Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I ask the question to you.

would you rather he was never manager and we didn't win the league.

The time was right for him to go, but you cant discredit what he built.

I`m not discrediting what he done, he was instrumental in shaping the squad, and maybe given time, he would have been able to learn from his mistakes from our great escape season, and gone on to making us a mid to lower end of the premier league team.

He wouldn`t have won us the premier league though, i don`t care what anyone else believes.

My biggest concern with Pearson was that he was so damn stubborn that it always seemed to take him an eternity to admit he might have got things wrong tactically, and to change.

The football during our promotion winning season was a joy, we went everywhere and tried to win, played attacking exciting football, and then he binned it for the negative stay in the game tactics as soon as we started playing in the premier league.

What is it they say, fortune favours the brave, well we weren`t brave that season until it came to shit or bust time.

The change of approach at that time didn`t come out of any genius master plan, it came out of desperation.

Had he not been sacked, my concern would have been that we would have gone back to that negative stay in the game tactic, that he seemed to favour.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

"Messing up" two play offs is perhaps the most moronic argument against a manager who also has two championship wins and keeping a team in the premier league at a first attempt. You know, considering it was his management ability that put us in that position previously. 

Perhaps you need reminding of the last 5 attempts without him... 22nd, 19th, 16th, 15th. 9th. Yet you're taking pot shots at a man that had the nerve to get us to finish 5th in his first full season at that level after having just got us promoted at the first attempt. 

Don't ever change Babylon - I remember coming on here then you worked your way up to Mod and I think Mod is a hard job. I think everyone at those 2 games would agree with me we messed up but I'm sure you can spin it into something complimentary to Pearson

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yeah, it did bother me, too.

Especially when I remember all the shit that was said and done by other managers at other clubs at the time.

How did Crystal Palace fans manage to put up with Neil Warnock and Tony Pulis in one single season?

Whatever happened to Harry Redknapp, Alan Irvine, Alan Pardew - or Gus Poyet?

Does anybody else remember Tim Sherwood? Or John Carver?

All scandal-free, of course.

Yep, Pearson was the worst of them all. How dare he tarnished the reputation of our beloved LCFC!

It's not like we wouldn't be where we are now without him (and his team).

I couldn`t give a shit about any other team, and what their managers or players do or get up too.

I`m only interested in my football club.

I don`t go down the City for any other reason than to watch my football club.

It`s great to be in the Premier league but to be perfectly honest we could be playing in the northern conference and i would be going down, but purely to watch my team, i have zero interest in who we are playing or what goes on at any other football club.

I know there are people who love to go down because we are playing Liverpool or Man Utd, but you know what, why would i give a shit about them, they are nothing to me.

All they are is another team that i want my football club to beat.

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I couldn`t give a shit about any other team, and what their managers or players do or get up too.

I`m only interested in my football club.

I don`t go down the City for any other reason than to watch my football club.

It`s great to be in the Premier league but to be perfectly honest we could be playing in the northern conference and i would be going down, but purely to watch my team, i have zero interest in who we are playing or what goes on at any other football club.

I know there are people who love to go down because we are playing Liverpool or Man Utd, but you know what, why would i give a shit about them, they are nothing to me.

All they are is another team that i want my football club to beat.

I'm confused.

On one hand you're saying that you still think he was an embarrassment to the club.

Here you're saying you don't care what goes on at any other football club.

So why bother caring about what you think Pearson has "done" to the club (in a supposedly negative way) when you don't care about life or other opinions outside of LCFC? Why getting sidetracked by alleged hard feelings towards a manager who did more for us than many before him when all you do is "care about the football"?

Edited by MC Prussian

7 minutes ago, gazzer said:

Don't ever change Babylon - I remember coming on here then you worked your way up to Mod and I think Mod is a hard job. I think everyone at those 2 games would agree with me we messed up but I'm sure you can spin it into something complimentary to Pearson

The hell has once being a mod got to do with anything.

It's about context, compared to us Cardiff had an expensively assembled team, we were a newly promoted team that could only have dreamed of being in that position at the start of the season. The day before the first game that you're moaning about we have a first choice centre back declaring he voted BNP and all hell breaking loose in the camp. Plus, for all you know we could have gone attacking and lost the game 5-0 in the first leg. 

His job was to put us in the position to gain promotion, he did. The players on the pitch missed the penalties not him, if they had put it away from the spot we could have been promoted. 

Edited by Babylon

33 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can you prove that he wouldn't have done?

What a silly question, but i do have eyes, i have accumulated some football knowledge over the last 43 years of going down the city, so i like to think i would be able to judge whether a manager is capable of winning the top division, and my judgement says not a fvcking cat in hells chance of Pearson winning a premier league title.

I have to say that i wouldn`t have believed that we would win the league under Ranieri also, but more because i didn`t think the players were capable of playing to the standard they did that season, more than Ranieri himself.

I was not one of the gloom mongers who were pissed off with his appointment, i was happy with it, because i felt he could take us further than Pearson was capable of taking us, which of course he did.

17 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I`m not discrediting what he done, he was instrumental in shaping the squad, and maybe given time, he would have been able to learn from his mistakes from our great escape season, and gone on to making us a mid to lower end of the premier league team.

He wouldn`t have won us the premier league though, i don`t care what anyone else believes.

My biggest concern with Pearson was that he was so damn stubborn that it always seemed to take him an eternity to admit he might have got things wrong tactically, and to change.

The football during our promotion winning season was a joy, we went everywhere and tried to win, played attacking exciting football, and then he binned it for the negative stay in the game tactics as soon as we started playing in the premier league.

What is it they say, fortune favours the brave, well we weren`t brave that season until it came to shit or bust time.

The change of approach at that time didn`t come out of any genius master plan, it came out of desperation.

Had he not been sacked, my concern would have been that we would have gone back to that negative stay in the game tactic, that he seemed to favour.

Spot on . His stubbornness at times was unbelievable an example of which was  not playing  Albrighton 

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just so I remember, who was it whose management put us in the position of promotion from the championship exactly?

Your attitude of seemingly promotion at the first time of asking or you are shit is laughable. 

Oh hello Mr Babylon, wondered how long it would be until you piped up.

Putting a club in a position of being promoted and then fvucking it up is a failure, it has nothing to do with expecting it at the first time of asking.

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Putting a club in a position of being promoted and then fvucking it up is a failure, it has nothing to do with expecting it at the first time of asking.

He didnt **** it up though we finished 14th

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can't be arsed to read all of this thread, can anyone succinctly summarise what tonight's argument is about?

People praising Pearson for the majority of the thread, wishing him well at Leuven.

Later in the evening, two grumpy cats with hard feelings trying to win the argument, and gazzer arguing with himself even.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Ok, now in which parallel universe are you currently living in?