Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

The fact that their keeper could barely stand and we didn't take advantage of that is preposterous! Only shots were from 2 of our defenders (maguire and simmo) and both were straight at him (he actually struggled a little with these also) 

Our decision making has completely gone to pot! We don't have a clue as to what to do with the ball once we get it. 

The change of shape clearly helped, however personnel was wrong. We had to attack this team and we would have won the game. 

Shakey :  I'm starting to lose hope really. I think he is beyond his depth, when I saw King was about to come on I lost it. Why not bring Gray on to have some much needed spark to win that game. As soon as their goal went in we should have changed, instead he waited... Waiting for what who knows!? 

Mahrez was... Meh... Slightly Better than he has been and I did like his reaction when he scored. 

Pedestrian football does not belong at Leicester City!

In isolation we edged that game, and there is hope that we may move on from slow, turgid, rigid 442. Those are the plus points. 

What worries me is the lack of desire, tactical astuteness and tempo in our game. Whatever Shakey had, he seems to have lost it. I'm not sure he wants it to be honest. Deep down I think he's missing being an assistant and out of the limelight. 

Usual crap performance against WBA - no wonder they've never lost at the KP.  First half was like playing with 10 men with Iheanacho (usually the same with Andy K) & Iborra playing at a snail's pace with sideways passing (again see AK)- summed up by Danny S having the best chance of the half (first time his shot's been on target?). Second half mildly better & more entertaining until Kasper decided to help his Dad out with an early master class on how not to gamble on free kicks (he's been a crap gambler since Burnley (home): 3 seasons ago) & how many people to have in a wall, etc.  Chadli had done nothing up to that point.  Reverse the situation& Mahrez would have hit the wall.  At least RM made up for his earlier glaring miss with his tidy finish.  I then expected a barnstorming finish but did we have another shot on target? Did Fuchs pass to anyone in a blue shirt.  Thank F, I didn't travel 300 miles+ to watch that shower.

Shakey sounds like a nice bloke but can't seem to motivate the players to pass accurately to each other.  All this crap about so&so is on fire in training & practising new systems etc :nigel:

Where does Appleton fit into all of this & poor tactics? Since his arrival, we appear to be playing more like a League 1 team.  Did he suggest AK substitution on 93 mins to hang on for the draw?  I live in hope of avoiding relegation but currently we're the worst team in the PL & have been lucky to scrape draws at HTFC & BFC. :(  Oh well - there's always League Cup to look forward to :scarf:

I should have stayed at home and carried on watching my paint dry in the living room.  Turgid, awful no bloody clue football with an even clueless manager.  If he says

fine margins one more bloody time I will scream.

Get him out of our club now.  One win in 14 premier league games is relegation form.  He has to go.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Not long now til you can get home and chill out with a big spliff Daz. Sounds like you need one :thumbup:

ok mate, so I sounded a bit ****ed off in the match thread with how utterly shit we were and obviously not happy at going against my instincts and leaving the house to view that shit, bla bla bla.

you rightly suggested that maybe partaking in the weed might bring me down a bit and I was like 'yeah Izzy is right, maybe I need to wind down and reflect and maybe we weren't so bad and it was an ok evening and that'. 

so I did that - got in, had a little blaze on the vaporiser and I did a bit of reflecting and I'm pleased to say that I was absolutely 100% right - we were wretched and CS tactics were shit again. 

I knew it. 

lol

2 minutes ago, vanity said:

Could Maguire play in a MF 3?

I don't think so, personally. Maguire needs to chill out abit. I think the England stuff has gone to his head a little. He should concentrate on hitting a blue shirt with his passing. Do this in training with Fuchs and Simmo in a triangle

Doubly pissed off because J19 was closed and I've only just got back. Took me 2 ****ing hours to get to the game just coming from Kettering.

The one plus point from this game is that I'm not a West Brom fan. What a ****ing horrible team they are. Time-wasting bastards. That said, they had the best player on the pitch in Gareth Barry. He may be 47 but he's still quality.

In most of the games this past 12 months I have been able to make excuses, but the reality is that we are very poor. I think this season the reason is that we aren't pressing their back line. We are hoofing the ball to them and then running backwards until they can take unlimited shots at goal. When we do get the ball everybody is behind it.

Towards the end of Nigel Pearsons reign, what I used to appreciate was how we would just outscore the opposition, but now we are setting up way to negatively and its dull to watch. I don't think the signings are being given a chance with the formation. We need to go to a 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and outscore them. I would rather have lost 4-3 than drawn 1-1.

I don't think I can name a single team in the league who I believe we would beat at the moment.

I think the whole team are lacking a bit of an identity crisis. 

We are no longer a side that harasses and chases down like the title winning season.

