Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

4 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

What is it with people buggering off 5 minutes before the end no matter what the score? We were clinging on and needed the noise on Tuesday and the stands were emptying. Could understand if we were 5-1 down like Spurs last season.

It's become an absolute disease. It's worse at other grounds but there must be 5k gone by the final whistle now, whatever the score. Hate it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

What is it with people buggering off 5 minutes before the end no matter what the score? We were clinging on and needed the noise on Tuesday and the stands were emptying. Could understand if we were 5-1 down like Spurs last season.

Will never understand it. They are not fans (fanatics). They are just modern football supporters.

Why would you not want to applaud off the team you love after a truly great performance? 

In the past we have had every crap excuse that just prove they are not fans just supporters.

Edited by I blame Wellens

44 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Will never understand it. They are not fans (fanatics). They are just modern football supporters.

Why would you not want to applaud off the team you love after a truly great performance? 

In the past we have had every crap excuse that just prove they are not fans just supporters.

I would guess they don't have the same sense of attachment that some of you do - myself, if I leave early, it's practical. I'd always much rather stay to the very end though.

45 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

I don't get it either. A couple of games ago I had a group of lads sitting next to me. They arrived about 10 minutes late, left 15 minutes before half time, came back about 15 minutes after half time and left well before the final whistle. The lad next to me spent ages trying to tell me about his holiday too. I really wondered why they bothered going at all. 

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

Agree - and you can set your watch by the sequence of the same old plagiarised generic crap reproduced across the country. It's a shame that such a loud support tends to be so unoriginal and derivative. Embarrassing. 

Eh? lol

Apart from the Slade number, I think the vast majority of chants that have started up in that area over the past couple of years have been original. 

In fact, I'm fairly certain that section of the ground has got grief in the past for *not* joining in with the kind of songs you're describing.

• Like 2

New chants take off if a lot of people, young and old, know the tune, it's not rocket science

thats why the ranieri song( an Italian song called volares) worked so well

so to be using the same tune for a Spaniard sounds lame and unimaginative 

I think the saffron lane line is a great touch but in a more Spanish type song would take off more

I suggested a while back in the new chants thread a chant to the tune of viva  espana, which everyone knows 

but would now include the saffron lane bit

vicente came from sunny spain

a viva iborra

he came to live on saffron lane

a viva Iborra 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I blame Wellens said:

No real fan leaves early.

Absolutely no excuse for it, have never understood it, especially when there's only one goal in it.

Clap your team off for christ sake, if they've shown some effort, win, lose or draw!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Eh? lol

Apart from the Slade number, I think the vast majority of chants that have started up in that area over the past couple of years have been original. 

Really? Name them. 

2 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

No real fan leaves early.

Absolutely no excuse for it, have never understood it, especially when there's only one goal in it.

Clap your team off for christ sake, if they've shown some effort, win, lose or draw!

I never leave early, I do sometimes make my way closer to the stairs ready for a sharp exit after we've clapped the team off though 

10 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't get it either. A couple of games ago I had a group of lads sitting next to me. They arrived about 10 minutes late, left 15 minutes before half time, came back about 15 minutes after half time and left well before the final whistle. The lad next to me spent ages trying to tell me about his holiday too. I really wondered why they bothered going at all. 

Think we have found the problem here.:schmike:

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Some Folks

Leicester Boys Are We

LSF

Boys From Filbert Street

Leicestershire Boys

Various others.

And that's it then - the Leicester City songbook. Largely adapted from existing and past chants, simply insert word Leicester and boys here <         > together with some asinine bollocks about pride in Leicester. Precisely my point.

More likely following the slow clap(pers) to the outro of Hey Jude, you'll mainly be hearing that stupid "whoawhoa- oooo" bollocks that the Holmesdale contingent at Palace nicked from St.Pauli (via some League One Scottish Club that I can't recall).  The inevitable "La donna è mobile" from Verdi's "Rigoletto" followed by "C'mon Feel the Noize", "Sloop John B" or "Tom Hark" etc etc...all standard fare all very predictable. 

The point I was making, is that barring shoehorning dodgy lyrics usually involving the words blue, Leicester and boys into already well worn and overused tunes - we have very few club specific anthems or original adaptations. Even the Cambiasso chant was stolen from Man U.

It might be amongst the loudest, but we are amongst the the most embarrassing and uncreative supporters in the entire league - which makes it worse. 

Also, not sure whether you were aware, but when Andy King gets the ball he scores a goal?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

And that's it then - the Leicester City songbook. Largely adapted from existing and past chants, simply insert word Leicester and boys here <         > together with some asinine bollocks about pride in Leicester. Precisely my point.

