Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has anyone taken a moment to try and understand the thought process behind bringing Andy King on in injury time and wasting precious seconds in the pursuit of a winner? It might be the most baffling thing Shakespeare has done and he's made some howlers so far. It was extraordinary.

Probably as some sort of thank you for his loyalty or something. He'll bring him on again vs Swansea to thank him again and secure a 2 nil loss.

7 minutes ago, shen said:

We look a side completely devoid of confidence. There's will and hard work there, but little quality or ingenuity.

It's well documented that we are not a good passing side and we tend not to find good solutions when we have the ball, but there seemed to be a total lack of concept last night.

What was Nacho's role? You could see from the first ten minutes that he had no clue what he was supposed to do or where he was meant to be. Couple that with a complete lack of zest and we're looking at a monumental gaffe here.

Iborra was utterly ineffective. I expect more from a player with his pedigree. He was slow, ponderous and didn't support our forwards at all. Instead, all initiative was delegated to Ndidi.

Ndidi has great physical attributes and is excellent at battling in the middle, but he's woeful as a playmaker. He's still very young and makes poor decisions, especially when in possession and it's suicidal to give him that responsibility. He could be such an asset if we took the pressure off him and limited his role a bit.

Mahrez drifting inside and not driving forward with the ball is pointless. He ends up playing it sideways or back a lot of the time. He's our one technically gifted player and he's basically wasted. I actually thought he did well in this context, but his anger and frustration after scoring spoke volumes.

Vardy, how can we not exploit this guy better? He's sharp when he gets chances (he was the key to the move that set up Mahrez' big chance) and he does so much excellent work up front, most of which is wasted. Yet we are able to give him no service game after game.

Albrighton is a player who will do as he's told and deliver quite consistently. Yet despite knowing exactly what you get with him, we are still getting precious little end product. If the idea is that we pepper the box with back post crosses, then why the heck do we not play with big strikers and runners to the back post?! After all, it's what Marc does 9 times out of ten when he cuts inside! The one big chance we create comes from him and Vardy interplaying and Marc running into the box, laying off a low cross to an unmarked man. Why was this the only istance of that happening? Why doesn't Marc do that 9 times out of ten?!

We know we can get so much more out of Fuchs than we currently get. He tries crosses and looks to get forward, but he didn't get a lot of help yesterday. When he links up with a quick one-two with Marc and drives into the box, that's when he gets lethal.

Simpson is limited offensively, always has been, always will be. Why have we STILL not got a different option? Why are we not practising Marc at RWB more and giving ourselves more options in attack? Everything goes through the middle (where we are utterly toothless bar the long ball over the top) or through the left.

Even Harry Mag-effing-uire, the bright light, the 'savior', the player that would allow us to play a different way, has regressed to just being a defender now. No runs are made by others, which means he drives forward. That was punished hard against Liverpool, so now he sits back like Morgan, mostly moving it out wide or launching it long. We've dragged him down to 'our level'.

Didn't plan on it becoming such a long post, but we have clear problems in our style of play, which our usual lineup in this formation is only helping to exacerbate. It's stiffling the integration of new players who are forced to do something that is not natural to them.

I'm sure the management see it, but they are yet to prove they are able to implement new or difference ideas and correct the mistakes being made. And that is what worries me most...

I think we have to come to the conclusion that Shakes is stupid.

Game after game 4- 4 ****ing 2.

Passive play.

We concede.

He leaves it until 10 mins to go before changing the system which has some success but it’s too little too late.

Then repeat.

As many have said Iborra was never going to be good in a two

hes not mobile enough. He has some ability but made very little going forward because there was no movement in front of him. Ian was static for example.

There needs to be three in CM at

least one of who needs to run at the opposition to and get us further up the pitch / get their players facing the opposite way. That will create space to be able to pass. 

We had 4 defenders most of the game with no threat at all to deal with: another reason to change the system.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Why would we expect to win there? They seem very organised now under clement.

to give him one game away from home to keep your faith in him seems a bit odd - either ditch him now or wait to see how he sets up and the team plays or the next home game. If we play like we did at bmouth or Huddersfield then he is bang in trouble with the owners. I think our performance there last Feb under Claudio did for him in the end. 

We should be battering Swansea though and the calibre of opposition gets tougher past that game, I'm just desperate for it to work out because you just know the mass media pundits will lap it up

To not bring on either Gray or Okazaki as the final sub was utterly bizarre!!!

Gray starts a rare game at Bournemouth and yes he didn't offer too much but nobody did in that game, then he's dropped again and doesn't even get a minute in a game that was crying out for him.

I get people on here saying he's too greedy, his final ball lets him down etc etc but this kid has talent and the sooner we play him the better..... He needs a run of games like anyone and then if he's poor you drop him....

Mahrez and Albrighton have had numerous poor games but still get picked.

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We should be battering Swansea though and the calibre of opposition gets tougher past that game, I'm just desperate for it to work out because you just know the mass media pundits will lap it up

really ?  United won 4-0 but didn’t score until the stroke of half time and it was 2-0 after 80 mins.

Who else has ‘battered’ them this season?

I am intrigued as to why you think we should ???

18 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You forget though that they have a manager with some tactical nous, as opposed to us.

Playing effectively a flat back 6 and then 3 in the defensive central midfield role is a weird form of 'tactical nous'. They shut up shop hoping for a draw, and if not for that needless free kick they wouldn't have even had that. I'd say they were pretty lucky, to be honest.

That said, it doesn't excuse our lack of creativity or forward passing.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not necessarily, when they gave Ranieri the job they told him he had to keep Shakespeare and Walsh.

