Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

If had hadn`t fvcked up two good chances of promotion?

Just so I remember, who was it whose management put us in the position of promotion from the championship exactly?

Your attitude of seemingly promotion at the first time of asking or you are shit is laughable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gazzer said:

yawn if you think it helps having less fans who remember 0-0 vs bolton at filbert street in 70s and more who think pearson is even in the top 5 of leicester managers.. tbh i'd even put gordon milne above that twat

now you made me do it you smart arse

1. Claudio Ranieri

2. Matt Gillies

3. Martin O'Neill

4. Jock Wallace

5. Gordon Milne

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, gazzer said:

well done nige for the work you've done at this club while you were getting paid a milllion pounds a year. sorry you messed up two playoff semi finals and couldn't remain respectful to either fellow professionals or the national press. Sorry your son let you down getting a bit rapey with the thais from the nation that owns the club they probably weren't briefed properly.

I bet most managers at the time were paid much more money for their services, and most of them didn't deliver.

Other managers never had the pleasure of having to work the way up through the league system (obstacles along the way and all that), instead were hired based on their "reputation" and foreign-sounding names, starting out in the big league straightaway. Turned out well for De Boer this season, didn't it? And Koeman's face one big smile at the moment. I'm sure there's others...

Who cares about the national press? If my job was managing a football team, I wouldn't feel the need to pull an act in front of the camera all the time or come up with the usual platitudes. If you want dullness, try some of the other "big" names in the league ("Arsène, come down here!").

Let's hold up an encounter with one pro footballer against a manager. Even after all was said and done by both parties. Bygones be bygones...

If my son got "rapey" with a bunch of Thai hookers, I'd kick him out the door rightaway. Especially at the age of 22, that's old enough to be held accountable for your own actions.

Why put the blame on the father here? It's easier to suit the argument, I guess...

What NP did at our club and what the owners invested in was to organise root and branch, modernise the training,sports science,scouting etc. Not a bad basis on which to be re-employed,provided he repeats that successfully in Leuven. One imagines he may be unable to recruit family members!

Edited by dedlock

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So are the haters out again, too? Thought you'd spare us the drivel this time... :ph34r:

Unbelievable that you cannot praise a man for his achievements at the club and his work that laid the ground for the later success, let alone acknowledge all that.

I absolutely acknowledge his achievements at my football club, all credit to him for that.

I also believe that for the first three quarters of our great escape season he screwed up badly with his negative approach, and had he carried on playing the exciting attacking football of the previous championship winning season, we would have been no where near the relegation places all season.

I saw him interviewed on Sky a couple of months after he was sacked, and he said that people ask him why we didn`t attack the way we did at the end of the season, from the beginning of the season, but he admitted that it had got to the point where we had no choice but to go all out to get wins, BUT that you can`t play like that all season long, and that you have to stay in the games at Premier league level.

I thought christ almighty, he has learnt nothing, and had his son and others not been total divs, and he had not been sacked, we would have had another season of just trying to stay in games, which would have probably resulted in another tough season rather than a premier league winning one.

12 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Fvck me, do you honestly think Pearson would have won us the Premier league?  lollollollollol

Strange stance to take for someone preaching about not dealing in ifs and buts a few posts ago. 

I seem to remember him proving you wrong at each and every turn. Doesn't exactly give you much creditability, so I wouldn't be taking the piss out of others who WERE right about him previously.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I bet most managers at the time were paid much more money for their services, and most of them didn't deliver.

Other managers never had the pleasure of having to work the way up through the league system (obstacles along the way and all that), instead were hired based on their "reputation" and foreign-sounding names, starting out in the big league straightaway. Turned out well for De Boer this season, didn't it? And Koeman's face one big smile at the moment. I'm sure there's others...

Who cares about the national press? If my job was managing a football team, I wouldn't feel the need to pull an act in front of the camera all the time or come up with the usual platitudes. If you want dullness, try some of the other "big" names in the league ("Arsène, come down here!").

Let's hold up an encounter with one pro footballer against a manager. Even after all was said and done by both parties. Bygones be bygones...

If my son got "rapey" with a bunch of Thai hookers, I'd kick him out the door rightaway. Especially at the age of 22, that's old enough to be held accountable for your own actions.

Why put the blame on the father here? It's easier to suit the argument, I guess...

well I was at both playoff 2nd legs and not that impressed, On the other point  If I was the son of the manager and under hospitality of the company i work for I would be well behaved but I guess times are changing. btw when did you get old alex and why is everyone saying I'm a dipsomaniac?

Just now, gazzer said:

well I was at both playoff 2nd legs and not that impressed, On the other point  If I was the son of the manager and under hospitality of the company i work for I would be well behaved but I guess times are changing. btw when did you get old alex and why is everyone saying I'm a dipsomaniac?

Well if you were able to think clearly you'd also remember the first play-off season was straight after we got up from League One, in which 5th was a great finish, and the second was after a considerable budget cut after Sven's overspending. And if your memory is that foggy, I can also remind you the following season, also under Pearson, he won us the Championship with over 100 points. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Well if you were able to think clearly you'd also remember the first play-off season was straight after we got up from League One, in which 5th was a great finish, and the second was after a considerable budget cut after Sven's overspending. And if your memory is that foggy, I can also remind you the following season, also under Pearson, he won us the Championship with over 100 points. 

et tu brute

3 minutes ago, gazzer said:

lol

Come on, Gaz! We did it at the third time of asking! Won promotion to the Premier League under Nigel ****ing Pearson. The owners had faith in him and he and the team paid it back.

Other managers fail at that hurdle multiple times, yet are lauded. Why the hard feelings towards Pearson, I wonder?

As for his son: He was 22 at the time. An adult. Well, allegedly. Thus responsible for his own actions. Nothing to do with daddy any more (unless you're trying to fabricate a connection that fits your argument).

23 minutes ago, gazzer said:

well done nige for the work you've done at this club while you were getting paid a milllion pounds a year. sorry you messed up two playoff semi finals and couldn't remain respectful to either fellow professionals or the national press. Sorry your son let you down getting a bit rapey with the thais from the nation that owns the club they probably weren't briefed properly.

"Messing up" two play offs is perhaps the most moronic argument against a manager who also has two championship wins and keeping a team in the premier league at a first attempt. You know, considering it was his management ability that put us in that position previously. 

Perhaps you need reminding of the last 5 attempts without him... 22nd, 19th, 16th, 15th. 9th. Yet you're taking pot shots at a man that had the nerve to get us to finish 5th in his first full season at that level after having just got us promoted at the first attempt. 

• Like 1