver papers ...     see how I did that ! ..  :)

IMG_3511.JPG

13 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry mate this is just a sh1te thread ...     so to help you along here's a nice picture of a car ...   it's worth about a mill and there were only 5 made ...    puts out about 900bhp ...  someone could buy this and use it to deliver papers ...     see how I did that ! ..  :)

IMG_3511.JPG

Are you driving it back, CF?

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I wish !! ...   and don't remind me im coming back tomorrow !! ...    :(

Take a tip from me and book a flight back - it'd be bloody cold on the back of the mother-in-law's broom...

7 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Haven't brought a paper in years, but usually see the "paper boy" when I take the dogs out in the morning. The lazy bastard gets driven round the estate by his mum or dad and just gets out of the car at each house! WTF?

See this all the time. Gonna get a shock when/if he gets a proper job.

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

My sister used to do this all the time. 

I did one for 3 years and never once had a lift! She did hers for 2 years and must of had a lift 60% of the time lol

6 hours ago, lee7 said:

My sister used to do this all the time. 

I did one for 3 years and never once had a lift! She did hers for 2 years and must of had a lift 60% of the time lol

Same. Used to do the Sunday round on my estate and had to walk to the paper shop and back twice as I couldn't physically carry them all in one go.

If I'd have asked my old man for a lift he'd have laughed his bollocks off and told me do one!

Sometimes, the paper boy on our estate doesn't show at all - his old man does it for him!

11 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

People still have physical newspapers delivered to their house? Jeez. 

Printed news is such a waste. 

We don't have a daily or weekly paper but we don't have a choice when it comes to free papers. I wish we could opt out.

Archived