Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

I suppose there is a remote possibility that Shakespeare has made the suggestion for this appointment. Perhaps he realizes that he is out of his depth as a manager, and the only way to keep him at Leicester City would be to bring back Nigel Pearson, as any other incoming would probably want to surround himself with his own team. The owners thought long and hard and agreed, providing he can get through the ordeal of managing a club for a while without negative and controversial; actions.

Hmmmm.....maybe not lol

11 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I don`t care about any other football club. Pearson can commit mass murder at his new club for all i care, but while he is at my club he is representing my football club, that is the difference.

Representing to whom exactly? If you‘re just living in your LCFC bubble as you‘re stating it, you couldn‘t care less, because he achieved something that hadn‘t been done before.

18 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I suppose there is a remote possibility that Shakespeare has made the suggestion for this appointment. Perhaps he realizes that he is out of his depth as a manager, and the only way to keep him at Leicester City would be to bring back Nigel Pearson, as any other incoming would probably want to surround himself with his own team. The owners thought long and hard and agreed, providing he can get through the ordeal of managing a club for a while without negative and controversial; actions.

Hmmmm.....maybe not lol

this was what i thought might have happened #ultrapearsonite

1 hour ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I think many here believe that the reason others don't want Nigel back is because they hate him.  That is not true, certainly of me. I, for one appreciate his efforts and contributions, but I believe he's an ordinary  manager that reached his limit when he won the Championship.  I don't believe he's tactically up to compete in the Prem.  I just don't see it.

at least the players always looked up for a fight though. 

29 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It used to annoy me when people would criticise him or comment on his personality  (I guarantee anyone commenting on his personality never even met the bloke). He is a top top bloke and always had the best interests of the football club in his actions. Now I pity people who can't see the impact he had and acknowledge his legacy.

I just feel feel sorry now for people who don't rate what he did, it's pretty sad when you think about the 5 or so years prior to his appointment. For a man to come in and do what he did for our club both on and off the pitch is absolutely outstanding. It put us in a position to win the premier league. I guess I agree with people commenting on the correlation between appreciating what Nigel did and general intelligence, it's a pretty good measurement tool. 

Saying that, all of the above does not take away from the appreciation I have for what Claudio did, now that was truly unique and a complete 1 off. For that to happen to our club is something I only dreamt of while standing on the terrace at Hereford watching Nigel Pearson work his magic. 

I guess I just just love them both.

Nice post Una 

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

It used to annoy me when people would criticise him or comment on his personality  (I guarantee anyone commenting on his personality never even met the bloke). He is a top top bloke and always had the best interests of the football club in his actions. Now I pity people who can't see the impact he had and acknowledge his legacy.

I just feel feel sorry now for people who don't rate what he did, it's pretty sad when you think about the 5 or so years prior to his appointment. For a man to come in and do what he did for our club both on and off the pitch is absolutely outstanding. It put us in a position to win the premier league. I guess I agree with people commenting on the correlation between appreciating what Nigel did and general intelligence, it's a pretty good measurement tool. 

Saying that, all of the above does not take away from the appreciation I have for what Claudio did, now that was truly unique and a complete 1 off. For that to happen to our club is something I only dreamt of while standing on the terrace at Hereford watching Nigel Pearson work his magic. 

I guess I just just love them both.

Can't agree any further.

Someone needs to put this in a Tinder message or two, it's that good imo...:P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I would still happily have Pearson back in a heartbeat.

Yeah, he frustrated me sometimes with his negativity. But what he achieved here was exceptional. I also never had a problem with his personality (other than Ostrich gate, which was a little strange).

Loved ostrichgate, but not so sure about the strangulation 

12 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I've never felt as passionate about this club as when Nige was in charge. Serious ****ing manager and I'd take him back any day. His attitude is just fine, loved the way he didn't pander to the media and kept his cards close to his chest. I felt proud of this club when he was running the show. 

Winning the league was amazing but everything since has felt like absolute ****ing clown-shoes. Bring back Pearson, work alongside Shakey and we go back to having a vision, a future and a proper leader. 

See you in 6 months - 1 year Nigel, you awesome bastard. **** the haters. The third coming is upon us. 

That first paragraph is spot on mate. 

Great post.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, smudger63 said:

It bothers me because he was representing my football club, and to be perfectly honest shows how unhinged the guy was/is.

Yet it no longer bothers the guys who actually own the club to the point where they have reemployed Nige to represent one of the businesses within their multi billion dollar empire.

Your opinion is formed by Pearson taking the bait from a ****head journalist trying to provoke him, whereas the Thais would make their decision based not only his work, but also knowing him personally. Its also an indication of how much credit they give him for winning the league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Yet it no longer bothers the guys who actually own the club to the point where they have reemployed Nige to represent one of the businesses within their multi billion dollar empire.

Your opinion is formed by Pearson taking the bait from a ****head journalist trying to provoke him, whereas the Thais would make their decision based not only his work, but also knowing him personally. Its also an indication of how much credit they give him for winning the league.

spot on, good post

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Absolutely, i think he finally learnt from his mistakes that season.

He is a stubborn sod, who doesn`t like to admit he may have got something wrong, so it took him longer than it needed too, but credit to him, the season we won the championship, we were outstanding and a joy to watch.

Exciting attacking football, i love it.

It gave me hope that our first season back in the Premier with Pearson was going to be a good one.

I thought he would carry on from where we left off the previous season, but he changed back to his old cautious approach, and was forever going on about needing to stay in games, and that we weren`t being hammered by anyone.

Well no, we weren`t being hammered by anyone, but we were losing every week.

