Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

First visit this season and thought it was good....Sat in SK4  giving it socks....looking across the kop to our right there seemed to be quite a few in Sk3 / SK2 standing at the back singing...Also heared  L1 several times.....was impressed with how most of the kop stayed cheering and chanting well after the game finished (not as good as Sevilla last year) couldn’t believe  though how many were leaving all around the ground with 5 minutes to go and the game in the balance 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

They maybe tell the ultras to change the song if it's not working. They sing the same boring song even though nobody having it. I thought the loudest songs last night weren't being sung by the UFS. The other side of the kop seemed to be starting the loud chants what were travelling. Please can you tell them to stop singing about Bertie Mee and Bill Shankley. It isn't cool and hardly anyone joins in. Also you don't need to sing WYS more then once a half. 

lol

As a fanbase we have about 5 songs these days. If a group want to sing for 90 minutes they are going to have to repeat the same song a few times or keep a song going where there are quiet points due to tension or whatever.

EDIT: I agree it was much better last night. Game definitely helped.

Edited by C-man
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

They maybe tell the ultras to change the song if it's not working. They sing the same boring song even though nobody having it. I thought the loudest songs last night weren't being sung by the UFS. The other side of the kop seemed to be starting the loud chants what were travelling. Please can you tell them to stop singing about Bertie Mee and Bill Shankley. It isn't cool and hardly anyone joins in. Also you don't need to sing WYS more then once a half. 

I don't go to games anymore but might go on Saturday just to sing Bertie Mee all game ?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

1 hour ago, The soup nazi said:

I don't go to games anymore but might go on Saturday just to sing Bertie Mee all game ?

Not sure i've ever heard UFS start that???

As for WYS , we should do it more, it's unique to us, why would we not do it as much as possible, I guess maybe we should have a few more KPFC songs instead, seen as that's what we have become, amount of ****ing tourists outside on Tuesday. 

Soup, I can almost see why you have given up and decided Germany is the place to be, mind you I hear the results are shit.

I remember being 3 down at home to Liverpool at Filbert St, and the Leicester, Leicester, Leicester Chant being picked up for 20 plus minutes solid, just to drown them out, and show support for the lads. we were beating ****ing spurs FFS and the lads were on the back foot and our ground can't even do come on Leicester for more than 3 lines, before it dies off, the modern game and the PL have killed football fan culture in this country, it's now all about, box holders, families and tourists, and that's coming from someone who take's his kid, I think he maybe invited on the next Holland trip so he can see what we have lost, on Saturday all you could here was PSV for 90 mins at Excelsior, we can't even muster up 9 mins of constant noise with over triple the away allocations we get in this country. 

Not looking forward to sat, because if we can't get up for Spurs at home there is no chance of there being any atmosphere v Burnley unless we are about 7 nil up. Will be interesting to see how many they bring tho, Sat 3pm surely more than the 50 they used to bring on a tuesday in the Championship lol 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Heard good things about the other night which is good news! Hopefully an old school Saturday 3pm against some less fashionable opposition will be as good at the weekend! 

Probably not

I was thinking before the game that all we needed was a spirited performance against a top side to change the atmosphere and hopefully that will be the case. Of course the atmosphere shouldn't be a reflection of what's happening on the pitch and should be 'fanatical' regardless, however I do think the homes games prior to Spurs hadn't helped the issue. 

Straight forward win v Brighton with us always in control.

Fairly straight forward walkover for Chelsea with no chance to get going.

Completely flat v West Brom.

Better v Everton with an energetic performance.

The timing of the goals v Man City just killed the atmosphere before and after half time.

Hopefully Tuesday night was a turnaround! 

No WYS should be sung at the start of the game and after half time and maybe at the end. Bertie Mee and Bill Shankley have nothing to do with Leicester, clue in the song "NORTH BANK HIGHBURY." 

Chants can go catch easy if they're good. Take the Ulloa song. Everyone learnt it pretty quickly. Crazy but it's true and Leicester boys our we aren't the best either. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

No WYS should be sung at the start of the game and after half time and maybe at the end. Bertie Mee and Bill Shankley have nothing to do with Leicester, clue in the song "NORTH BANK HIGHBURY." 

Chants can go catch easy if they're good. Take the Ulloa song. Everyone learnt it pretty quickly. Crazy but it's true and Leicester boys our we aren't the best either. 

I actually agree with you about the Bertie Mee song, I've never understood why we sing it.

Feel free to come up with some of your own suggestions though if none of the other new ones are good enough for you..

20 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

You do realise 'North Bank Highbury' is used in the song to make a point about Shankley not knowing about the North Bank but instead knowing about the Leicester Boot Boys. The Boot boys being a group of Leicester supporters in 60's, so yes it does have something to do with Leicester.

Edited by baker11
  • Like 2

Why are people slagging me off for ? I'm trying to address the issue about how poor the atmosphere is and why people aren't singing. The UFS aren't clearly working because the atmosphere is going backwards. Surely that's what they exist for isn't it ? Improving the atmosphere ? 

As a non member of the UFS but as someone who stands and sings every game, I'm coming at it as a different voice. The songs go on too long and the songs are poor. Please please bin the ****ing drum !!!! We don't need a drum and half the time all you can hear is the drum and not actually people singing. Also can we bring back singing against the away fans ? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Why are people slagging me off for ? I'm trying to address the issue about how poor the atmosphere is and why people aren't singing. The UFS aren't clearly working because the atmosphere is going backwards. Surely that's what they exist for isn't it ? Improving the atmosphere ? 

As a non member of the UFS but as someone who stands and sings every game, I'm coming at it as a different voice. The songs go on too long and the songs are poor. Please please bin the ****ing drum !!!! We don't need a drum and half the time all you can hear is the drum and not actually people singing. Also can we bring back singing against the away fans ? 

You've basically just told us in the last few posts that UFS should basically bin off everything. This goes far deeper than just constructive criticism. Why are you picking on them and not the 2/3rds of the stadium that you never hear a peep out of? At least they're trying. 

22 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

I agree they go on too long, and also some new songs like the Danny Simpson one is f'ing awful, and 10 people sing it. SK1 has gone backwards massively this year

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I agree they go on too long, and also some new songs like the Danny Simpson one is f'ing awful, and 10 people sing it. SK1 has gone backwards massively this year

You're missing the point- it's not Union FS' fault, it's the rest of the stand who can't be bothered to get off their arses and sing.

That Simpson chant is on par with the "David nugent he plays for England chant." I'm not attacking any of the UFS but because I don't have the same opinion as them I'm the one being attacked. Their ideas aren't working ATM are they ? The atmosphere is as bad as ever. 

Look at the iborra chant , get sung pretty loud. We need more chants though. Chilwell needs one and Albrighton deserves better then the one he's got now. I really don't get why they binned under the lights off.. only have to swapped a few words and was a good song what everyone sang. 

for people saying we only have 5 songs why not bring back some older chants that used to be sang? make up some songs for players as other than Mahrez, Vardy, Iborra and Wes we don't really have any, and no shouting Schmeichel over and over again doesn't count