And we don't still have the players to be a possession based team, and we're sort of mixed between the two....so confidence is low.

We seriously lack any creativity/ball carrying central midfielder, I would personally put Mahrez just behind Vardy and Slimani and put Grey and Albrighton on the wings with either Ndidi or Iborra just screening and sitting back.

That aside, I'm not sure Shakey and his "mates" really have a clue and the job is far too big for any of them.

There is a reason Shakey hasn't been a manager before, and this is showing why.

He is learning his stripes in an unforgiving league where any weakness is highlighted.

By the time he has learned and reflected from mistakes it will be too late.

Silva at Watford was the one that got away, and he will go on to bigger and better things in time.

We need to get an experienced Manager in who knows what he is doing, with his own backroon team, new fresh ideas and ship out some of the hangers on behind the scenes.

Untill that happens we will continue to stop moving forward as a club and expect lower end premiership football 

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

That's the most sensible view I've read. Mahrez should have scored, the freekick was a decent strike but Kasper's positioning was again suspect and we fought back well when we could have sunk without trace. Not a great performance but really should have been 3 points.

You can't and won't put it on the best attacking player player on the pitch. You can't begrudge a player for not netting 100% of the goal opportunities, even more so when they were two of them. It's absurd.

28 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Doubly pissed off because J19 was closed and I've only just got back. Took me 2 ****ing hours to get to the game just coming from Kettering.

The one plus point from this game is that I'm not a West Brom fan. What a ****ing horrible team they are. Time-wasting bastards. That said, they had the best player on the pitch in Gareth Barry. He may be 47 but he's still quality.

What makes it tripley worse is that you live in Kettering!

It doesn't feel like Shakespeare is our manager. The club just seems completely rudderless at the minute and we need a change of direction. Many of the title-winning side just aren't up to it anymore, their appetite has completely gone. I acknowledge that we were trying to play some more football, but we just weren't very good at it. I know that this set of players are better than what we're seeing, but if they don't have the hunger and aren't being pointed in the right direction, then it's irrelevant. 

9 minutes ago, Typhoeus said:

In most of the games this past 12 months I have been able to make excuses, but the reality is that we are very poor. I think this season the reason is that we aren't pressing their back line. We are hoofing the ball to them and then running backwards until they can take unlimited shots at goal. When we do get the ball everybody is behind it.

Towards the end of Nigel Pearsons reign, what I used to appreciate was how we would just outscore the opposition, but now we are setting up way to negatively and its dull to watch. I don't think the signings are being given a chance with the formation. We need to go to a 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and outscore them. I would rather have lost 4-3 than drawn 1-1.

I don't think I can name a single team in the league who I believe we would beat at the moment.

Agree in the sense that we need to stop playing defensively until we go behind. We are seeing a clear pattern against the lesser lights of the league -- we play defensively, concede, then we start to come fwd in the 2H and we tie the game. We need to start games on the front foot, as you suggest. We cannot beat teams with a 4-4-2 with our personnel. We simply cannot do it, we are inferior to the entire league playing that way.

2 hours ago, sdb said:

In isolation we edged that game, and there is hope that we may move on from slow, turgid, rigid 442. Those are the plus points. 

What worries me is the lack of desire, tactical astuteness and tempo in our game. Whatever Shakey had, he seems to have lost it. I'm not sure he wants it to be honest. Deep down I think he's missing being an assistant and out of the limelight. 

If it's true the players wanted Pearson as first choice when he came in then it's bound to be a subconscious issue that the players don't fully back him and believe they should have a better, proven manager.

If he hasn't already then Shakespeare should be picking up on that and dealing with it because it certainly seems to be showing on the pitch in that the players are playing with no belief or happiness whatsoever.

Shakespeare is not just gonna resign, but he needs to at least try and deal with the situation by kicking some arse and shuffling the pack before he gets the boot.

Whatever system/philosophy he is trying to implement and develop isn't worth persevering with because he hasn't got the tools (players) at his disposal.

Being a manager is more than just trying to be tactically astute and keeping players happy.

6 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Put my name on the teamsheet. Wholly predictable.

In too @Vardinio'sCat, I called it in the match thread.  Love Kasper so much but I'd rather stick Wes in goal when facing a long range free kick.  How much goal does he consistently give them to aim at.  I bet he saves more pennos than free kicks!! 

The issue last night was as clear as day. The midfield lacked the ability to drive the play forward which in turn creates space for the forwards. What we lack is someone in that midfield who can pick the ball up and run at the defence. It was one of Kante biggest strengths. He could make up 10 yards quickly and create space for others. For me VI and WN are defensive CM and we really need a 3 and drop Gray in there. At times there was acres of space in midfield but it was all too slow. 

Archived