More likely following the slow clap(pers) to the outro of Hey Jude, you'll mainly be hearing that stupid "whoawhoa- oooo" bollocks that the Holmesdale contingent at Palace nicked from St.Pauli (via some League One Scottish Club that I can't recall).  The inevitable "La donna è mobile" from Verdi's "Rigoletto" followed by "C'mon Feel the Noize", "Sloop John B" or "Tom Hark" etc etc...all standard fare all very predictable. 

The point I was making, is that barring shoehorning dodgy lyrics usually involving the words blue, Leicester and boys into already well worn and overused tunes - we have very few club specific anthems or original adaptations. Even the Cambiasso chant was stolen from Man U.

It might be amongst the loudest, but we are amongst the the most embarrassing and uncreative supporters in the entire league - which makes it worse. 

Also, not sure whether you were aware, but when Andy King gets the ball he scores a goal?

Looks like you need to start sharing your chant ideas then. You can’t knock others when you don’t come up with any ideas

Edited by LCFC FOX

Just now, LCFC FOX said:

Looks like you need to start sharing your chant ideas then. You can’t knock other when you don’t come up with any ideas

How about John Cage's 4'33?

(May well be Fulham got there first though.)

13 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I think you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet. The songs I just posted are literally not used by anyone else, or adapted from anyone else (one tune is cadged from Bochum). Originality is something the section strives for all the time.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Some Folks

Leicester Boys Are We

LSF

Boys From Filbert Street

Leicestershire Boys

Various others.

If Some Folks got big I rekon the chorus of the song should be played just before kick off instead of Hey Jude so everybody could join in. 

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

I think you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet. 

lol

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Originality is something the section strives for all the time.

They may well strive for it, but In a decade and a half they haven't managed to come up with much beyond dilly and dong. You make it sound as though LBlock has single handedly revolutionised the English football terrace. Even Pen 3 had more creative brains behind it...

"As she wheeled her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow, singing....the Leicester!!!" 

Jeez :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Line-X said:

?? this post is spot on 

14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And what are you going to be doing to improve things? 

I dunno, adapt another Kasabian song? - a band so woefully unoriginal you might as well say that Status Quo invented the twelve bar blues. 

Join in with "Wesley Morgan is a Blue"?

In the wholly unrealistic expectation that we ever in our history collectively coin an original chant that could actually be heard above Three Nation Army or "Leicestershire la la la" emanating from the Kop, (I'd lay odds of 5000-1 of this happening), It'd simply be appropriated by some other club's supporters.

C'mon 'Sol'- let's hear you, paint by numbers, instant football chants....sing along a Leicester...

"We love you, we love you, we love you,

And where you play we follow we follow we follow,

Cos we support the [insert club here], the [insert club here], the [insert club here],

And that's the way we like it we like it we like it,

Whoaaaaaaa whoaaaaaaaaa..."

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 1

Just now, Line-X said:

I dunno, adapt another Kasabian song? - a band so woefully unoriginal you might as well say that Status Quo invented the twelve bar blues. 

Join in with "Wesley Morgan is a Blue"?

In the wholly unrealistic expectation that we ever in our history collectively coin an original chant that could actually be heard above Three Nation Army or "Leicestershire la la la" emanating from the Kop, (I'd lay odds of 5000-1 of this happening), It'd simply be appropriated by some other club's supporters.

C'mon 'Sol'- let's hear you, paint by numbers, instant football chants....sing along a Leicester...

"We love you, we love you, we love you,

And where you play we follow we follow we follow,

Cos we support the [insert club here], the [insert club here], the [insert club here],

And that's the way we like it we like it we like it,

Whoaaaaaaa whoaaaaaaaaa..."

Yeah top work pal. Tell all your mates about how you scored some points on an internet forum.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah top work pal. Tell all your mates about how you scored some points on an internet forum.

??? - That's precisely the point. It's an Internet forum - so what? I don't like generic football chants, I find them embarrassing - so what? I think Leicester support is pretty uninspired - so what? What's your point?

Look back in this thread. Jimmy observed that player specific chants were rare, and I criticised the unoriginal ones. Voll Blau mentioned a few that were to be fair, but my point is they are largely drowned out by the same old predictable shite. Again, so what?

For some reason you are taking exception to this. 

As you said, it's an internet forum. That's my view. So what?

If you think that the singing a nicked chant off Palace makes us stand out because we sing it louder than the other 50 clubs that stole it then that's entirely your prerogative and I wish you all the best.