Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Harvey Weinstein

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

One of the things I find hardest to believe is that apparently lots of people did say things, and were ignored. Completely different worlds to the one you and I live in though 

Do you really find it hard to believe though?

There's so many cover ups in the World that people in these positions know they can get away with it. Look at Saville.

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Do you really find it hard to believe though?

There's so many cover ups in the World that people in these positions know they can get away with it. Look at Saville.

In the normal world, yes I find it very hard to believe. I think that people in 'normal' circles would be picked up very quickly. I realise Savile and Weinstein don't operate in a normal world, but still can't really understand why those speaking out about what they were doing were so completely overlooked. 

Saville was on a complete other level of ****ery in terms of what he was getting up to, this crusty guy was using his power to do the damn deed with some of the most highly regarded stunners on the planet, his position would turn one in a dozen men into predators, Ol' Jimmy is one in a million.

Clearly he overstepped his boundaries a long time ago and some of these girls think its just something they have to do to get to where they want to be. That audio clip shows though just how much of a creep he is and what he thinks he can do to people who dont want any of it. Problem is this type of thing is much bigger than one Hollywood boss

• Like 1

I  (kind of) understand how saville could get away with it, as he was preying on vulnerable are largely silent members of the general public, and everyone was a bit more naive back in the 70s. And i sort of understand how money and influence can protect people like weinstein, but usually that's in the courtroom - all of these allegations should have at least gotten that far and not taken 20+ years to accumulate before real police action is being considered.

41 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The thing I find hard to get my head around is this is a man who would have had his pick of willing actresses, and no doubt did, but no that wasn't enough.

It's about power, not sex - willing doesn't do it for men like that.

I'm curious as to the dynamics of his other relationships. His wife and ex-wife for example, did he treat them any differently when he first met them? If so, why?

How can you have such a massive open-secret in what is probably the most papparazzi and gossip saturated industry?

Just now, winchesterton said:

I'm curious as to the dynamics of his other relationships. His wife and ex-wife for example, did he treat them any differently when he first met them? If so, why?

How can you have such a massive open-secret in what is probably the most papparazzi and gossip saturated industry?

Money, power and friends in high places

These type of people work on the basis that no one talks because their career is virtually over if they do. Everyone in the movie business and many outside of it knew, there's been references to it several times down the years but his position was seen as too powerful.

I expect other offenders to be 'outed' in the aftermath once Weinstein has been dealt with. This story will roll and roll now.

Edited by Max Wall

Guest seanfox778
6 hours ago, Webbo said:

The thing that annoys me is that he's going into rehab. As if it's not his fault, he has some kind of condition and once he's out he's cured and he can go back to his life as before.

He will probably get praised when he gets out of rehab too for the giant ordeal he’s been put through. 

Hollywood is fvcked up. Peados everywhere.

Corey Feldman was sexually abused in the 80s and was told he was "damaging an entire industry" when he finally had the courage to speak up about it. 

Then you get cvnts like Victor Salva who video'd himself molesting a 12 year old boy and after serving only 15 months for it, was allowed to direct more films like Jeepers Creepers.

25 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

What gets me is the "powerful" people around who did and do nothing about pieces of sh!t like this... Brad Pitt knew.. Clooney knew...etc etc... fvck knows how many other superstars did nothing to end it.

I don't disagree, but I've seen with my own eyes instances of people being party to some really bad stuff where you assume that someone will blow the lid on it, but when it comes to the crunch, people really don't want to be that person.

I think this is partly because folk assume that someone else will do it, or if you take responsibility and be that person you worry that people won't rally around, and you find yourself isolated even though everyone knows what's going on

7 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I don't disagree, but I've seen with my own eyes instances of people being party to some really bad stuff where you assume that someone will blow the lid on it, but when it comes to the crunch, people really don't want to be that person.

I think this is partly because folk assume that someone else will do it, or if you take responsibility and be that person you worry that people won't rally around, and you find yourself isolated even though everyone knows what's going on

Yup, plus people like Courtney Love who called Weinstein out got blacklisted by the Creative Arts Agency for saying it. Could be a career killer for most people.

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Hollywood is fvcked up. Peados everywhere.

Corey Feldman was sexually abused in the 80s and was told he was "damaging an entire industry" when he finally had the courage to speak up about it. 

Then you get cvnts like Victor Salva who video'd himself molesting a 12 year old boy and after serving only 15 months for it, was allowed to direct more films like Jeepers Creepers.

Roman Polanski drugged and raped a 13 year old girl in the late 70s and jumped bail before he could be sentenced. He's been living abroad ever since. They awarded him an Oscar in 2003 and the whole of Hollywood applauded.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Roman Polanski drugged and raped a 13 year old girl in the late 70s and jumped bail before he could be sentenced. He's been living abroad ever since. They awarded him an Oscar in 2003 and the whole of Hollywood applauded.

Horrific, never knew that. Also never knew his wife got murdered by Charles Manson and he survived the holocaust, imagine that all happening to you and still being a cvnt. 

I doubt that Hollywood is any worse for this shit than any other situation where you've got people working alongside each other where there is a massive power imbalance. Weinstein had the power to make or break careers, and found himself in a situation where he could do what he liked, and get away with it

• Like 1