Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

Never thought I'll admit it but... I miss his press conferences.

Yes, he was a loose canon, no doubt about it. But he did pull off the Great Escape when I had lost all hope. It's nice to see him back under KP wings but not sure I'd want him as a gaffer here again tbf

Edited by Chester Dontlie

6 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

In terms of building a 'young, hungry and talented team' there's not many better

Any evidence for this? His CV is not much better than many 2nd managers. I'm not saying Leicester fans shouldn't respect what he did here. 

Edited by bovril

Wonder how Shakey feels about this.. 

Like many of us, it's not a stretch of the imagination to think this is half a step back in the door at Leicester..

Loved Pearson's time here and think he is tailor made for Leicester, but not sure how I would feel on him returning. 

Be interesting to see how he does over there as it didn't go well at Derby at all. 

He needs to rebuild his reputation and I'm glad King Power have offered him that chance. 

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Oh hello Mr Babylon, wondered how long it would be until you piped up.

Putting a club in a position of being promoted and then fvucking it up is a failure, it has nothing to do with expecting it at the first time of asking.

What a crock of shit. What a clown you are. I suppose finishing a respectable 8th without getting into the playoffs is better. The people who criticise Pearson continue to clutch at straws becausr they've got no actual argument. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Hardly played a bad game supposedly, and yet a year that seen us bottom of the table for three quarters of the season!

It took until shit or bust time for Pearson to change his stay in the game and not get hammered tactics.

How much of that change in tactics was down to Pearson who knows, but for god sake, if by that time he hadn`t realised that the way he was setting us up wasn`t working, then he really would have been a complete bafoon!

The best thing this club ever did was sack Pearson, because we would not have won the league the following season with him in charge.

Not a chance i hell!

So good luck to Pearson in Belgium, but i sure as hell don`t ever want to see him at my football club again as a manager.

As I said in my post (the bits you ignored) results matter and we were in a dire situation, no questioning that.  And please can you show me, using my own quotations, where I said we would have won the league if we kept him? We disagree clearly, but please don;t dilute what I said (which I feel was reasonable and acknowledged his shortcomings).  All I said was that he seemed to learn from his mistakes (albeit slowly, I admit) and that to discredit what he did here seemed unreasonable.  I stand by that.  But, like I said, we obviously disagree which is fair enough and yes, had we not sacked him, we would have never won the Premier League.  I think though, had he NEVER been our manager we would never have been in a position where Ranieri could win the league.  Anyway, who cares eh>  We are Leicester City and we won the fvcking Premier League!!  What a time to be alive. :)  X

47 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Wonder how Shakey feels about this.. 

It's very complicated, and highly unlikely to be the case, but I wonder whether he had a say in getting Nige back in the door. It's well known the staff behind the scenes wanted Nigel back after Claudio left.

What if Shakespeare has took the job on, on the understanding that if 6 months down the line if he doesn't like the pressures and stresses of it he will fall back into a number 2 role?

As I said, very improbable but it makes sense.

• Like 1

Just now, lifted*fox said:

No, he wasn't a PR disaster. He was above all of the other typical sound-bite bullshit managers who **** about worrying about what the media think / want to hear. He didn't have time for that bullshit and why should he? His job was to run a football club and that's a job he did better than most give him credit for. 

He was not out of his depth, he took 6 months to adapt to a league in which he'd never managed in before, which he did, eventually resulting in the 'greatest escape' in PL history. 

He commanded the respect of the players and stood for no bullshit. He consistently rid this club of big ego underperformers and filled it with hard working footballers with a point to prove and used his media persona to make it a 'us against them' scenario which created a bond between him, the players and the fans which saw us go on to our greatest achievement ever. 

You can't see it for what it is, clearly - that's not Pearson's fault though, that's on you. 

I still think he's a c***

• Haha 3

Pleased Big Nige is back in the game, I was only thinking earlier this week whether or not he was finished in football.

Very, very interesting to see him at Leuven and working with Top and Vichai again. Some cynics might say he's been put in place, just in case he's needed....elsewhere.

And by the way how come I've only found out just now they have Elliott Moore on loan from us ???

19 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

King Nige was absolutely hilarious with the media, such an entertaining guy, accusations of being dour and boring used to bemuse me.

People that thought he couldn't handle the media aren't clever enough to see what his angle was and what he was trying to do. Big Nige isn't for idiots, big Nige is for those who know. Strictly for the switched on. 

The people who hate Nige are the kind of people who'd be happy to have someone like ****ing Boris Johnson lead us into WW3 in a clown costume just because he'd say some funny things and they can clap and 'arf arf' like a bunch of seals at feeding time down the Sea Life Centre. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I've never felt as passionate about this club as when Nige was in charge. Serious ****ing manager and I'd take him back any day. His attitude is just fine, loved the way he didn't pander to the media and kept his cards close to his chest. I felt proud of this club when he was running the show. 

Winning the league was amazing but everything since has felt like absolute ****ing clown-shoes. Bring back Pearson, work alongside Shakey and we go back to having a vision, a future and a proper leader. 

See you in 6 months - 1 year Nigel, you awesome bastard. **** the haters. The third coming is upon us. 

PAASHUN

I think many here believe that the reason others don't want Nigel back is because they hate him.  That is not true, certainly of me. I, for one appreciate his efforts and contributions, but I believe he's an ordinary  manager that reached his limit when he won the Championship.  I don't believe he's tactically up to compete in the Prem.  I just don't see it.

I have to admit, the thought of bringing Pearson's organisation back into the club is a brilliant one.

He came back to us after some stagnation at Hull so if he returned here for a third spell I wouldn't be too concerned about his ability to help us kick on and establish us as a European side.

If he brought Steve Walsh back, that would be incredible too. But I can't see it happening as it would be a demotion to Chief Scout again, unless the owners have had enough of Rudkin. Plus I imagine Walsh would need to be pushed out of Everton to consider coming back.

All this being said, I'm also happy with Shakey for the time-being. Coaches aren't given enough time these days. I'd be ecstatic with 2-3 seasons of midtable finishes, let Shakey cut his teeth and then see if he can push us to the next level.

20 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I think he would make an excellent DOF. From what we've seen of Rudkin it's an entirely non-speaking role, so he wouldn't have to contend with the press but could look after the club as a whole which is where he appears to excel.

NP has utter contempt for the media, agents and money side of the game. Surely he'd make an awful DOF if part of that role is getting new players in