We were offering nothing going forward, because we were more intent on trying not to lose the game.

The game at Southampton sticks out, we were in the game, but they got a lateish winner if i remember correctly, and we had our first shot on target in the 90th minute, it was appalling, and summed up our negative approach at that time.

Who ever changed the approach, and formation at the end of the great escape season, whether it be Pearson or not, the truth is it was shit or bust time, it was hardly a stroke of tactical genius, we had to go and win some football games, simple as that, we couldn`t afford to try and stay in games anymore, we had to try and make things happen, and the rest as they say is history.

This week that season, was the week we beat Man Utd 5-3, it was fantastic, we went toe to toe with them and came out on top.

Well, walking to the game that day Radio Leicester spoke to Shakespeare to talk about the team selected pre match, and Shakespeare said that the players had been to see the staff and asked if the could really have a go at United, and that they had been told they could, so to expect an exciting game.

How telling that it was the players who actually had to ask the manager/staff if they would let them off the leash that day.

Please bear in mind it was Pearson's first season in the top flight - let's compare that to a manager who is widely thought of as one of the best in the world, Pep guardiola. Considering the squad Man City already had when Pep arrived, from memory I think he still spent £150m+ on new players but finished 15 points behind the league champions. Regardless of us being bottom of the league for some time, at the end of the season we still finished 14th which is a great achievement for any newly promoted side.

Given the difference in spending power etc, I would say Nige had a much more successful first season in the Premier League than Pep did.

Edited by NeilLCFC
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Looking at the arguments for and against, the critics seem to be making the same old rehashed points. The responses are obvious. In summary:

1. He's a horrible, rude man who is totally unemployable: So what? Same goes for Mourinho / Ferguson / Clough etc. Success matters more, and the fact that the people responsible for his highest profile sacking have just re-employed him means that if they can get over it, his critics in the LCFC fan base should too. And to say he 'disgraced' our club - what utter tripe.

2. He'd never have won the title: Maybe not, we'll never know. He took over after half a decade of decline, got us promoted two divisions, kept us up, began the run of form which led to the title and assembled the team which won it. So I doubt we'd have won it without Ranieri, but we definitely wouldn't have won it without Pearson.

3. We were bottom for most of his last season: Again, since when did you judge results before they were in? We finished 14th, which was a success. If you are 0-2 in a game and win it 3-2 the important fact is that you get the points. In 2012/13 we were top for much of the season - was that a more successful campaign than, say, 1995/96? And Ferguson won several titles which he wouldn't have won if games ended on 80 minutes. How many Man U fans complain about that miserable Fergie era when games were repeatedly 0-0 on 55 minutes, but they ended up winning the league by 10+ points?

4. His record is nothing special - we would have expected promotion from League One and, given the investment, the FLC (and sooner): Expecting success and delivering it are two different things. He delivered twice when others didn't. And what made him special was that we stayed up in the PL, and won the league a year after he left. You'll struggle to find many comparisons anywhere in the modern era.

5. The owners' money won the league: We'd never have had the owners if we were still stuck in League One. And the key thing about the £7m total spent on Vardy, Drinky, Kante, Fuchs, Mahrez wasn't the grand sum of £7m, but the fact that we found £150m worth of talent for that price.

6. Walsh / Cambiasso / anyone else was the mastermind: There's no credible evidence that Cambiasso did anything more than NP allowed him to. Quite the opposite. Walsh was appointed by Pearson twice and the two worked together on team-building. Since when did you use the personnel a manager brings in as an argument against him?

7. He was tactically inept: It's often said that fans don't appreciate the complexity of tactics. NP often said that what we thought was a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 wasn't. We all thought that Claudio was the master tactician, but we all know how confused players were by his planning at times. Ultimately the only real judge of whether a boss's tactics were right is the result. And Pearson got them, as did Claudio.

Sorry for the length of post but it seemed easier to put it all in one rather than make seven individual responses. These gripes mostly began with people who bought into Sven's dream and struggled to let go of it. When history proved them wrong, they grasped for new arguments. I had my doubts with Pearson at times but history proved me wrong too. And that's all. The real argument is whether he is our greatest ever boss, not whether he was great or not. And I'm chuffed to bits for him.

Brilliant post, sums it all up perfectly. Can't believe any Leicestsr fan can not appreciate what Pearson did for this club 

• Like 3

Two very measured, well argued posts on this page from @Rob1742 and @inckley fox.

Pearson fecked up a number of things and wasn't easy to love at times but the stats suggest he did a bloody good job in the circumstances, especially when you consider the state we were in both times he arrived.

But if you despise the bloke personally, and some of our fans do, then you'll never see any good in anything he did with us.

Anyway he's gone, I doubt he'll ever be back, let's crack on and beat Liverpool today!

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Maybe I'm a bit blinkered but I found FOAD, the ostrich press conference and the MacArthur incident hilarious lol

Yep!

FOAD: if you're getting some idiot mouth off at you in any other situation in life you'd do the same

Ostrichgate: was getting asked ridiculous questions (which he'd already answered) which was a poor attempt to undermine him. Retaliated in hilarious fashion

McArthur "throttling": that one was a bit bizarre, but the two knew each other and McArthur had obviously said something to wind Pearson up, McArthur saw the funny side so I don't know why it upset anyone else

Basically people didn't like him because he had a haircut like a sales representative, he wore large white trainers and he wouldn't pander to anyone.

If those three things were different, he would be seen as a genius. But people just didn't like him because he was a bit of a maverick and didn't fit in.

And the haters try and justify the hate by saying he was crap at Derby. He just wasn't allowed to do his job there. But putting them back a couple of years makes him even more of a legend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1