True enough but I can't see many top managers being prepared to accept Shakey as head coach knowing that he could be poised to step in again if things went pear shaped :)

We were wi off the expected pace yesterday, so I wont try and make a silk purse out of it.

But...

In all our games Mahrez c and Albrighton put in a few dangerous crosses, nobody commited themselves

to bust a gut to get to them, exception Vardy.

So I wont have a go at Mahrez or Albrighton, their last 3rd of their play produced yesterday 5-6 top crosses,

at least 2 should of produced a goal.A goal would then have lifted our play.

Nacho, played has though he was wondering if he left the kettle on at home.This was his big chance to give

himself a stage and CS another style, he let the team down with his approach, then the stupid foul leading to their

goal...didnt he learn anything at Man.city.Though he should get the Bench, and selected  against Leeds.

He was nowhere near any of the crosses.

Fuchs looked tired, and seemed to be struggling with something. Opportunity for a 3 at the back, and Chilwell

to play a more forward role.

We need James back, then we play....Iborea, Ndidi, James.

I Dont understand, the downers on Albrighton, it aint his fault his crosses are being wasted, before and after WBAs goal

he and Mahrezs crosses , had nobody standing back for fallout, and less than 2 getting near the ball.

We had at the beginning nobody coming in away from the far post. Like Shankly and Cloughie used to say...

once a cross reaches the penalty area at any decent hight, there is then no poor cross, but poor attacking support!!!

Ndidi and Iborra, broke up play well through the 90 minutes, but when we got back into the game Ndidi distribution

and holding of the ball, disintegrated.Iborra just needs more games in the side.

WesMorgan..never really poor, but IMO Huth or Drago would give us more in either back 4 or 3.

Like many mentioned, once the terraces recognised Their Gks problem, CS should have got his players to

push, and fire off some shots...We played into their hands, we had no leader on the pitch, they had 2-3 who

thought on their feet. DDrinkwater dont forget was also no leader, so  we need in my eyes, a midfielder leader,

that can take us forward. 

CS though imo too late in the game got his subs right.Slimani should of come on at the 60th minute mark.

He should get the nod for Swansea, that means playing Albrighton or Gray to feed him.

If James still isnt fit, play Okazaki deeper, with Iborra and Ndidi.....

I cant argue  against the CS doubters, but I want to still give him a chance to show he can prove he can turn it around.

6-8 games, upturn in performances, nous and results, plus you also have to be a lucky manager...but earn it..!!!

Hi King was on cos Iborra was shot but we didn't get the extra 45 seconds?

West Brom were bloody awful not making a tackle in our half just backing away.

There was a bit of caution and fear in our play but plenty of chances to score first the two Mahrez free kicks early just needed some contact.Likewise couple of well worked crosses and Vardy/Nacho didn't quite commit/gamble.Slim when he came on showed how to get into the right area to arrrive get on the end of a cross.Vardy is great often isolated but not getting into the place where the ball may arrive and the crosses were not accurate in truth

Lot of better play for me.Iborra was solid and played a lot of balls direct to feet.Nacho did not fall over -I rest my case.We looked a stronger physical team overall which is a positive.

I think we can see good points out of the next two games

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Playing effectively a flat back 6 and then 3 in the defensive central midfield role is a weird form of 'tactical nous'. They shut up shop hoping for a draw, and if not for that needless free kick they wouldn't have even had that. I'd say they were pretty lucky, to be honest.

That said, it doesn't excuse our lack of creativity or forward passing.

He is talking about Swansea but in truth, pullis came for a point, hoped to nick a win and came closer than we did to our objective. Tactically shakey didn’t come close 

42 minutes ago, shen said:

As a Leicester fan, you should be the first to acknowledge that this argument is useless.

I'm not saying that's why we will win though, but that's why I judge that as a must win really. It's not as if the Liberty is a fortress either, the calibre of opposition only gets better after that. The change in tactics which ultimately earned us the point was encouraging, albiet a little late. 

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Mahrez's miss was the miss of the season so far. His body shape was far too open and his head was up..equals skying it.

so, we are just gonna act like vardy didn't miss a wide open tap-in vs huddersfield? which is even more worrying because vardy has a character of steel

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Must have been too busy giving his post match interview with the BBC...hopefully he's rushed home to update his CV for his new job search task along with his fookin' Appleton sidekick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41547739

I believe there are contractual agreements with the clubs that both managers feature on SKY TV after the televised game, that why I suspect that all is not well.

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Thats OTT, and a major problem on this forum..Too high a expectations from this group and squad, and too low estimations on our opposition, whoever they are.

We are strughling no doubt, and CS has to get them performing, far better than at present, or hes history...

If a few years ago Leicester had done a WBA, we would of been quite content.

We talk about CS being slow, This  forum shows its also a few cups Short of a tea service sometimes...

Pl title Era has gone, The top Back.room system NP built, desimated by Ranieri, the club is back to being an also ran .The owners seem to having more fish to fry and not concentrating on previous promises, and themselves have been let down 2-3 times, with poor secondary board room Management...We are what we harvest, we ourselves within the club had cowboys at the helm, and not farmers at the plough. Rudkin and his staff have failed miserably...Ranieri after a

Great season, blew away the successfull Set up, through Italian arrogance...

WE are now only an 20-12th PL Avg club.  Disperse and forget those high expectations until

Otherwise proved.The club has failed across the board.

After 1996, I seen BVB Dortmund implode, with us its worse because the unique opportunity we created, from nothing  132 yrs tears of frustration, wasted!!!

Dont jiz of other clubs because of it...

Swansea have recovered and at present re-earnt some respect in endeavouring to stay PL,

As...Bournemouth, Burnley.

Archived